Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Sandals Bahamas

We will be on an adult only cruise on the Dream in February. Has anyone been to Sandals Resort. How did you like it ?
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
LadyFan55
Mouse-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
We will be on an adult only cruise on the Dream in February. Has anyone been to Sandals Resort. How did you like it ?
Hi Noodles Mom, I have been trying to find out the same thing for our Cruise coming up 2/17. When are you going? or Have you been yet and did you do the Sandals Day Pass?

Thanks!
Amber
Teen-DS
Teen-DS
LadyFan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

My coworker and wife went on their honeymoon for a week. Lets just say they checked out and left after 2 nights. They have free booze flowing 24/7 which really encourages drunkness. It is great for those that want to relive the college fraternity expierence, but if you are looking for a relaxing vacation you might consider looking else where. Just look at their website and there are plenty of pictures of young adults partying and drinking it up.
MillauFr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
My coworker and wife went on their honeymoon for a week. Lets just say they checked out and left after 2 nights. They have free booze flowing 24/7 which really encourages drunkness. It is great for those that want to relive the college fraternity expierence, but if you are looking for a relaxing vacation you might consider looking else where. Just look at their website and there are plenty of pictures of young adults partying and drinking it up.
Unless things have changed ALOT in 7 years , that is where I went on my honeymoon. I found the exact opposite. It was amazing, clean, friendly but there was NO nightlife. We were in our early twenties at the time and I remember us being in bed by 10 most nights because after spending all day relaxing we wanted to have a bit of a change up but the entertainment was just not there. There were no drunkness at all that I saw.

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom
Adult only ? Disney Dream ?
sandrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

We've been to several Sandal's and Beaches resorts. The resorts we've been too have all been great.

Like a PP, a coworker of mine and his wife got married at the Sandal's in the Bahamas and they LOVED it. Went back a year later for their anniversary and it just happened to be at the same time we were on our first Disney cruise and stopping in Nassau. We met them at the straw market. They still loved it as much as they did the first time.

The VAST majority of the time it was very quiet and tranquil. If it was loud at night, it was because there was an activity at a particular spot and it was supposed to be loud.

Never done the day pass but I'm guessing it wouldn't be a bad way to go for a shore day.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
LadyFan55
Mouse-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
This is a good point. On the other hand, if there is heavy drinking and partying at night, perhaps, since we will be there during the day we'll have the place mostly to ourselves
Teen-DS
Teen-DS
Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
LadyFan55
Mouse-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakit View Post
Adult only ? Disney Dream ?
I did a quick double take too, but I am sure what that means is they are doing the same thing we are... not bringing our kids
Teen-DS
Teen-DS
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
I have been researching this lately and it sounds like an amazing way to spend the day in Nassau. A little pricey, but for everything included, I think it would be totally worth it.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: