Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #61
BDL
DIS Veteran
 
BDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
SURVEY!

So what do we want to do with this thread (aside from chatting/sharing?)

Ideas:
Photo 'Contests'
Theme Photo Days- food, arty/fartsy, funny etc..
Reviews
Feature Dis'er (ie. like Roll Caller of the Day)

I have a couple of posts on page #1 reserved, so the sky is the limit!
Why don't we take a page out of Disney's playbook and have specifically themed weeks. 1 week will be food pics. Another week, funny stories. Another week, sappy stories. Another week, "Add-a-caption" for certain submitted pics. Etc...

Just my opinion.
__________________
Home for Christmas. POR December 10-17th PTR



BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #62
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran
 
1stvisit0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Why don't we take a page out of Disney's playbook and have specifically themed weeks. 1 week will be food pics. Another week, funny stories. Another week, sappy stories. Another week, "Add-a-caption" for certain submitted pics. Etc...

Just my opinion.
Ohhhh that could go on for awhile!
__________________
Cast of Characters:ME, Val: 37 (planner extraordinaire) DH 39 DD13 DD9


Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #63
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Why don't we take a page out of Disney's playbook and have specifically themed weeks. 1 week will be food pics. Another week, funny stories. Another week, sappy stories. Another week, "Add-a-caption" for certain submitted pics. Etc...

Just my opinion.
If we will do it from Disney's playbook, it would be a theme for a year that then gets extended until beaten to death.

I keed I keed!!

Yes, I do like that idea a LOT!!

How about you pick the first theme!!?! Then people can PM me the pictures that fit (or stories/reviews) etc.
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl
Hi everyone!

I haven't had a chance to start on my trip report yet, but I hope I will soon. I didn't take notes in my journal like I did last year, so hopefully I can remember some stuff!

Does anyone else want to go back right this second?
Yep I didn't take notes not did I take enough pics!!

And yes. I want to go back now!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

If we will do it from Disney's playbook, it would be a theme for a year that then gets extended until beaten to death.

I keed I keed!!

Yes, I do like that idea a LOT!!

How about you pick the first theme!!?! Then people can PM me the pictures that fit (or stories/reviews) etc.
Could we also just post the pictures? Like if you said this weeks theme is ________ - and we post away? It takes a little off your plate
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #66
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,415

The games, pics, etc sound like fun :-)

I wasn't planning to do my own trip report thread, just sharing stuff here. I'm looking forward to more charting with all the great folks from Dec!
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #67
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Does anyone play Epic Mickey 2 here?
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #68
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran
 
Shir Kahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,038

Had some big time worry today! We leave tomorrow, 2100 miles to drive home and this morning I woke up with a cough and a sore chest! My wife does very little driving and would have been terrified to have to drive so far by herself, but fortunately I seem to have pulled through it. . Here's hoping that I feel good when I wake up in 7 hours!
__________________
Shir Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #69
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Could we also just post the pictures? Like if you said this weeks theme is ________ - and we post away? It takes a little off your plate
That totally works. I am completely fine with that. Someone pick a theme!
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #70
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran
 
Shir Kahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,038

Well, I woke up feeling kind of bleh, but I think I'll be ok. We checked out early and headed to DHS for a few last rides. We got fastpasses for TSM to give away and then walked into the new Pirate walkthrough where Narnia used to be. We both really liked it! DW is currently drawing at the animator place while I'm waiting by the exit doors. After this we'll be heading to DTD to use up our last 3 quick service credits at Earl of Sandwich and then we're off! I hope to get at least 12-13 hours of driving in today.
__________________
Shir Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #71
BDL
DIS Veteran
 
BDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
Well, I woke up feeling kind of bleh, but I think I'll be ok. We checked out early and headed to DHS for a few last rides. We got fastpasses for TSM to give away and then walked into the new Pirate walkthrough where Narnia used to be. We both really liked it! DW is currently drawing at the animator place while I'm waiting by the exit doors. After this we'll be heading to DTD to use up our last 3 quick service credits at Earl of Sandwich and then we're off! I hope to get at least 12-13 hours of driving in today.
Good luck. Have fun. And drive safe.

Can you give any more details about the pirate walk through?
__________________
Home for Christmas. POR December 10-17th PTR



BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #72
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran
 
Shir Kahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Good luck. Have fun. And drive safe.

Can you give any more details about the pirate walk through?
Sure, you walk into a room where a floating skeleton head asks you if you want to join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew. You then enter the main room that comes alive with skeletons, the Flying Dutchman and quite a bit of Captain Jack talking to you. It's very funny, some parts are very much for kids but anyone of any age will enjoy it. Very technologically up-to-date! Lots of eye candy.

We didn't end up leaving WDW until 12:40, I drove the whole way and we've stopped in Chatanooga for the night. I really like to do the drive in two days but the way I'm feeling, there's just no way. We're going to do another 800 or so miles tomorrow and the last 700 miles on Sunday. Hopefully a long sleep will do me some good. Once I get home I'll be uploading my 1200 pictures to photo bucket and I'll continue my TR which I'll then link at that time.

Good night all!
__________________
Shir Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #73
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran
 
1stvisit0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
Sure, you walk into a room where a floating skeleton head asks you if you want to join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew. You then enter the main room that comes alive with skeletons, the Flying Dutchman and quite a bit of Captain Jack talking to you. It's very funny, some parts are very much for kids but anyone of any age will enjoy it. Very technologically up-to-date! Lots of eye candy.

We didn't end up leaving WDW until 12:40, I drove the whole way and we've stopped in Chatanooga for the night. I really like to do the drive in two days but the way I'm feeling, there's just no way. We're going to do another 800 or so miles tomorrow and the last 700 miles on Sunday. Hopefully a long sleep will do me some good. Once I get home I'll be uploading my 1200 pictures to photo bucket and I'll continue my TR which I'll then link at that time.

Good night all!
Hope you are feeling better!
__________________
Cast of Characters:ME, Val: 37 (planner extraordinaire) DH 39 DD13 DD9


Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #74
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran
 
Shir Kahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,038

We made it to Menomonie, Wisconsin, (love saying the name of that town, reminds me of a Muppets skit. ) so now we're only about 550 miles from home. My cough hasn't really improved except that it's less frequent. Still feels horrible when it does happen. But at least I don't really feel sick or fatigued! Can't wait to see our two dogs tomorrow! Their names are Disney and Ella. (short for Cinderella, or Cruella if she's being bad. )
__________________
Shir Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #75
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,312

We had an amazing trip! I am still uploading all the pics and slowly sorting them. I am going to be doing a TR as well as a DR. Cant wait to share all the details
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.