Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Hey all! WE are back and I started my TR You can find it here
I have to sort thru tons of photos and upload and stuff, but I should be rockin' and rolln' soon!

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Can you add mine too? The link is in my signature. We were in Florida 12/6-12/18, and at WDW from 12/11-12/18, staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #33
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Well, I was trying to do a live trip report, but my iPad for some reason isn't playing nice with the Disney wifi. So I guess i'll be finishing mine when we get home in six days. The vacation is going great so far!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #34
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn
Well, I was trying to do a live trip report, but my iPad for some reason isn't playing nice with the Disney wifi. So I guess i'll be finishing mine when we get home in six days. The vacation is going great so far!
Glad you're having a great time

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Disney9.9.10 - the CSR tree was gorgeous!! I love that resort. Thanks for sharing!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #36
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Hi guys! Posting mainly so I can subscribe read all of your TRs, but in my signature is the link to my PTR, which is wordy and you should skip, but it has the first 5 days (so far) of my TR so far, which is much more picture heavy starting on page 6!

So stick to page six if you want to see a lot of pictures of some kind of unique experiences ... we did Gatorland, an airboat ride with Spirit of the Swamp, and an IllumiNations cruise. Also some great room pix that will make you want to stay at Bay Lake Tower.

Will add the Photopass pictures eventually. DS and I took a few at Epcot that ended up being absolutely stunning.

Sill recovering from New Year's ... my brother's girlfriend is a bartender, and we had $300+ worth of fireworks plus a bunch leftover from 4th of July, so you can imagine what kind of night that was.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #37
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

I finally finished mine yesterday, link is in my siggy. It's 7 posts on my blog but they're mostly pictures so you can probably read it all fairly quickly. Now I only have to wait 11 months to do another one!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Subscribing so we can still talk once the other one closes. I'd like to add photos from our PhotoPass as well. I just ordered it so it will take 7-14 days before it arrives. I have a Snapfish account so I don't know if I can use that to post pics or not.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #39
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
Subscribing so we can still talk once the other one closes. I'd like to add photos from our PhotoPass as well. I just ordered it so it will take 7-14 days before it arrives. I have a Snapfish account so I don't know if I can use that to post pics or not.
I just ordered mine too!

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

I've been really MIA since we got back on December 8th. SORRY!!!

but we had a great time. It was interesting as a family of 3 because it was our last trip as a family of 3!!!

3 weeks before leaving for Disney, we found out we were pregnant with #2!

So while that threw a kink in some plans, it still ended up being a great trip....and it gave me a reason to ask for a "do over" trip in 2 years!!

Honestly, it took me awhile after we got back to think about Disney again. I started getting morning sickness while there and I have it pretty severe (I did with my DS), so it took awhile to dissociate Disney from sickness, which made me sad. Now, that we're further away from the trip and I'm spending a lot of time resting, I'm making more DIS time. I don't think I'll do a full TR, but I'll post some pictures on here

So, that's my explanation for being gone! But I'm back!!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW Offsite/ December 2009: WDW Offsite/ December 2011: POR
December 2012: POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW/Disney Dream (3 Day Bahamian)
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #41
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3

but we had a great time. It was interesting as a family of 3 because it was our last trip as a family of 3!!!

So while that threw a kink in some plans, it still ended up being a great trip....and it gave me a reason to ask for a "do over" trip in 2 years!!

Honestly, it took me awhile after we got back to think about Disney again. I started getting morning sickness while there and I have it pretty severe (I did with my DS), so it took awhile to dissociate Disney from sickness, which made me sad. Now, that we're further away from the trip and I'm spending a lot of time resting, I'm making more DIS time. I don't think I'll do a full TR, but I'll post some pictures on here

Congratulations!!!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year everyone! I'm working on my TR and hopefully can post it soon. I'm ordering my photo cd tonight so can hopefully add pictures soon!

tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Its not that cold here - although it got to 32 last night and I was whining HA! but it has not stopped raining ALL day, lots and lots of rain - bleh!

Not FOREVER

This year we have to concentrate on getting a ranch built for my parents, my Mum can't really do any form of stairs now so that is No.1 on the agenda.

Sooooo, although it pains us, no trip this year. We have decided on 2014 BUT BUT BUT to make up for it, we're going for 12 days

Seriously, thats how I like it. I am so much more productive under pressure ... don't give me time cuz I will do absolutely nothing with it
Yup and it's going to be -15 tonight. I think winter has got my DH finally on the ball about moving south. We are so done with winter, it's too much and too long. Plus if we live in NC we have family and we are closer to the world! Take those airlines savings to the bank (and buy more points???)

That's a good thing to be doing The pay off, almost 2 weeks in Disney, helping those you care about and good karma! :

I do amazingly well under pressure - as long as I can be the leader or in control. I have terrible anxiety but can plow through things just to get past it. However sometimes, my anxiety gets the best of me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
This is so cute Sarah!!!!!!! I couldnt view it on my ipad and I finally got on the laptop today. I think my favorites are the fireworks/parade collage and the ride photos. And DD with Cinderella.
I really need to talk DH into PP for our next trip. We have exactly 3 pictures of the two of us together. And they were taken by one of us with our arm outstretched, so you can imagine how good they are. Lol. Oh wait, I forgot I took redneck photos of our Buzz ride photos. And of the SSE story at the end. So there are a few more of us.
I really love photopass, while some of the photographers are meh, some are very good at capturing the right moment. And for me, I get to be in some of the pictures and most importantly I get to enjoy the moments as they unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Group TR Thread

So it's January. Sigh.

I am not trying to kill this thread, but would love if we could move on over to the Trip Report thread. That way we can make it more active, start doing some phone photo contests etc.

I am in that post Disney funk, and need some fun ways to keep the memories alive!! So if we could move on over to there, that would ROCK.

Again, the link is in post #2. But here it is as well. GROUP TR!
Fine Fine... I will post here, but the other one is just so comfortable... My photobook shipped today, can I invite everyone over for coffee and cinnamon rolls? I want to show everyone, you can't see all the pictures well in the link i shared and there is some cute ones in there!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #44
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post

YAAAAY! Congrats! :D That is wonderful news, minus the horrible morning sickness... Both my kids, literally sick until the minute I gave birth. Hopefully it lessens sooner than later but super yay!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #45
SAT887
DIS Veteran

My Funniest M&G Pic

So I find this pic to be hilarious... Maybe my daughter didn't approve of her lack of clothing??

Apparently she got over it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: