Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #76
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Yeah! I'm here....

congrats on the pregnancy!

I like any theme. I'm starting to put together my trip report. I took about 2000 pictures too, add to that 400 photopass photos (but many of those are dups with borders vs no borders)........

I'm off to read the last couple of pages then I'm caught up
Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #77
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

We finally made it home a few hours ago, so our trip is officially 100% over! Oh well, it was a good trip. Of course, now that I no longer have to drive long distances, I'm starting to feel better! I'll start uploading pictures to photobucket tomorrow and continue my TR.
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #78
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
SURVEY!

So what do we want to do with this thread (aside from chatting/sharing)?

Ideas:
Photo 'Contests'
Theme Photo Days- food, artsy/fartsy, funny etc..
Reviews
Feature Dis'er (ie. like Roll Caller of the Day)

I have a couple of posts on page #1 reserved, so the sky is the limit!
Umm......I love ALL of those ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Why don't we take a page out of Disney's playbook and have specifically themed weeks. 1 week will be food pics. Another week, funny stories. Another week, sappy stories. Another week, "Add-a-caption" for certain submitted pics. Etc...

Just my opinion.
That's a GREAT idea! Maybe Tofu can post the week's theme in one of the reserved spots at the beginning of the thread and then we can all just post our responses for that week so Tofu isn't getting 500 PMs every week with stuff to add to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Does anyone play Epic Mickey 2 here?
I got Epic Mickey 2 for Christmas, but things have been so NUTZ I haven't had a chance to play it yet. LOVED the first one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I'm starting to put together my trip report. I took about 2000 pictures too, add to that 400 photopass photos (but many of those are dups with borders vs no borders)........
This is pretty much where I'm at too. It's sorting through all the photos and getting all the photos and videos off the iPhones, camera and camcorder that's holding up my trip report process. I basically spent all of our Christmas break after the holiday feeling sorry for myself because our trip was over, and looking at all the photos right then was just too depressing, so none of that got done while I was off work and actually had the time to tackle that project.
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post

That's a GREAT idea! Maybe Tofu can post the week's theme in one of the reserved spots at the beginning of the thread and then we can all just post our responses for that week so Tofu isn't getting 500 PMs every week with stuff to add to the forum.

This!! Great idea.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #80
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1

Umm......I love ALL of those ideas

I got Epic Mickey 2 for Christmas, but things have been so NUTZ I haven't had a chance to play it yet. LOVED the first one though!
Yes we need a theme!

Yeah we enjoyed 1 and haven't played 2 yet much either. It was a Xmas present for my DH we need some winter entertainment besides Netflix...
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #81
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been MIA! The holidays were insanity. I started my TR!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post47120614
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #82
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I find this pic to be hilarious... Maybe my daughter didn't approve of her lack of clothing??

Apparently she got over it
Bah hah hah! That's hilarious!!!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #83
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

I needed a 5 minute sanity break from work so came here

So should I enter this picture into the "what went wrong with PP" contest or the "caption it" contest?

...I will contact PP, just haven't gotten to it yet

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #84
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

HAHA! Stitch was missing from ours, but they found him for us.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #85
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

I'm heading back into the work force after being a SAHM for 3 years. Well, not officially, but I have started looking. I had an interview with an employment agency this afternoon. It went very well. The person who interviewed me remembered me from one of my previous jobs where I was a receptionist (I was not a temp back then). She's going to help me find a job in the receptionist/administrative assistant field.

One thing she told me was not to downplay my skills. I have felt that I didn't have enough experience and skills to apply for administrative assistant jobs. She told me that based on my resume, I do have it and can apply for those jobs. That was an eye opener for me. I guess I never saw myself as having the necessary skills for that position before.

So, I'm now signed up with an employment agency to help me get back into the work force. I'm also going to keep looking on other websites (ex. Careerbuilder and Indeed) for jobs as well. Wish me luck!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #86
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
I'm heading back into the work force after being a SAHM for 3 years. Well, not officially, but I have started looking. I had an interview with an employment agency this afternoon. It went very well. The person who interviewed me remembered me from one of my previous jobs where I was a receptionist (I was not a temp back then). She's going to help me find a job in the receptionist/administrative assistant field.

One thing she told me was not to downplay my skills. I have felt that I didn't have enough experience and skills to apply for administrative assistant jobs. She told me that based on my resume, I do have it and can apply for those jobs. That was an eye opener for me. I guess I never saw myself as having the necessary skills for that position before.

So, I'm now signed up with an employment agency to help me get back into the work force. I'm also going to keep looking on other websites (ex. Careerbuilder and Indeed) for jobs as well. Wish me luck!
Good luck!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #87
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck, Dawn

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #88
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Good luck, Dawn
Thanks Christine!

Btw, how was the rest of your vacation?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #89
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Christine!

Btw, how was the rest of your vacation?
It was great, just over way too fast!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #90
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
It was great, just over way too fast!
So was ours I wasn't looking forward to coming back. When we did, it was raining and a bit cold.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: