Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #196
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hey guys! Where is everyone? I want to hear about my Dec Dis Friends trips!! I've been working on my TR. slowly but I'm on the third day!

So what was everyone's favorite meal and why?
Our meal at the Wave. We didnt have this ressie before 4 hours before we ate there. Best. Meal. Period. And best service. I wrote about it in my TR. But basically, we had early meal reservations at the Plaza, but hit the wall in MK about 2. Concierge helped us change it to something late, so we could nap. And it was awesome!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #197
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde

I finished my TR, it's on my blog (link in my siggy). I think our best meal was lunch at Be Our Guest, amazing food and theming in the Beast's castle!
We didn't have a chance to do BOG- it looked amazing though. We are going to do counter service in Oct and Table in Jan 14 with the kiddos. I'm reading your blog- I like how it is set up- very user friendly on my phone. I really like your pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909

Our meal at the Wave. We didnt have this ressie before 4 hours before we ate there. Best. Meal. Period. And best service. I wrote about it in my TR. But basically, we had early meal reservations at the Plaza, but hit the wall in MK about 2. Concierge helped us change it to something late, so we could nap. And it was awesome!
I read that We ate there in 2011 to a less than stellar experience. When the kiddos are a little older we will try again.

I had a few favorites. CRT and the Coral Reef were tied for excellent service, atmosphere. I liked the food at Coral Reef better though, but the princess interaction at CRT was great. We had a date night at the California Grill which was amazing! The food was awesome, the service excellent and Wishes (sigh)
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #198
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys! Where is everyone? I want to hear about my Dec Dis Friends trips!! I've been working on my TR. slowly but I'm on the third day!

I'm also working on my TR - verrrrry slow! My favorite meal was at Narcoosies - celebrated early 50th anniversary with DS, DDIL, DD, DSIL, DGD, and of course DH. Great meal - surf and turf, special congratulations menu, & great service.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #199
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

I'm also working on my TR - verrrrry slow! My favorite meal was at Narcoosies - celebrated early 50th anniversary with DS, DDIL, DD, DSIL, DGD, and of course DH. Great meal - surf and turf, special congratulations menu, & great service.
Have you posted any of it yet? I didn't see anything that looked like a TR started attached to your ID.... But then again this is me...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #200
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have you posted any of it yet? I didn't see anything that looked like a TR started attached to your ID.... But then again this is me...
No, not yet - still fine tuning
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #201
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Same here.

As for my favorite meals, it's a tie between Tutto Italia and Le Cellier.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #202
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My favorite meal was lunch at Sanaa. I was afraid DH would hate it, but he liked it too. We both did the slow cooked option--i had 2 kinds of chicken and DH had butter chicken and short ribs. It is on the must do list for next time. We just know to avoid the spicy naan next time. I need a smilie with its mouth on fire. . DH's favorite meal was the ribs at Yak & Yeti. That was our first TS and he talked about those ribs alllllll week.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #203
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Same here.

As for my favorite meals, it's a tie between Tutto Italia and Le Cellier.
I really want to try Le Cellier - kinda disappointed by the all day menu for $$ factor. I also want to try Tutto, but also want to try Via Napoli. I'm so torn on what I want to do for ADRs on our Oct trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

My favorite meal was lunch at Sanaa. I was afraid DH would hate it, but he liked it too. We both did the slow cooked option--i had 2 kinds of chicken and DH had butter chicken and short ribs. It is on the must do list for next time. We just know to avoid the spicy naan next time. I need a smilie with its mouth on fire. . DH's favorite meal was the ribs at Yak & Yeti. That was our first TS and he talked about those ribs alllllll week.
I loved Sanaa too the food was so my style! I am so glad you keptthat ADR! Iwant to go to Yak & Yeti as well!! I am getting hungry!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #204
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

We didn't have a chance to do BOG- it looked amazing though. We are going to do counter service in Oct and Table in Jan 14 with the kiddos. I'm reading your blog- I like how it is set up- very user friendly on my phone. I really like your pictures!

I read that We ate there in 2011 to a less than stellar experience. When the kiddos are a little older we will try again.

I had a few favorites. CRT and the Coral Reef were tied for excellent service, atmosphere. I liked the food at Coral Reef better though, but the princess interaction at CRT was great. We had a date night at the California Grill which was amazing! The food was awesome, the service excellent and Wishes (sigh)
I want to try BOG too. And Coral Reef.

The Wave is def not your avg disney fare, with the farm to table sustainable stuff. We really liked it though! Isn't it interesting how people can have such different experiences? I guess bc of volume.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #205
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909

I want to try BOG too. And Coral Reef.

The Wave is def not your avg disney fare, with the farm to table sustainable stuff. We really liked it though! Isn't it interesting how people can have such different experiences? I guess bc of volume.
It's crazy how different things can be. That's why I really won't write somewhere off unless its bad multiple times. I really enjoy farm to table type food too- kinda into the localvore type diet (during summer/spring) I'm at work and this and Debra's TR & DR is making me hungry!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #206
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

It's crazy how different things can be. That's why I really won't write somewhere off unless its bad multiple times. I really enjoy farm to table type food too- kinda into the localvore type diet (during summer/spring) I'm at work and this and Debra's TR & DR is making me hungry!
Yeah her Reports are great so far!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #207
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm working on my TR too......in my HEAD! I ran out of room in my photobucket, has that ever happened to anyone?

Oh, my favorite meal was........wow, that is hard to say! I loved different places for different reasons. Taste-wise I would have to say San Angel Inn. It's a close tie with lunch at BOG. Strangely enough, the dinner service at BOG was not nearly as good as our lunch there! For atmosphere I would say either Narcoossee or California Grill (gotta love Wishes from both of these locations)!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #208
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I'm working on my TR too......in my HEAD! I ran out of room in my photobucket, has that ever happened to anyone?

Yep. Tis why I have two accts.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #209
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

Oh, my favorite meal was........wow, that is hard to say! I loved different places for different reasons. Taste-wise I would have to say San Angel Inn. It's a close tie with lunch at BOG. Strangely enough, the dinner service at BOG was not nearly as good as our lunch there! For atmosphere I would say either Narcoossee or California Grill (gotta love Wishes from both of these locations)!
Wishes from Cali Grill was great It was well... Magical! I really want to read your TR too!! I am planning an Oct trip and need some more dining reviews to really get me undecided!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #210
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:

I moved to a different state and started my new job this week. Really love it, but super swamped since I don't have a winter wardrobe yet, had to buy a new car, etc, etc. That's my excuse.
The good news is I'll be accumulating vacation now so I won't be missing any pay when we go to DisneyWorld in November! In theory I could have taken vacation as early as late June, but we're not summer travel people.

Chefs de France was my favorite meal, by a long shot. Cheese plate, escargot, onion soup, rotisserie chicken, creme brulee, profiteroles, oh my! We were in food heaven.

Finally ordered my Photopass a few days ago, so I should be able to post the themed pictures soon, I know which ones I want!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: