Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Chante c'est Noel - highs and lows 31/11 to 06/12

I couldn’t log in this morning – it kept telling me my password was invalid for some reason but I have enjoyed reading highs and lows from others who went around the same time as us – we got back last night. Here are the traditional highs and lows…

Highs:

Loved the decorations, especially the Mickey wreaths (I’m going to try and make my own ) and swags across Main Street.

The tree lighting ceremony and snow falling.

The Christmas cavalcade was great and such a bonus having several times a day to catch it. There always seemed to be somewhere with a good viewpoint to watch from even if one time I lined myself up for the perfect photo shoot straight down Main Street to the tree and the parade came from the other direction!

Meeting some lovely CMs and guests.

Seeing BBWWS for the first time. DS has pestered for this ever since they put Mickey and Minnie on the posters but I was afraid the loud bangs would scare him. This time we decided we would just have to see and if he didn’t like it I would take him out and DH and DD could stay. In the event he was a bit timid at times, clinging on to me but not panicking or trying to escape (like he was when we took him to see Beauty and the Beast in the theatre last year!) and there was far less shooting than I had anticipated. I’m not really a fan of eating while I’m watching, I prefer to concentrate on one or the other but it was OK. I think we vegetarians actually got the better deal with a veggie bean chilli for starter and then filled pasta, potatoes and lots of mixed veg for main. I noticed the meat eaters got plenty of meat plus the potatoes but no veg at all. DS hardly ate a thing as he was transfixed by the show, I just managed to slip a few mouthfuls of the pasta down him. He kept his hat on the whole time too. It was a bit dusty and I couldn’t talk properly for about an hour afterwards but the others seemed fine. I loved watching the horses – DS and I go riding every week – and the buffalos were sweet when they came in and all started rolling in the shavings. I know people say Mickey and Minnie don’t add anything to it but they did for DS. All in all it was a success and DS keeps saying “again” every time we pass the entrance or a poster for it.

Some lovely characters. Nobody new but nice to see the Christmas outfits.

The Sequoia Lodge was great and we had a room with an even better view this time as we were on the sixth floor. On Sunday night when DS was very tired and had gone to bed early DH and I watched Dreams from our window. The bar area was just beautiful with the trees and log fire. CMs were very friendly too.

Weather wasn’t bad, Sunday was beautiful and sunny if cold and overall we had very little rain. We were well prepared with lots of layers and Goretex so never felt uncomfortable.

Not so much lows but slight disappointments:

I didn’t get to see the Wreck it Ralph showing we had booked through our Dream passes for Sunday evening. DS was so tired he just wanted to go to bed by then. DH would have stayed with him so I could go but as DD was not with us that evening and I didn’t fancy going on my own I left it. The irony is that every time we went in the lift in the hotel afterwards which had posters for the film in it, DS would point at it and say “me please”.

My biggest disappointment was that Belle, lovely as she was, was not in her Villager outfit as I had been hoping to see that.

I was slightly disappointed with Sally and Jack too – not in themselves, Jack especially was super and recognised DS from our Halloween trip but I had expected some kind of Christmas outfits for them. My mistake really.

As princessjodiebo said, we couldn’t find Donald. It wasn’t a big thing though as there were plenty of other favourites around.

I missed the snow by one day!!!

Not sure how to categorize this:

We stayed at the Adagio in Val d’Europe for the first two nights. We had already booked the Sequoia Lodge on the buy two nights get two free offer so when we saw a good offer on the Adagio we decided to add on a couple more days to the holiday and check it out. There were pros and cons to this. The hotel was fine really with pleasant staff, in fact we had booked a room for three but when he saw DS was disabled the man on reception said that the room would not be big enough and gave us a free upgrade to a room for four, advising us to book that next time. The room was a bit tired with scruffy paintwork and carpet but very clean where it most mattered in the kitchen area and bathroom. The cooking facilities were quite good and we cooked a proper meal for ourselves on our first evening. We didn’t go into the park at all on our arrival day but did some shopping in VdE instead. The second and final evening we ate in a very conveniently located creperie just across from the hotel. So we had nothing to complain about and it was very cheap (free WiFi too) but it just wasn’t Disney and it didn’t really feel that we had started our holiday until we checked in to the SL. Somehow I feel like an outsider when staying off-site.

And DLPDreams, if only we had had internet at the SL I would have noticed and got you another nautical suit for your Duffy. Hope you get it sorted.

Carrie, last night we watched Dreams from what I think of as "your" bush outside the Adventureland entrance which was great except every time the fountains went up... they came down... on us!!! There was a small group of us there laughing and getting showered!

Last edited by cherrymarzipan; 12-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Sounds like a great trip We are staying at the HNY this time, but I do love Sequioa Lodge as well, especially at Christmas.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Welcome back!

Glad you had a good time

We loved Mickey and Minnie at BBWWS, although they're not a huge part of it, it's similar to disney on ice where they come and go which I was expecting, but Chloe just loved seeing them there and their costumes.

That's a shame about Donald, we only saw him by chance and managed to meet him then. Atleast there were plenty of others for you.

I've got something I wanted to show you, along with a HUGE thank you (for the 1000000th time ) I have a very happy little girl today! It came really early, I didn't think they delivered that early in the morning, glad we were awake!

A dream is a wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, what a wonderful happy face! It brought a tear to my eyes and I'm so pleased the two are reunited. Thank you very much for the photos, as I said, it was no trouble at all for us and with all the kindnesses we have received with our son it was lovely to be on the givinng end this time, That hug says it all! Merry Christmas to you both.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas to all of you too!
A dream is a wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, really pleased you enjoyed your trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: