Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #136
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
Love the pictures so far! 2012DisneyWorldBride, your's was the second wedding then. My mom and I were over at the GF for afternoon tea on the 7th and there was a bride having her pictures taken. We saw her leaving in the carriage from one of the store windows upstairs. My mom and I were smiling from ear to ear.

Ok, I've got some news. The employment agency called me yesterday with a temp assignment! It's only a few weeks, but it gets my foot back in the door. The good thing is is that it's close to home and it's part time (4 days a week for 5 hours a day). The agency has to call the company back on Monday to finalize the days and hours, but I start on Tuesday
Congrats!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #137
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the pictures so far! 2012DisneyWorldBride, your's was the second wedding then. My mom and I were over at the GF for afternoon tea on the 7th and there was a bride having her pictures taken. We saw her leaving in the carriage from one of the store windows upstairs. My mom and I were smiling from ear to ear.

Ok, I've got some news. The employment agency called me yesterday with a temp assignment! It's only a few weeks, but it gets my foot back in the door. The good thing is is that it's close to home and it's part time (4 days a week for 5 hours a day). The agency has to call the company back on Monday to finalize the days and hours, but I start on Tuesday
That's fantastic!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #138
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Here's my pic of the week!!! Love this one!
Love the kids' expressions. Priceless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
In any case, so glad to see everyone's pics and start reading reports... I don't know if I'll get to do a full report but at least a summary with some of my fave pics will be doable...

now drumroll for my news please......

many of you know we've been planning on planning (yes, just the talking phases) a 15th birthday trip to WDW for Christmas for my DD... smart girl decided a cool vacation instead of a huge one-day party (quincenera) would be a better way to celebrate... (um, yes, I may have been a big "pusher" of that plan)... anyway, after a lot of back and forth on cost, number of days, where to stay... we've decided to go in a completely different direction but kinda the same... so after much hemming and hawwing... (no clue on spelling) we will be celebrating DD's 15th birthday at....
the BAHAMAS via the DISNEY DREAM
Amazing, right?!?

We're leaving Dec. 19 for 3 nights/4 days and returning on the 22nd...

Economically it'll be about $600 less per family (my boyfriend and his 2 kiddos will join us) and still Disney!
A Disney Cruise is extra magical during the holidays. You're going to love it. I was surprised at just how much more beautiful the Dream was decked out for our cruise in December ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
This is my picture fo the week! We were married at Disney's wedding pavilion on 12/8/12
Beautiful photo! You got married on my b-day! Great choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
It does seem like its the hiring season. Our DBF got hired (contract) and starts Monday, I finally got the permanent job, and I've had a couple of other offers I didn't like as much as well ... figures I've been waiting a year to get _something_ and it turns out as soon as I get a good offer others would come in.

Super excited about moving though. Sold my car by listing it on Craigslist and had a buyer in 20 hours (I actually felt bad turning all the other buyers away).
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #139
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Trip Report!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2946085 I started my trip report!!! i am just adding it to my PTR....
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #140
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Thanks everyone! The job may only last about a week or two (depending on how much data entry there is to do).

Sat, awesome trip report. Sorry you had to go through the sinus infection. But glad you didn't let it ruin your vacation. Your daughter is so adorable!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #141
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

cybrkitn I have to ask, where in the world did you get your Doctor in your siggy? I love Doctor Who and Tennant is my favorite

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #142
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]This is my picture fo the week! We were married at Disney's wedding pavilion on 12/8/12
How beautiful! I can only imagine how fun it would be to have a Disney wedding......and also maybe a bit pricey.....but what a memory!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #143
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Wonderful news!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #144
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone! The job may only last about a week or two (depending on how much data entry there is to do).

Sat, awesome trip report. Sorry you had to go through the sinus infection. But glad you didn't let it ruin your vacation. Your daughter is so adorable!
Hey a week or two is a good start

You know, the sinus part was difficult (due to the pain) but I had too much fun to care. Thank you for the compliments
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #145
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

PHOTO THEME OF THE WEEK!!

Post 1 pic that best summarizes your trip. Not necessarily the BEST picture of your lot, but the one that just captures the overall experience or emotion of the trip. It can be a teaser for people to come visit you own individual TR as well.

HAVE AT IT!!

It's definitely this one... We were all so happy and amazed by Disney We go back to this pic over and over again because it is such a feel good pic...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #146
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer

This is on of my favorites. This photopass photographer took all kinds of pictures of us in different poses. When we took this, I thought it was going to look werid, but it turned out pretty cool.

Christmas-time at Disney World. What else do I need to say?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #147
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So how do you guys get web addresses to appear as a phrase rather than the who http... Thing?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #148
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So how do you guys get web addresses to appear as a phrase rather than the who http... Thing?
In between the [ url ] and [ / url ] you put whatever you want it to say instead of the link. The link only needs to go in the [ url ] part. Minus spaces of course, since I wanted this to show up!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #149
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
In between the [ url ] and [ / url ] you put whatever you want it to say instead of the link. The link only needs to go in the [ url ] part. Minus spaces of course, since I wanted this to show up!
Hahaha I was so confused by that.... Then I saw the insert url thing at the top and got it! Thanks! I was copy and pasting so that was my biggest confusion!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #150
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Helllooooo..... Is anyone out there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: