Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #61
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDisneyfans View Post
Just bought one of these in perfect like new condition at Godwill for $14.99. I would love to know what all you cook with it. So far I've only made sandwiches! Great quality and works perfect.
We have one in our Owner's Locker. When we go to Orlando for a week or more, it comes in handy. I have one there because I have lots of weird food allergies, so it's better that I cook most of our meals.

I use it to cook steaks, burgers, salmon, cod, shrimp, grill veggies, pancakes, eggs.

Love it because the plates go right in the dishwasher.
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #62
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready123go View Post
We have one in our Owner's Locker. When we go to Orlando for a week or more, it comes in handy. I have one there because I have lots of weird food allergies, so it's better that I cook most of our meals.

I use it to cook steaks, burgers, salmon, cod, shrimp, grill veggies, pancakes, eggs.

Love it because the plates go right in the dishwasher.
I agree with all of the above. Burgers, sandwich wraps, and steaks are my favorites but I haven't made anything that turned out bad yet!

disney4us2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #63
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintamino View Post
"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.
After I picked myself up off the ground laughing, I'd be offended. I would never give a present to someone that critiqued their life or somehow made them feel bad or embarrassed.

Now if they were someone into nutrition or practiced an alternative diet that would be a fine gift, but not to anyone else.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #64
abel0205
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee

Any idea how to get the coffee stain out of them? I still don't know if they are BPA free. I emailed Tervis and they said the newer ones should be???
I use bleach and water and some dish detergent and let it soak for an hour or so. My coffee stains always come out of mine.
abel0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #65
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

EVILTRON

This thing is fantastic!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/c427/
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #66
disykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
After I picked myself up off the ground laughing, I'd be offended. I would never give a present to someone that critiqued their life or somehow made them feel bad or embarrassed.

Now if they were someone into nutrition or practiced an alternative diet that would be a fine gift, but not to anyone else.
Just think how easy it would make gift giving though. We could just think of people's faults and try to find ways to fix them. There are books on everything! "10 steps to a clearer complexion," "Better parenting for naughty children," "Grammar for idiots," etc. Much easier than trying to think of something they might prefer.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #67
holden
DIS Veteran

Ebags packing cubes! THey are wonderful!

For our last trip to WDW, DH poo pooed the packing cubes I bought for all of us...until he saw how much more he could fit in his luggage! He was shocked. He brought a smaller bag than usual and fit all of his clothes for a week. I think it was a carryon - a large one (the max) but a whole weeks' worth of clothes in a carryon isn't bad. The key is to roll the clothes and then put them in the cubes. The nice thing is that when you are packing or taking out the cubes, you can easily move your clothes from bag to bag/bag to drawer.

For example, we were trying to bring as few bags as possible, so we kept rearranging the cubes in bags until we fit all of our stuff into 3 small bags. Then when we got to the hotel, we took our cubes out and put them in the drawers. Want socks? Look in the cube with your socks, underwear, etc. Want shorts? Look in the cube with the shorts and shirts. No loose clothes in the drawers.

Traveling will never be the same again! Long live the packing cube!
DD - 7
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #68
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post

For our last trip to WDW, DH poo pooed the packing cubes I bought for all of us...until he saw how much more he could fit in his luggage! He was shocked. He brought a smaller bag than usual and fit all of his clothes for a week. I think it was a carryon - a large one (the max) but a whole weeks' worth of clothes in a carryon isn't bad. The key is to roll the clothes and then put them in the cubes. The nice thing is that when you are packing or taking out the cubes, you can easily move your clothes from bag to bag/bag to drawer.

For example, we were trying to bring as few bags as possible, so we kept rearranging the cubes in bags until we fit all of our stuff into 3 small bags. Then when we got to the hotel, we took our cubes out and put them in the drawers. Want socks? Look in the cube with your socks, underwear, etc. Want shorts? Look in the cube with the shorts and shirts. No loose clothes in the drawers.

LOVE packing cubes! Could not agree more. I have converted everyone in the family. DH uses them (miracle). Even the very hard sell "throw it all in a duffle bag" college son. He asks me where we keep the packing cubes when he travels

Last edited by DVC Daisy; 12-08-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Adding: you can never have too many either!
DVC Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #69
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disykat View Post
Just think how easy it would make gift giving though. We could just think of people's faults and try to find ways to fix them. There are books on everything! "10 steps to a clearer complexion," "Better parenting for naughty children," "Grammar for idiots," etc. Much easier than trying to think of something they might prefer.
OMG I nearly spit Coke Zero all over my keyboard!!!!!!!! Hilarious!

disney4us2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #70
ORDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Harney and Son's teas. I drink them loose but for other people I buy the silk sachets:

http://www.harney.com/wrapped-sachet-sampler-cube.html

Teas in little silk sachets are one of those really elegant simple luxuries.

We tend to go for little things and consumables - no one has room in their houses for much, and we've been fortunate - everyone in our family has what they need.
This is the brand of tea they serve in the concierge lounge at the Grand Californian! I love the hot cinnamon spice! I'm buying myself some for my stocking!

11/2013 Villas GC 11/18/2011 GCH Concierge 7/13/2011 DLH 3/20/2011 GCH / PPH concierge 8/27/2010 DLH / PPH concierge 3/2010 Residence Inn11/2009 Residence Inn 6/2008 Crowne Plaza 11/2006 Residence Inn 5/2002 WDW 10 days!!! 1999Disneyland with a 2 yo!!! 1989 DH First Trip to the Mouse! Many Childhood Trips!!
ORDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #71
pepperw23
Ouch, my brain hurts now
Do you have socks I can borrow?
Now I just need imadork.com and I will be good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusacuz
Diamond Candles. There is a ring in every candle, so it's like two gifts in one. I haven't found a scent I love by them yet, but the anticipation of getting to the ring is fun. I bought one for my sister.

I had a Tervis Tumbler up until this past week when I found out that they don't survive a "tumble" off the counter. :D I loved it, though, for hot and cold drinks. It didn't really hold in the heat, but I liked the size I had. They would make great gifts.

I also love the KCup storage drawer I have and will be buying one for my mom for Christmas. The Keurig sits on top of it. They sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Sams club has them too. And they are only 10 bucks.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #72
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post
LOVE packing cubes! Could not agree more. I have converted everyone in the family. DH uses them (miracle). Even the very hard sell "throw it all in a duffle bag" college son. He asks me where we keep the packing cubes when he travels

Okay, you got my attention!

I went to ebags and looked at them. How do you determine what size is best to buy?
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #73
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Okay, you got my attention!

I went to ebags and looked at them. How do you determine what size is best to buy?
Mine are not by ebags. I have several different brands. You can find nice ones at luggage stores & less expensive ones at Target. I do prefer the nicer ones though.

I think the basic size "shirt size" might be what they are called, are the most universally used.

Last edited by DVC Daisy; 12-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.
DVC Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #74
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintamino View Post
"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.
Thanks for the link! Our daughter was diagnosed with diabetes and this book looks like it will help us learn to cook and eat better.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #75
HeatherFeather
The apostrophe just completes me

You have just sold two of these to me! For the record, they are also available at amazon.com with free shipping for prime members. Awesome stocking stuffer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
EVILTRON

This thing is fantastic!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/c427/

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: