Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
bellaphia
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 277

Castaway Cay Member

What is it and how do you become one??
__________________


bellaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Summerl30
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 267

I think you automatically become one after your first cruise with DCL
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
lodge
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 841

It's a castaway club member... castaway cay is the island DCL visits that Disney owns.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia View Post
What is it and how do you become one??
I belive you are asking about the Castaway Club? Once you have cruised one time on a DCL ship, you are a member of the Castaway Club (automatically). 1-4 completed cruises = Silver CC member. 5-9 completed cruises = Gold CC member. 10 completed cruises = Platinum CC member.

On subsequent cruises CC members receive in-room gifts. Each level has its own perks, including earlier booking windows, different in-room gifts, and adult dining options.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
bellaphia
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
It's a castaway club member... castaway cay is the island DCL visits that Disney owns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I belive you are asking about the Castaway Club? Once you have cruised one time on a DCL ship, you are a member of the Castaway Club (automatically). 1-4 completed cruises = Silver CC member. 5-9 completed cruises = Gold CC member. 10 completed cruises = Platinum CC member.

On subsequent cruises CC members receive in-room gifts. Each level has its own perks, including earlier booking windows, different in-room gifts, and adult dining options.

oops..yes thanks..obviously didn't know anything about it even it's name
thank you for the info!
__________________


bellaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
bellaphia
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 277

I heard the club members get "gifts" on their next cruise as well as lanyards..does anyone know if DVC members receive anything? I would like to purchase the lanyards for me and my kids prior but dont want to if we will be getting them anyway..
thanks
__________________


bellaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
sara mom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia
I heard the club members get "gifts" on their next cruise as well as lanyards..does anyone know if DVC members receive anything? I would like to purchase the lanyards for me and my kids prior but dont want to if we will be getting them anyway..
thanks
You get a dvc lanyard on day 2 if I remember correctly. They came in a cardboard Mickey box.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.