Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
sgc1107
sgc1107

That makes me feel better! My DH & I are active doing the insanity program now but it's not a weight loos program just muscle building so we can do physical stuff but still in plus (1x or 2x) cloths. I will bring shorts & long sleeve to be prepared! But we've got 9 months maybe by then we'll be lookin' better!!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
dleighb
Earning My Ears

We've been back for a week and my husband still hasn't quit talking about it. He has already said that if we do another cruise to Cozumel, we are going to El Rio Secreto again.

They will offer you a walking stick. Take it. My husband and I are pretty active, and we still found it helpful in a couple spots to plant it and use it for support.

If you have any issues with motion sickness, take a Dramamine before getting on the ferry each way. DCL will offer one to you just in case when you go into the room to check in. Take two. One for the trip over and one for the return. And take the plastic baggie they offer you when you get on the ferry. We don't have issues with motion sickness and didn't have a problem, but there were definitely a few who were glad they took the plastic bags.

The CD of photos costs $70. For $100, you get the photos, two shirts, and the bottle of liquor. We looked for the liquor in the stores, but couldn't find it, but it's possible we weren't looking in the right stores. We had about an hour in Playa del Carmen before the ferry left. We're not big shoppers, so we brought a book with us and sat and read on the beach.

Do bring a change of clothes, so you can be dry after the river. We bought some Keen H20 shoes, and they let us wear those. I think they were much more comfortable than the ones they offer you. If you wear those, then you will also want a change of shoes. You do not need to bring a towel from the ship. El Rio Secreto provides you with a towel, so don't waste space in your bag for that.

If you do a search for El Rio Secreto on the internet, you will find their page. If you have any concerns about size or health limitations, I would advise you contact them as they will be able to answer your questions. We found everyone there to be very friendly. I was hoping to do X-caret on our next trip to Cozumel, but apparently, we'll be doing El Rio Secreto again. They have two paths, and my husband wants to try for the one we didn't do.

Enjoy your trip! We did.
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #18
tukkerlove
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone- sounds like a can't miss trip, guess we'll be braving the ferry & bus ride.
tukkerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

I've done this excursion 3 times in the past year; 2 times within two weeks of each other just last month. I can't recommend it enough! It's amazing!!!!!! If anyone has the opportunity to do this excursion, do it! Do it & don't think twice about it.

And do take motion sickness tablets. Even if you don't normally have any issues...the ferry can be VERY rocky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: