Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #166
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
So, you're not going to believe this, but I'm going back... next week. Jan 24 - 29!
How awesome! I'm ready to go back too, but I have a much longer wait. I'd say have an incredible time - but of course you will!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #167
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

I've started my trip report.

Hello fellow DecDisers!
It's sad to be back, of course, but what a wonderfun vacation we all had.

I've been back for a month so I figured I was past due for getting my Trip Report rolling. I'm a few posts in, and determined to keep it going until I've told all our stories (good and bad (but mostly good)).

You'll find it here: Everyone! Come See How Handsome I Am!
I hope you'll read it and enjoy. Please comment if you have something to say and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. This trip was so much better due to the collective wisdom, helpfulness and friendliness here. Thanks so much!

dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #168
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
cybrkitn I have to ask, where in the world did you get your Doctor in your siggy? I love Doctor Who and Tennant is my favorite
Sorry it took me a few days to answer. I started a temp assignment yesterday.

Another DISer had it and told me where I could find it. Here's the link for the Doctor Who Smilies: http://gopher65.com/images/drwho/drwhosmilies.html

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #169
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
How awesome! I'm ready to go back too, but I have a much longer wait. I'd say have an incredible time - but of course you will!
Thanks! I'm actually stressed about it, LOL. DH isn't nearly the Disney fan I am, so it adds an extra layer of.... interest. That's why we're doing SeaWorld and Medieval Times as well! Only 2 Disney park days. I'm still oh so geeked!!!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #170
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I dont know where I have been, but I'm back! . Major PDD and I swear every show I watch has a Disney commercial now. But good things are happening too. Had my official interview on Friday, still not sure when I start, but it should be in the next couple weeks. Bought a new to me car on Saturday. 2011 Kia Rio. It is cute and little and so much better than my old one.
Congrats on the pregnancy sunnysideup!! Congrats on the weight loss and getting back to work cyberkitn!! Congrats on the wedding and engagements!!

Loving the pictures!! Mine have not been looked at yet. I just told DH earlier tonight that I think I am ready to do that now. Maybe tomorrow. I was sick and didnt take as many as normal. I took a ton the first day and then after a few days, I wasnt taking any.

Someone asked if anyone else is ready to go back already. YES!!! Even DH has been talking about the next trip......in 2015. New job this year=no vacation. I think 2014 will be Vegas. DH has been dying to get out there. I guess he can pick a destination once in a while.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #171
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Hi everyone! I dont know where I have been, but I'm back! . Major PDD and I swear every show I watch has a Disney commercial now. But good things are happening too. Had my official interview on Friday, still not sure when I start, but it should be in the next couple weeks. Bought a new to me car on Saturday. 2011 Kia Rio. It is cute and little and so much better than my old one.
Congrats on the pregnancy sunnysideup!! Congrats on the weight loss and getting back to work cyberkitn!! Congrats on the wedding and engagements!!

Loving the pictures!! Mine have not been looked at yet. I just told DH earlier tonight that I think I am ready to do that now. Maybe tomorrow. I was sick and didnt take as many as normal. I took a ton the first day and then after a few days, I wasnt taking any.

Someone asked if anyone else is ready to go back already. YES!!! Even DH has been talking about the next trip......in 2015. New job this year=no vacation. I think 2014 will be Vegas. DH has been dying to get out there. I guess he can pick a destination once in a while.
Yay for the new car! Vegas sounds fun one of these days we want to go out there, but have a lot of other places we need to go first
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #172
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Good point. Plus, Saturday is going to be a non-park day, so we'll be nice and fresh for MK on Sunday! If we want to hit Epcot Monday we can, and if not, MK will already have happened!

Hi there! My understanding about crowd levels are that parks with EMH will always get a higher crowd level number by default since that's where everyone will go when the other parks close - HOWEVER this doesn't mean it's crowded at all! Believe me when I tell you that during EMH last June and even in December we were able to ride everything and anything without more than a 20 minute wait.

You're gonna love the weather and I know Jan will be a great time to visit!
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #173
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Hi there! My understanding about crowd levels are that parks with EMH will always get a higher crowd level number by default since that's where everyone will go when the other parks close - HOWEVER this doesn't mean it's crowded at all! Believe me when I tell you that during EMH last June and even in December we were able to ride everything and anything without more than a 20 minute wait.

You're gonna love the weather and I know Jan will be a great time to visit!
I hope so! DH seems to think that I'll be sad if we don't do MK on our last day; he might be on to something, LOL. Trying to play it by ear a bit and see how we feel when we get there!

I find myself trying to plot how to also get to HollyWood Studios, but I'm having a hard time justifying it just so I can ride ToT, LOL! I mean, I could add hoppers to our tickets for only $35 if I did two separate transactions...

Bah. No Dani. No. Don't drag DH all over creation, you were just there.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #174
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Dec Disers! I hope everyone had a wonderful trip.

I have lots of catching up to do. I'm just so swamped at work right now. I won't ever take 3 weeks off of work at a time again. Can't wait to read about everyone's trips. We had a blast. I haven't had a chance to look through my photos yet.

We're pondering whether to go back in Dec 13 or Dec 14. We know we want to go during Halloween, but the earliest that can happen is 2015 so we want to sneak a trip inbetween. I priced out similiar dates to our last trip and I'm scratching my head on why it seems so much more expensive. When I have time (this weekend?) I'm going to look into it more.
Welcome back! I thought about you and wondered how things went when you returned. I remember you had some major drama at work right before you left... hope all is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Hello fellow DecDisers!
It's sad to be back, of course, but what a wonderfun vacation we all had.

I've been back for a month so I figured I was past due for getting my Trip Report rolling. I'm a few posts in, and determined to keep it going until I've told all our stories (good and bad (but mostly good)).

You'll find it here: Everyone! Come See How Handsome I Am!
I hope you'll read it and enjoy. Please comment if you have something to say and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. This trip was so much better due to the collective wisdom, helpfulness and friendliness here. Thanks so much!

Welcome back! totally agree with you - I definitely feel like my trip was so much better than I could've imagined due in large part to the folks here... Can't wait to read about your adventure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

Hi Val! Missed you! First, when you get down to planning Vegas - I'd love to help with minutia and all things Vegas. I'm a total Vegas geek and LOVE everything about it... I've been about 18 times in the last 7 years? Anyway, that's my home and I'll give you the scoop and skinny on anything you wanna know! Heck, I'll even meet you out there and tour you around myself!

I hear you about the pictures... I'm super sad I didn't take as many as I should've especially when I got back and my photopass card was missing some and now they're all gone! I went to purchase some before they expired and I was off by a day... talk about serious sadness...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #175
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
many of you know we've been planning on planning (yes, just the talking phases) a 15th birthday trip to WDW for Christmas for my DD... anyway, after a lot of back and forth on cost, number of days, where to stay... we've decided to go in a completely different direction but kinda the same... so after much hemming and hawwing... (no clue on spelling) we will be celebrating DD's 15th birthday at....

the BAHAMAS via the DISNEY DREAM

Amazing, right?!?

We're leaving Dec. 19 for 3 nights/4 days and returning on the 22nd...
Ok, so um... remember the post above a few days ago??

Well, um that's not the plan anymore...

Imagine that?!? BUUUUTTTTT, we're still going to Disney and much sooner!

So after looking at the "real" picture... Cruising in December was wonderful in thought but the reality of making it happen was another story... Cruise is leaving Thursday, Dec. 19 and that's two days before our kids get out for Christmas break. I don't think it's horrible for them to miss two days (especially the Friday because the day before holiday break is usually a wash) but given we'll have two high schoolers in all Pre-AP classes and two middle schoolers, those two days can come with a hefty price. Then there's the cost associated with the trip and it being two days before Christmas... anyway, you get the idea...

So we looked at the same cruise in August and the cost was $1200 more (same ship/itinerary). While we considered it and thought we could work it out we learned that high school volleyball tryouts are that Monday. Can't miss that...

Fast forward to last night we get an email from our bank's travel group and they're offering 40% off hotels across the country and yes, WDW had some on the list... so that kinda sealed the deal and when I asked DD what she wanted more - a return to the parks versus a cruise was the winner... by far!

So our new vacation is now June 8-12 staying at AKL and it's almost a year to the week we took our first semi-blended family trip last year when we stayed at CSR...

our countdown is now 141 days... yay!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #176
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Sorry it took me a few days to answer. I started a temp assignment yesterday.

Another DISer had it and told me where I could find it. Here's the link for the Doctor Who Smilies: http://gopher65.com/images/drwho/drwhosmilies.html
Thanks!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #177
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, so um... remember the post above a few days ago??

Well, um that's not the plan anymore...

Imagine that?!? BUUUUTTTTT, we're still going to Disney and much sooner!

So after looking at the "real" picture... Cruising in December was wonderful in thought but the reality of making it happen was another story... Cruise is leaving Thursday, Dec. 19 and that's two days before our kids get out for Christmas break. I don't think it's horrible for them to miss two days (especially the Friday because the day before holiday break is usually a wash) but given we'll have two high schoolers in all Pre-AP classes and two middle schoolers, those two days can come with a hefty price. Then there's the cost associated with the trip and it being two days before Christmas... anyway, you get the idea...

So we looked at the same cruise in August and the cost was $1200 more (same ship/itinerary). While we considered it and thought we could work it out we learned that high school volleyball tryouts are that Monday. Can't miss that...

Fast forward to last night we get an email from our bank's travel group and they're offering 40% off hotels across the country and yes, WDW had some on the list... so that kinda sealed the deal and when I asked DD what she wanted more - a return to the parks versus a cruise was the winner... by far!

So our new vacation is now June 8-12 staying at AKL and it's almost a year to the week we took our first semi-blended family trip last year when we stayed at CSR...

our countdown is now 141 days... yay!
Yay!!! Congrats!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #178
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!!!

Been out a few days, my BIL passed away suddenly Late Friday night. 5 months to the day their dad died. Ugh.

Anyway I've updated my TR 2x in the past two days.

weddings, babies, new jobs, new cars - Ive missed a lot!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #179
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Yay!!! Congrats!
Thanks so much! I just popped over and read your TR and love it! Your mom reminds me so much of my mom... my mom is much shorter than I am and they just share that warm face... can't wait to read the rest!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #180
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Hey everyone!!!

Been out a few days, my BIL passed away suddenly Late Friday night. 5 months to the day their dad died. Ugh.

Anyway I've updated my TR 2x in the past two days.

weddings, babies, new jobs, new cars - Ive missed a lot!
I'm sorry for your loss...

I'm off to read

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: