Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #181
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Thanks! I'm actually stressed about it, LOL. DH isn't nearly the Disney fan I am, so it adds an extra layer of.... interest. That's why we're doing SeaWorld and Medieval Times as well! Only 2 Disney park days. I'm still oh so geeked!!!
Oh no! Well I hope he enjoys Disney World anyway. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's so hard to imagine someone not having a marvelous time there.

I've been to (non Florida) Sea World a few times and love it. A few days at Disney, that and Medieval Times sounds like a great break from winter. I hope you two enjoy every minute of it!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #182
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Oh no! Well I hope he enjoys Disney World anyway. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's so hard to imagine someone not having a marvelous time there.

I've been to (non Florida) Sea World a few times and love it. A few days at Disney, that and Medieval Times sounds like a great break from winter. I hope you two enjoy every minute of it!
I've been to Sea World San Diego, that was really cool! and when I was in HS we did Medieval Times, it was fun, at least I thought so at 16. Have fun!!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #183
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post

Thanks! I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'm trying to just relax and go with it. I believe the statement, "I'm trying to be more spontaneous. My spreadsheet is very bare..." is fairly accurate. And yes, I'm aware that having a spreadsheet at all negates spontaneity. I was laughed at soundly after that one.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #184
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
I've been to Sea World San Diego, that was really cool! and when I was in HS we did Medieval Times, it was fun, at least I thought so at 16. Have fun!!
Thanks! DH has never been, and one of our friends that lives in the area is going to go with us (he's picking us up too, which is awesome) so it should be a lot of nerdy fun!

Edit to add a response I forgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Thanks so much! I just popped over and read your TR and love it! Your mom reminds me so much of my mom... my mom is much shorter than I am and they just share that warm face... can't wait to read the rest!
Aw, thanks for reading! My mom is insanely short compared to me, LOL. And I know what you mean about that warm face. Love it.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #185
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Val! Missed you! First, when you get down to planning Vegas - I'd love to help with minutia and all things Vegas. I'm a total Vegas geek and LOVE everything about it... I've been about 18 times in the last 7 years? Anyway, that's my home and I'll give you the scoop and skinny on anything you wanna know! Heck, I'll even meet you out there and tour you around myself!

I hear you about the pictures... I'm super sad I didn't take as many as I should've especially when I got back and my photopass card was missing some and now they're all gone! I went to purchase some before they expired and I was off by a day... talk about serious sadness...
I will definitely take your help on planning Vegas! I am hoping to sneak it in sooner, maybe Nov of this year, but we'll see.

Yay for a much shorter countdown! Glad DD is happy with her birthday trip.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #186
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Thanks! I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'm trying to just relax and go with it. I believe the statement, "I'm trying to be more spontaneous. My spreadsheet is very bare..." is fairly accurate. And yes, I'm aware that having a spreadsheet at all negates spontaneity. I was laughed at soundly after that one.
That made me laugh out loud!! Put down the spreadsheet.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #187
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, so um... remember the post above a few days ago??

Well, um that's not the plan anymore...

Imagine that?!? BUUUUTTTTT, we're still going to Disney and much sooner!

So after looking at the "real" picture... Cruising in December was wonderful in thought but the reality of making it happen was another story... Cruise is leaving Thursday, Dec. 19 and that's two days before our kids get out for Christmas break. I don't think it's horrible for them to miss two days (especially the Friday because the day before holiday break is usually a wash) but given we'll have two high schoolers in all Pre-AP classes and two middle schoolers, those two days can come with a hefty price. Then there's the cost associated with the trip and it being two days before Christmas... anyway, you get the idea...

So we looked at the same cruise in August and the cost was $1200 more (same ship/itinerary). While we considered it and thought we could work it out we learned that high school volleyball tryouts are that Monday. Can't miss that...

Fast forward to last night we get an email from our bank's travel group and they're offering 40% off hotels across the country and yes, WDW had some on the list... so that kinda sealed the deal and when I asked DD what she wanted more - a return to the parks versus a cruise was the winner... by far!

So our new vacation is now June 8-12 staying at AKL and it's almost a year to the week we took our first semi-blended family trip last year when we stayed at CSR...

our countdown is now 141 days... yay!
Awesome! Let's get that ticker started, girl!

Welcome back everyone! I still haven't started my trip report yet. I need to FOCUS!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #188
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone!!!

Been out a few days, my BIL passed away suddenly Late Friday night. 5 months to the day their dad died. Ugh.

Anyway I've updated my TR 2x in the past two days.

weddings, babies, new jobs, new cars - Ive missed a lot!
I just read that in your TR. What an ordeal for your family to have to go through.....your poor MIL. Makes me sad.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #189
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I will definitely take your help on planning Vegas! I am hoping to sneak it in sooner, maybe Nov of this year, but we'll see.

Yay for a much shorter countdown! Glad DD is happy with her birthday trip.
There are so many things about Vegas that can get overwhelming but at the same time become mundane... so it's good to know what places to "hit", what's worth the cost, etc... first thing if you can is go to the hotel websites soon and get registered for their players cards. You can do it online and at the same time sign up for their promos which puts you in their "offers" book. Within a few weeks of doing this you'll start to receive room rate offers which can be really good. A great time to go and see excellent deals is the week after Thanksgiving... low crowds and less expensive.

I'm probably more excited about DD's birthday and that may be because SHE DOESN'T KNOW YET!!!

We aren't planning on telling our kids UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE we leave!! And even then, we're not saying where we're actually going... just "guys we need you to pack for a week away" type of thing... ugh, it's gonna kill me!

I'm actually stressed about that part... I hope I can make it because it's going to be so hard not to talk about it! Not to mention that puts more work on us since we'll need to ensure we bring their Disney stuff (pins, lanyards, journals) without them knowing...

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - 1st Disney Christmas Ever and Adults only
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW

Booooo for no upcoming trip ticker...
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #190
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone!!!

Been out a few days, my BIL passed away suddenly Late Friday night. 5 months to the day their dad died. Ugh.

Anyway I've updated my TR 2x in the past two days.

weddings, babies, new jobs, new cars - Ive missed a lot!
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
That made me laugh out loud!! Put down the spreadsheet.
I know, I know! It just has our flight info and confirmation numbers on it this time. And maybe park hours.

I might have one with food estimates.

Stepping away from the spreadsheet!!!!

Quote:
There are so many things about Vegas that can get overwhelming but at the same time become mundane... so it's good to know what places to "hit", what's worth the cost, etc... first thing if you can is go to the hotel websites soon and get registered for their players cards. You can do it online and at the same time sign up for their promos which puts you in their "offers" book. Within a few weeks of doing this you'll start to receive room rate offers which can be really good. A great time to go and see excellent deals is the week after Thanksgiving... low crowds and less expensive.

I'm probably more excited about DD's birthday and that may be because SHE DOESN'T KNOW YET!!!

We aren't planning on telling our kids UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE we leave!! And even then, we're not saying where we're actually going... just "guys we need you to pack for a week away" type of thing... ugh, it's gonna kill me!

I'm actually stressed about that part... I hope I can make it because it's going to be so hard not to talk about it! Not to mention that puts more work on us since we'll need to ensure we bring their Disney stuff (pins, lanyards, journals) without them knowing...
Sounds like the fun kind of challenge though! You can do it, and it will be so fun!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #191
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Hi! Well, I finally ordered my photopass CD today.

And here's my photo for this current theme...

"I am having so much fun!!!!"

Hoping to start sharing bits and pieces of our trip soon. Work has been insanely busy.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #192
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel
Hi! Well, I finally ordered my photopass CD today.

And here's my photo for this current theme...

"I am having so much fun!!!!"

Hoping to start sharing bits and pieces of our trip soon. Work has been insanely busy.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Love this pic!! Her smile is great!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #193
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

I am so behind in this thread! I just recently was able to get back on Dis as life is returning back to normal.

I have started my TR as of today, and I also started my DR a couple days ago. Links for both can be found in my siggy.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #194
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! Where is everyone? I want to hear about my Dec Dis Friends trips!! I've been working on my TR. slowly but I'm on the third day!

So what was everyone's favorite meal and why?
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #195
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hey guys! Where is everyone? I want to hear about my Dec Dis Friends trips!! I've been working on my TR. slowly but I'm on the third day!

So what was everyone's favorite meal and why?
I finished my TR, it's on my blog (link in my siggy). I think our best meal was lunch at Be Our Guest, amazing food and theming in the Beast's castle!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: