Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #211
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
I moved to a different state and started my new job this week. Really love it, but super swamped since I don't have a winter wardrobe yet, had to buy a new car, etc, etc. That's my excuse.
The good news is I'll be accumulating vacation now so I won't be missing any pay when we go to DisneyWorld in November! In theory I could have taken vacation as early as late June, but we're not summer travel people.

Chefs de France was my favorite meal, by a long shot. Cheese plate, escargot, onion soup, rotisserie chicken, creme brulee, profiteroles, oh my! We were in food heaven.

Finally ordered my Photopass a few days ago, so I should be able to post the themed pictures soon, I know which ones I want!
Excuses excuses.... That's so great to hear about your job! I'm not a summer traveler either. We take 3-4 weeks off a year and our summer vacation tends to be a staycation or like this year a beach vacation....

I enjoy French food.... And cheese.... :D We are doing an adult trip in Oct and I have no idea what to do for ADRs..... Argh!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #212
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Excuses excuses.... That's so great to hear about your job! I'm not a summer traveler either. We take 3-4 weeks off a year and our summer vacation tends to be a staycation or like this year a beach vacation....

I enjoy French food.... And cheese.... :D We are doing an adult trip in Oct and I have no idea what to do for ADRs..... Argh!
There are so many options, you can't go wrong! :-)

Taaren - congrats on starting the new job! Hopefully you're getting all settled into your new home

I just can't decide what our favorite meal was. We didn't have that many ADRs (2 dinners & 2 character breakfasts) and they were all good in different ways.

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #213
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

That's the problem!!

I enjoyed so many of our meals too- honestly almost every meal had something very good about it...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #214
BDL
DIS Veteran

Since we all have this train of thought...

If you have them, we could start putting up pics of our favorite meals/eats. We haven't done the theme pics thing in a while.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #215
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL
Since we all have this train of thought...

If you have them, we could start putting up pics of our favorite meals/eats. We haven't done the theme pics thing in a while.
Hehe I only took a pic of cakes!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #216
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Our meal at Be Our Guest

Croque Monsier: Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese with Pommes Frites

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style): eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beans jardiniere

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake: vanilla sponge cake, strawbery mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

Chocolate Cream Puff: filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #217
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=beatlesblonde;47344279]Our meal at Be Our Guest

Mmmmmm. I want to go off my diet RIGHT NOW!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #218
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I want one of those desserts!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #219
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Our plan for our next trip was Feb 2015 or 2016. DH just told me that he thinks we should go in December since we like it so much. I said, thats fine with me. Which year? He says well you dont have enough vacation time so we cant go this year, so I think we should go next year. Um...ok. I will gladly move up my Disney trip. Hmmm...I guess he does like it after all.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #220
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Our plan for our next trip was Feb 2015 or 2016. DH just told me that he thinks we should go in December since we like it so much. I said, thats fine with me. Which year? He says well you dont have enough vacation time so we cant go this year, so I think we should go next year. Um...ok. I will gladly move up my Disney trip. Hmmm...I guess he does like it after all.
THAT is awesome!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #221
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Yay!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #222
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Yaaay!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #223
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Our meal at Be Our Guest

Croque Monsier: Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese with Pommes Frites
Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style): eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beans jardiniere

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake: vanilla sponge cake, strawbery mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

Chocolate Cream Puff: filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream
Your pictures are making me hungry! Want to eat there again ... we enjoyed the steak sandwich, but now I want the Braised Pork! DH wants to go all quick service next trip to save money, he enjoyed the restaurants, but said we spent way more than he wanted to (even though I pre-planned the meal budget).
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Exactly! And thank!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #224
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

My fave meal was California Grill
Coming in 2nd Le Cellier (reviews for both will be coming up in my current dining review)

We have a trip booked for Oct for F&W and MNSSHP. DH has requested LC again for that trip.

I am also in the early planning stages of a suprise Anniversary trip for DH & I for next year -- probably late July (have to work around his schedule & doing a summer trip I can guarantee someone can stay with the kids).
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #225
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!!!

You should check out the 2014 thread. It's already starting to look a December 2012 Roll Call reunion.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: