Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #76
Leader of the Club
My Disney Princess only wears BLACK!

In the spirit of this thread's topic....

I'm giving all my polish-wearing-peeps Essie First Base Coat for Christmas. I do my nails on Sunday night and don't have to worry about them for most of the week. Might need a little touch-up on Friday, but nothing major. This stuff is completely amazing! LOVE IT! ( I work in a machine shop and have my hands in all kinds of junk during the week, not to mention the chores at home like dishes and cleaning)

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod1320190

You can pick it up in lots of places, but I usually just pop in Ulta since its 3 mins from my house.
Darth Vader is just misunderstood
I'm much more pirate than princess
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
for Disney World
Leader of the Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #77
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Ebags packing cubes! THey are wonderful!

For our last trip to WDW, DH poo pooed the packing cubes I bought for all of us...until he saw how much more he could fit in his luggage! He was shocked. He brought a smaller bag than usual and fit all of his clothes for a week. I think it was a carryon - a large one (the max) but a whole weeks' worth of clothes in a carryon isn't bad. The key is to roll the clothes and then put them in the cubes. The nice thing is that when you are packing or taking out the cubes, you can easily move your clothes from bag to bag/bag to drawer.

For example, we were trying to bring as few bags as possible, so we kept rearranging the cubes in bags until we fit all of our stuff into 3 small bags. Then when we got to the hotel, we took our cubes out and put them in the drawers. Want socks? Look in the cube with your socks, underwear, etc. Want shorts? Look in the cube with the shorts and shirts. No loose clothes in the drawers.

Traveling will never be the same again! Long live the packing cube!
Thank you! I am getting these for us and for my sister. I had no idea what to get for her, this will be perfect as they are always going away somewhere and she only uses a carry-on. She is going to love them! I got her the set with the zebra print.

Can someone tell me if the rapsberry is actually red or is it more like a pinkish color?

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #78
dismom301930
Mouseketeer

I received these stacking bowls for my wedding over 14 years ago. I hardly ever used many of the things I registered for, but these bowls (which were not on my registry) remain the one thing I use every single day. They have bowls of every size, and they only take up the cabinet room of the largest bowl. I haven't given them for Christmas yet, but I have given them for many wedding showers.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...%20-%20copy-_-
dismom301930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #79
mjantz
DIS Veteran

Lotion candles: www.lotionlites.com

They feel excellent in the winter when it's cold & the liquid lotion is wonderful. I usually buy a few unscented to keep on hand for quick gifts.
mjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #80
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post
Thank you! I am getting these for us and for my sister. I had no idea what to get for her, this will be perfect as they are always going away somewhere and she only uses a carry-on. She is going to love them! I got her the set with the zebra print.

Can someone tell me if the rapsberry is actually red or is it more like a pinkish color?
I have this set. I would say it is in-between the two. Not really red, not really pink, medium-dark (not bright), with just a tiny hint of purple - raspberry! (If I had to pick one I would say red)
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #81
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDisneyfans View Post
This is the brand of tea they serve in the concierge lounge at the Grand Californian! I love the hot cinnamon spice! I'm buying myself some for my stocking!
Glad I could point you in that direction. I like the cinnamon spice too. But mostly I drink one of their Earl Grey's that is loose. Every year I get a bunch of little sampler packs to give out.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #82
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.
How do you get it out of the package?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #83
tikilyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusacuz View Post
Diamond Candles. There is a ring in every candle, so it's like two gifts in one. I haven't found a scent I love by them yet, but the anticipation of getting to the ring is fun. I bought one for my sister.

I had a Tervis Tumbler up until this past week when I found out that they don't survive a "tumble" off the counter. :D I loved it, though, for hot and cold drinks. It didn't really hold in the heat, but I liked the size I had. They would make great gifts.

I also love the KCup storage drawer I have and will be buying one for my mom for Christmas. The Keurig sits on top of it. They sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Thank you for sharing the Diamond Candles. I've never heard of them. I just ordered two candles for my husband to give me as a Christmas present! LOL
tikilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #84
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Lego Creationary game- great game for the family; Everyone enjoyed this game, even those I wouldn't have thought would.

Swiss Army Knife. DH bought me one to carry in my purse, I was sure I would never use it but I do all the time.

Towel warmer. DH got this for me last year and I love love love it. Best part is, he gets up before I do and puts towels in it so they are warm after my shower.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #85
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready123go View Post
I have this set. I would say it is in-between the two. Not really red, not really pink, medium-dark (not bright), with just a tiny hint of purple - raspberry! (If I had to pick one I would say red)
Sounds great, Im getting the rapsberry, DH is getting black and Dsis is getting the zebra print

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
ORDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Towel warmer. DH got this for me last year and I love love love it. Best part is, he gets up before I do and puts towels in it so they are warm after my shower.
That hubby's a keeper for sure!

11/2013 Villas GC 11/18/2011 GCH Concierge 7/13/2011 DLH 3/20/2011 GCH / PPH concierge 8/27/2010 DLH / PPH concierge 3/2010 Residence Inn11/2009 Residence Inn 6/2008 Crowne Plaza 11/2006 Residence Inn 5/2002 WDW 10 days!!! 1999Disneyland with a 2 yo!!! 1989 DH First Trip to the Mouse! Many Childhood Trips!!
ORDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #87
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post
Mine are not by ebags. I have several different brands. You can find nice ones at luggage stores & less expensive ones at Target. I do prefer the nicer ones though.

I think the basic size "shirt size" might be what they are called, are the most universally used.
Thanks!
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #88
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

I give either L'Occitane hand cream (www.loccitane.com) or Soap Rockettes from QVC. They are both very luxurious items that are a bit pricey but wouldn't necessarily buy for yourself.

www.qvc.com item A219313 Sorry, couldn't get a link to work

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #89
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

I have a pain disorder and there isn't much I can do about it except watch my diet. Pain meds make me look like I'm re-enacting the Exorcist. One thing that DOES help that I recently discovered are the really, really good heating pads that come in all sorts of shapes and sizes for pain.

I've told a couple of friends with various ailments who immediately told me that this is what they wanted for Christmas!

At least I don't have to guess.

One thing I think I may buy are some alpaca scarves - Fair Indigo has them on sale 3 for a $100 this weekend. Still trying to decide, but I better decide soon!
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #90
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

someone up thread starting talking about the Tervis Tumbler they got at Disney...

So I had to go look. about 4 years ago I bought a double walled water cup at disney for a souvieneer, I turned it upside down and sure enough it says Tervis on it.

Who knew. I love that cup so add me to the people who suggest it. It really is a great cup.

This year I bought people grid-its. They looked so cool I even bought one for myself. I'm always losing small items in the bottom of my work bag. They work well. The website is not so user friendly but they ship really quick and they are just something new and unusual.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: