Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #151
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Helllooooo..... Is anyone out there?
Good morning Sarah!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #152
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

Good morning Sarah!
I should be packing.... Going to NJ/PA tomorrow for a few days - but would rather be going somewhere warmer!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #153
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

I should be packing.... Going to NJ/PA tomorrow for a few days - but would rather be going somewhere warmer!
Warm sounds good! It's 45 and wet here right now. I would love some sunshine!! Although I shouldn't be greedy - we had high 70s this past weekend :-)

Have fun on your trip!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #154
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

Warm sounds good! It's 45 and wet here right now. I would love some sunshine!! Although I shouldn't be greedy - we had high 70s this past weekend :-)

Have fun on your trip!!
We had highs of 40 this weekend- it felt tropical!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #155
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Here's my photo for the theme of the week:

It was while DD was watching Disney Jr. on our 2nd day. She was just so in awe of seeing MMC come to life. Of all things, she was most excited about "Ohhhh Toodles!" So the look of AWE on our DD's first trip sums up our trip experience in one picture.

Loving all the pics so far. We all had some amazing trips!!

(Who wants to pick the next theme?)

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #156
geckodani
DIS Veteran

So, you're not going to believe this, but I'm going back... next week. Jan 24 - 29!

DH and I decided last minute to go to Florida, and in a panic I booked what I knew and we're staying at POFQ, LOL!

We're going to do a day at MK, a day at SeaWorld, and are going to Medieval Times for dinner one night. We *might* go to Epcot as well.

I have a question for you. My options for MK and Epcot days are Sunday and Monday, the 28th and 29th.

MK has EMH on Sunday night (open until 11), and the crowd level is supposed to be a 5. Monday they are open until 8, crowd level at 4.

Epcot is 9 - 9 both days, with Sun having a 2.4 crowd level, and Monday a 5. Now, normally this would be a no brainer - go to the lower crowd level park.

But I am TORN over those evening EMH since we only have one day! Thoughts?
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #157
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani
So, you're not going to believe this, but I'm going back... next week. Jan 24 - 29!

DH and I decided last minute to go to Florida, and in a panic I booked what I knew and we're staying at POFQ, LOL!

We're going to do a day at MK, a day at SeaWorld, and are going to Medieval Times for dinner one night. We *might* go to Epcot as well.

I have a question for you. My options for MK and Epcot days are Sunday and Monday, the 28th and 29th.

MK has EMH on Sunday night (open until 11), and the crowd level is supposed to be a 5. Monday they are open until 8, crowd level at 4.

Epcot is 9 - 9 both days, with Sun having a 2.4 crowd level, and Monday a 5. Now, normally this would be a no brainer - go to the lower crowd level park.

But I am TORN over those evening EMH since we only have one day! Thoughts?
Wooo!! I would take advantage of EMH
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #158
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Wooo!! I would take advantage of EMH
That's what I was thinking, but was worried about the increase in crowds. A 4-5 and 2-5 difference isn't too horrid though, right?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #159
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani

That's what I was thinking, but was worried about the increase in crowds. A 4-5 and 2-5 difference isn't too horrid though, right?
I don't think so at all. Personally I think the extra couple hours will give you time to relax, to stop and get dinner etc... I m not a big follower of those crowd calendars- my thought process is you are going in Jan a low volume season, maybe if it was the summer or Xmas week I would feel differently
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #160
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Here's my photo for the theme of the week:

It was while DD was watching Disney Jr. on our 2nd day. She was just so in awe of seeing MMC come to life. Of all things, she was most excited about "Ohhhh Toodles!" So the look of AWE on our DD's first trip sums up our trip experience in one picture.

Loving all the pics so far. We all had some amazing trips!!

(Who wants to pick the next theme?)
Here's my submission for "Awe" face. This is BDLsgal's sister (aka BDLssil). This is her expression from coming around the bend, on the bus, and seeing Spaceship Earth for the 1st time since she was a little girl.

Let me set the scene for you...

During the whole process of planning, I'd routinely ask questions about what everyone wants to do. BDLssil would always answer the same, EPCOT.

Which parks do you want to make sure we get to? EPCOT.
Where do you want to eat? EPCOT.
What kind of souvenirs or Xmas gifts do you want to pick up? EPCOT

You get the point. I found out that during their childhood trips to WDW, BDLssil was enthralled by everything EPCOT/Figment. So fast forward to our 1st morning onsite, riding our 1st bus, to our 1st destination... EPCOT. 1/2 way on the ride, BDLsgal turns to her sister, insistent. "Gimme your camera... Gimme your camera..." It took me a minute to realize why she was doing it, but when BDLsgal kept asking me how much further, I knew what she was doing.

This picture is the exact second when the "golf ball" came into view. It is very cute and heart warming.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #161
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Here's my submission for "Awe" face. This is BDLsgal's sister (aka BDLssil). This is her expression from coming around the bend, on the bus, and seeing Spaceship Earth for the 1st time since she was a little girl.

During the whole process of planning, I'd routinely ask questions about what everyone wants to do. BDLssil would always answer the same, EPCOT.

You get the point. I found out that during their childhood trips to WDW, BDLssil was enthralled by everything EPCOT/Figment. So fast forward to our 1st morning onsite, riding our 1st bus, to our 1st destination... EPCOT. 1/2 way on the ride, BDLsgal turns to her sister, insistent. "Gimme your camera... Gimme your camera..." It took me a minute to realize why she was doing it, but when BDLsgal kept asking me how much further, I knew what she was doing.

This picture is the exact second when the "golf ball" came into view. It is very cute and heart warming.
Aw!!! Love it!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #162
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Awwwww :D Disney Magic at its finest! My favorite kind too, the kind we make ourselves!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #163
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I don't think so at all. Personally I think the extra couple hours will give you time to relax, to stop and get dinner etc... I m not a big follower of those crowd calendars- my thought process is you are going in Jan a low volume season, maybe if it was the summer or Xmas week I would feel differently
Good point. Plus, Saturday is going to be a non-park day, so we'll be nice and fresh for MK on Sunday! If we want to hit Epcot Monday we can, and if not, MK will already have happened!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #164
molitva
Mouseketeer

Dec Disers! I hope everyone had a wonderful trip.

I have lots of catching up to do. I'm just so swamped at work right now. I won't ever take 3 weeks off of work at a time again. Can't wait to read about everyone's trips. We had a blast. I haven't had a chance to look through my photos yet.

We're pondering whether to go back in Dec 13 or Dec 14. We know we want to go during Halloween, but the earliest that can happen is 2015 so we want to sneak a trip inbetween. I priced out similiar dates to our last trip and I'm scratching my head on why it seems so much more expensive. When I have time (this weekend?) I'm going to look into it more.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #165
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Dec Disers! I hope everyone had a wonderful trip.

I have lots of catching up to do. I'm just so swamped at work right now. I won't ever take 3 weeks off of work at a time again. Can't wait to read about everyone's trips. We had a blast. I haven't had a chance to look through my photos yet.

We're pondering whether to go back in Dec 13 or Dec 14. We know we want to go during Halloween, but the earliest that can happen is 2015 so we want to sneak a trip inbetween. I priced out similiar dates to our last trip and I'm scratching my head on why it seems so much more expensive. When I have time (this weekend?) I'm going to look into it more.
Welcome back! :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: