Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Going Home Tomorrow, Upgraded to Annual Passes

After several trips to WDW, Disney finally managed to turn us into annual passholders.

On a trip that had us wondering if someone was trying to make sure wed have a bad time, Disney went above and beyond to make our days magical. This trip we did 2 MVMCPs, a Dessert Party, Osborne Lights, New Fantasyland, Candlelight Processional, Test Track 2.0, parades, and several things we hadnt done before. Thanks to all the DIS advice, the planning worked out great despite the other challenges we encountered.

This was our first holiday WDW trip, and we usually come to WDW in the summer. We had planned a quick four nights at the Grand Floridian. For the first several days my oldest son was sick. He spent most of three days in the room. We ended up needing to call a doctor to the room for him. On top of that, there were two separate room issues we encountered. One had us having to change rooms, and the other involved very disruptive guests next door. Although I would never have considered asking for it, they unexpectedly comped both nights.

On our third day, we had MVMCP tickets. I took two of the kids to the party, while my wife stayed with my son in our room. Before the party I went to Guest Relations to see if I could switch two of the tickets to another party night. My plan was to switch two and then buy three more for the second night so all five of us could go. When I picked up the tickets on the second party night, I found out that the CM had comped our three tickets.

We didnt feel right going home after my son had almost no park time at all, so after 3 days, we decided to add four nights to our trip so everyone would still get to have some fun. The GF couldnt keep us in a theme park view room any longer so we moved over to the Contemporary for nights five through eight.

When we checked in for the second half of the trip, they offered to move our unused dining plan credits to the new reservation. We managed to get last minute reservations at Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, and 'Ohana.

At our second MVMCP, my son fell down and mildly hurt himself. A CM saw him and came over to make sure he was OK. The CM walked away and returned with a Mickey bar for each of my kids. He came back again a few minutes later with a stack of napkins. :

On a happy note, my oldest sons favorite ride is Test Track, and his being sick caused us to extend the trip. Today he got to ride the new version 3 times. He loved it even more than before.

It all reminded me why we choose to spend our vacation money at WDW. We decided to upgrade our 7-day park hoppers to annual passes. Seemed like a good deal since we would be buying at least 8 days next summer when we come back. We go home tomorrow, and while Im ready to be home, part of me doesnt want to leave yet.

Last edited by WillAustin; 12-08-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Cleanup
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Aha! You were caught by the special chemicals in the water!!!!

The major problem with Annual Passes concerns when they are in a drawer more than 100 miles from Disney World and they whine a lot and scream:

Use Me!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment

The major problem with Annual Passes concerns when they are in a drawer more than 100 miles from Disney World and they whine a lot and scream:

Use Me!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Use Me!
I'm already trying to justify quick trips if the airfare is low enough.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
RandFamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Use Me!
Yes! If I don't take mine out of the drawer four times a year, the whining gets very loud (and we're 1000 miles away!)
Old 12-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Ah, the mouse has once again lured a family with its charms Hope the flights from Austin to Orlando are reasonable. DVC is next for WillAustin
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
LMN
DIS Veteran

We're from the Austin area and just got back from WDW yesterday. I'm already scoping out pricing on a 9 day trip next June! When that magic gets hold of you, it doesn't let go! We got really cheap airfare for this trip on Southwest ($179 round trip), hope we are this lucky for our next trip! Congrats on all the magic that came your way on your trip!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Ah, the mouse has once again lured a family with its charms Hope the flights from Austin to Orlando are reasonable. DVC is next for WillAustin
If only we had gone DVC right away, we might have saved a bunch of money. If you add our trips together over the past 3 years we could have bought a lot of points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
We're from the Austin area and just got back from WDW yesterday. I'm already scoping out pricing on a 9 day trip next June! When that magic gets hold of you, it doesn't let go! We got really cheap airfare for this trip on Southwest ($179 round trip), hope we are this lucky for our next trip! Congrats on all the magic that came your way on your trip!
The main reason we just went was $99 one way on JetBlue. I hope we see that more often.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: