Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

Disney Booking site (ANGRY!!!!!!)

Every time (last year and this year, yesterday and today) I cannot just log in!!! I have to get a password emailed to me, put that in, then TRY to go to "update records" then all this does is give me an error code after I fill it out (says something like I forgot a field) but I have done this process multiple times, same outcome.... If I had hair on my head it would be pulled out!!!!!!!!!!
We booked last night (had to get a password emailed) (would not let me do an update) and this morning no, I said NO NO NO NO password I have worked.... Emailed Disney, I dont have any hope that this will be resolved... VERY FRUSTRATING
TheHannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Are you trying to use a different email address as your login name? I had problems with that which cause password/log in trouble.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011
Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean May 2013
Sapphire Princess California Coastal January 2014
MAJPLO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHannas View Post
Every time (last year and this year, yesterday and today) I cannot just log in!!! I have to get a password emailed to me, put that in, then TRY to go to "update records" then all this does is give me an error code after I fill it out (says something like I forgot a field) but I have done this process multiple times, same outcome.... If I had hair on my head it would be pulled out!!!!!!!!!!
We booked last night (had to get a password emailed) (would not let me do an update) and this morning no, I said NO NO NO NO password I have worked.... Emailed Disney, I dont have any hope that this will be resolved... VERY FRUSTRATING
So, you can logon to the site, pull up your reservations and then you are trying to modify your cruise? If so, it has nothing to do with your password, it probably has something to do with either your computer's cache (saved memory) or DCL reservation system not able to do updates at the time.

I would try clearing your browser's cache first. If that doesn't work it is the DCL website having issues with their reservation system.

Another thing you can try is another browser. Not sure if you use Windows Explorer, Mac Safari or Google Chrome. If you are using either of the first two, you can try Google Chrome.. Just a thought.

HTH
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Night Owl
Earning My Ears

If you haven't already I would try using a different browser. Sometimes browsers can get quirky, especially if you just did a recent update.
Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

I can only log in after I received a new password.. I'm using the same email I used last year and different computer also. I don't get it. All I know is I logged on yesterday using THEIR provided temp password and my email info, tried to change and or update my info, was denied so I just booked our cruise and this morning tried to log in again with their password and the one I tried to update with and had no luck. So discouraged I got off the site because I did not want to request another password

Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
I can only log in after I received a new password.. I'm using the same email I used last year and different computer also. I don't get it. All I know is I logged on yesterday using THEIR provided temp password and my email info, tried to change and or update my info, was denied so I just booked our cruise and this morning tried to log in again with their password and the one I tried to update with and had no luck. So discouraged I got off the site because I did not want to request another password
You have to call them....I had the same problems multiple times. The DCL password is also the same password for any other Disney site you use (disneystore.com, Disneyparks, etc.). There was something off in my profile. Anyway, when I called they have you go through some steps and then I have had no problems. Definitely call and have them walk you through it.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe there's a technical support # in the contact section of the wd website. I had a similar problem once and it turned out that I had a couple of user names tied to my e-mail account and the tech guy was able to fixed it within seconds. I've never had another problem.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

I have had similar problems in the past and it is frustrating. I had to call them to get it straightened out. They had a space in my last name in one profile and no space in the name in another profile. This caused a lot of problems, until I called them and they fixed it. Since them, I have had no problems logging it to the regular site or Castaway Club site. I believe there is an option for problems with the website when you call the main number.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #9
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger

I have always had an issue also. It always tells me I'm using the wrong CC number even though I'm using the one they emailed me

I don't have a cruised booked--yet--but once I do I'll call them if it's still an issue.

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California: July 2012
DL Paris: June 2014
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

I recently logged it and attempted to update my profile. I changed my password and entered my info asked about my children and possible next cruise. I got a red error code over and over again. The next time I tried to access my account, it said my password was invalid, so I tried the new one that had been rejected with an error, and sure enough it worked. So it saved my new password, but it did not save any of the extra info I added to my profile.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

Quote:
Sorry to read about your computer issues, and also sorry I can't help ya out.....BUT, I just wanted to chime in and say that I loved visiting Gonzales during your Jambalaya festival!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

Yeah that's a big deal down hear every year!! So much good food to be had.. Gotta love Louisiana!!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sorry you are having problems. Could it be user error? I've had no problems with the site.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
You have to call them....I had the same problems multiple times. The DCL password is also the same password for any other Disney site you use (disneystore.com, Disneyparks, etc.). There was something off in my profile. Anyway, when I called they have you go through some steps and then I have had no problems. Definitely call and have them walk you through it.

MJ
ditto! I had this same issue when I was trying access our upcoming June cruise - after not having any issues from our last May cruise. It was sooo frustrating. It turned out to be a mismatch in the spelling of my last name. One Disney site had Di space F the other had DiF (no space). Once that was corrected - no issues at all.

Strange thing is I had never had a problem until I booked a new cruise (our upcoming June cruise).

BTW - I had to call 4 different times before I found someone who was able to pinpoint and correct the issue. Good luck.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
holula
DIS Veteran

I also had this issue - my last name is hyphenated and one Disney site had it while the other didnt. A quick call to DCL fixed it.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: