Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #91
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge
 
cybrkitn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,013

Got Some Good News

No, it's not a job (yet). Since I've been on MyFitnessPal.com, I've lost 14 pounds and have FINALLY gone down a size! I went from a size 16 petite down to a size 14 petite !

I went out to both Kohls and Dress Barn today to find out if I went down a size. I did. It felt SO GOOD to be able to fit back into a size 14. I haven't been that size since the early to mid 90's!

Since I can't ask DH to go with me to the mall as I try on more clothes (definitely not a guy thing), I asked my mom if she would like to go with me. It feels better having someone with you to get their opinion on how something looks on you, rather than trying to see yourself in a mirror and trying to gauge it.

I have outgrown all of my dress clothes and hardly have anything left that I fit into. Since I'm now trying to get back into the work force, I'm going to need some new clothes!
__________________
"Do you know where we are...Don't spill my secret"

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #92
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
No, it's not a job (yet). Since I've been on MyFitnessPal.com, I've lost 14 pounds and have FINALLY gone down a size! I went from a size 16 petite down to a size 14 petite !

I went out to both Kohls and Dress Barn today to find out if I went down a size. I did. It felt SO GOOD to be able to fit back into a size 14. I haven't been that size since the early to mid 90's!

Since I can't ask DH to go with me to the mall as I try on more clothes (definitely not a guy thing), I asked my mom if she would like to go with me. It feels better having someone with you to get their opinion on how something looks on you, rather than trying to see yourself in a mirror and trying to gauge it.

I have outgrown all of my dress clothes and hardly have anything left that I fit into. Since I'm now trying to get back into the work force, I'm going to need some new clothes!
Great Job!!! 14 lbs is awesome and a lot of work! :
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #93
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?
 
beatlesblonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,601

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much, I don't come onto the DIS as much unless I'm close to a trip...too depressing otherwise Have been entering the Disney Time Sweeps every day, if we win we're gonna go to Disneyland. Right now the only real trip planned is our anniversary in December. But DH is planning something big for my birthday next month (I'm turning 30 ) and has been getting mysterious phone calls and emails and we bought APs last month with the plan of going at least once before our anniversary I guess we'll find out next month!
__________________

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #94
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I'm heading back into the work force after being a SAHM for 3 years. Well, not officially, but I have started looking. I had an interview with an employment agency this afternoon. It went very well. The person who interviewed me remembered me from one of my previous jobs where I was a receptionist (I was not a temp back then). She's going to help me find a job in the receptionist/administrative assistant field.

One thing she told me was not to downplay my skills. I have felt that I didn't have enough experience and skills to apply for administrative assistant jobs. She told me that based on my resume, I do have it and can apply for those jobs. That was an eye opener for me. I guess I never saw myself as having the necessary skills for that position before.

So, I'm now signed up with an employment agency to help me get back into the work force. I'm also going to keep looking on other websites (ex. Careerbuilder and Indeed) for jobs as well. Wish me luck!
Great news...and good luck with the process!
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #95
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

*trumpet fanfare*

I am FINALLY HERE!!!! Sorry guys, I still love ya - what with Christmas, DD being off school and just the need to step away from Disney for a while (considering I spent literally the whole of 2012 engulfed in it lol) I am now ready to get back to my December Roll-call buddies we have a lot to discuss!

My trip report will be in this thread only, broken down into sections but first, I need to catch up!!! At least there is only 7 pages here
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #96
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post

3 weeks before leaving for Disney, we found out we were pregnant with #2!
Congrats hun - hope the morning sickness eases off. Ginger worked great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I find this pic to be hilarious... Maybe my daughter didn't approve of her lack of clothing??
OMG, coffee actually went up my nose TOO FUNNY!!! You have to send that to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
That totally works. I am completely fine with that. Someone pick a theme!
Can I still put my own TR here - it will be broken down and a basic overview of each part of the vacay: resort, food, pixie dust ... nothing overly complicated. I just don't want to go out into the big wide world on my own and have my very own TR ... thats something a grown up would do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Yeah! I'm here....
Gutted we didn't bump into each other!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Wish me luck!
Good luck hun, sending positive vibes your way
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #97
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
*trumpet fanfare*

I am FINALLY HERE!!!! Sorry guys, I still love ya - what with Christmas, DD being off school and just the need to step away from Disney for a while (considering I spent literally the whole of 2012 engulfed in it lol) I am now ready to get back to my December Roll-call buddies we have a lot to discuss!

My trip report will be in this thread only, broken down into sections but first, I need to catch up!!! At least there is only 7 pages here
Yay you're back again
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #98
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Yay you're back again
Hey you!

Yep, trying to get back into some sort of routine .... and its not happening
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #99
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran
 
Maddie's Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 534

Hi - glad you're back. I'm having the same problem - getting back into the groove. I will be working on my TR shortly (I hope). I wore my LGMH everywhere and didn't see anyone else wearing one. Too many people, I guess. We had a great time and when I get my act together (hopefully) I will post my TR. Hope everyone had a great time and I'm looking forward to reading other TRs.
__________________
Maddie's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #100
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Hey you!

Yep, trying to get back into some sort of routine .... and its not happening
Ummm you in a routine? I just can't see it

So I got one of these in the mail yesterday.
It made me happy. Currently my car is too salt/snow/ice covered to put it on though....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #101
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Can I still put my own TR here - it will be broken down and a basic overview of each part of the vacay: resort, food, pixie dust ... nothing overly complicated. I just don't want to go out into the big wide world on my own and have my very own TR ... thats something a grown up would do!
I am thinking to do the same thing - share mini reports here of various parts of our trip. I can share with y'all, but not with the whole entire DIS!!
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #102
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Ummm you in a routine? I just can't see it

So I got one of these in the mail yesterday.
It made me happy. Currently my car is too salt/snow/ice covered to put it on though....
That is a really cool sticker!! Green with envy
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #103
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ummm you in a routine? I just can't see it

So I got one of these in the mail yesterday.
It made me happy. Currently my car is too salt/snow/ice covered to put it on though....
How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
I am thinking to do the same thing - share mini reports here of various parts of our trip. I can share with y'all, but not with the whole entire DIS!!
Totally hear ya!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #104
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Sooooooooo ......

DH gets a mailing from Disney. I don't get why. He doesn't have an account on the Disney site, doesn't price out vacation, doesn't make calls. All he does is turn up for the vacay and enjoy it .... which is just how I like it.

I open the mailing and the jammy so-and-so has recieved a PIN: 35% off room which is good for various dates throughout 2013 right up to late September OR Free Dining for arrivals in Feb or Mar.

Can't use it though

Last edited by WedgieSock; 01-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #105
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

That is a really cool sticker!! Green with envy
Best part is- well 2 best parts- it was free and it's a magnet!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.