Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradehilton View Post
Since the price of the dining plan has increased since we used it last in 2010 paying for 4 adults is very expensive we will not be doing the DDP this next trip but getting a TIW card instead.

I have read on other posts people stating that the service was not as good when they said they had a TIW card at the beginning of a meal. What is the procedure when having a TIW card? I don't want them to run the bill to then discover I have a TIW card.
They bring you the bill, you give them your credit card and TIW card, they give you the discount. It isn't a problem.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradehilton View Post
I have read on other posts people stating that the service was not as good when they said they had a TIW card at the beginning of a meal. What is the procedure when having a TIW card? I don't want them to run the bill to then discover I have a TIW card.
You don't have to tell them ahead of time at all. They can bring the bill, then you give TIW card and your payment method.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #18
mmtravel
Mouseketeer

We've done regular and deluxe dining as well as TIW. We like appetizers and alcoholic beverages and don't always order dessert, so TIW is a much better deal for us especially now that my son is an "adult" (at 10 years old). Waiting on a (slow) fast food line on vacation is not my idea of good times, so it works out well for us. We grab breakfast at QS at a resort or park, then make reservations for lunch/dinner - just eat lighter at lunch.

We have not seen any difference in service when using TIW vs. other discounts or no discount at all. There are good servers and bad servers everywhere - it's just luck of the draw.

My only gripe is that paying the bill with TIW can take longer and use up valuable park time while the server finds a manager to run it through. We also sometimes use it for cocktails at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Kidani and the poor bartender has to find a manager to come down to run it.

Again, as others have advised, figure out what your eating preferences might be and you can easily run numbers on your own savings.
mmtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies, we are looking forward to trying a few new eateries this next trip who are not on the DDP.

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #20
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

There is a new policy in place for the TIW card. Managers no longer have to approve the discount. Now the card is swiped by the server. This will cut down on the time to get your discounted check.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
After using TIW the last couple of years, we finally stopped telling the wait staff that we had a TIW until our meal was over. We starting feeling like the waiters knew they were getting a set gratuity, so they didn't need to impress us.
This happened to us on our Feb 2012 trip. I had the worst experience ever at Crystal Palace. After that I stopped telling we had TiW until the end. The service went up tremendously after that.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
davinakb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2
There is a new policy in place for the TIW card. Managers no longer have to approve the discount. Now the card is swiped by the server. This will cut down on the time to get your discounted check.
Thanks for that info. Not sure when we'll be back or getting a card but FWIW the TiW is a better deal for our signature dining, valet parking, wine drinking group. Been ok on service for most part, but the faster swipe is good.
davinakb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: