Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

A good problem to have!

I just discovered a problem! I booked a trip last night...we leave on 1/25. I'm super excited....but I have a problem. I don't know what to wear!!!!

I've lost a little over 30lbs since my last trip to WDW. While I had a standard "parks uniform" I could count on for every day in the parks, my pants no longer stay up! I really don't know what I'm going to wear since I'm still in the losing stage of my journey and only own 2 pair of pants that fit!

Thanks WISH boards for helping me have this "not-as-big" problem!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

May your "problems" continue!!

I am facing the same thing. If I continue as well as I have been then I will have a major problem with what to wear to work in a month or so. I actually looked at my closet stuffed with clothes and thought "I really hate to have to replace all of this!" But this is my first weight loss wardrobe-- everything I bought when I lost 50 pounds. Because I knew that would still be an "in between" wardrobe I went cheap-- I bought most all of it at the Goodwill. We have a really nice one near us. And I shopped on the clearance racks any time I was out. I also have a friend that is a great seamstress so she altered some of my favorite shirts and has said she can take my current pants in so they will work for a few more months.

Check out your local thrift stores and check out the clearance racks of your favorite stores and online. See if anyone you know sews and might be able to take your pants in. Or if all else fails-- buy a good belt! I bought one that is stretchy -- not really sure how to describe it, no holes, just stretchy fabric so I can adjust it how ever I need to.

Have a great trip!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
May your "problems" continue!!
...Because I knew that would still be an "in between" wardrobe I went cheap-- I bought most all of it at the Goodwill. We have a really nice one near us. And I shopped on the clearance racks any time I was out. I also have a friend that is a great seamstress so she altered some of my favorite shirts and has said she can take my current pants in so they will work for a few more months.

Check out your local thrift stores and check out the clearance racks of your favorite stores and online. See if anyone you know sews and might be able to take your pants in. Or if all else fails-- buy a good belt! I bought one that is stretchy -- not really sure how to describe it, no holes, just stretchy fabric so I can adjust it how ever I need to.

Have a great trip!
I love this advice and could not think of anything better.

Congratulations to you and best WISHes on your journey.

Have a great vaca.
Tiger Lily 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

woooohooooo!!!!!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
redlight
DIS Veteran

Awesome!

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Sandi12404
Mouseketeer

That's fantastic. Great job! I have lost and gained weight over the years but this year I'm determined to lose it for good. I've kept most of my small clothes in a drawer and I'm looking forward to getting back in them. My ultimate goal is a pair of Calvin Klein jeans (size 10) that I wore before my first daughter was born. They're still in my closet and I would love to be able to slide those puppies on.

me hubby dd15 dd9 ds 1
Sandi12404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: