Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
My MIL sends out a real balsam wreath to lots of people for Christmas. She gets them off OVC and they have several different ship dates---the gift for the person who has everything. They are very festive and are well made and beuatiful.
Yup, people love getting wreaths. It's the one present that I find people talk about the most.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #32
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucigo View Post
1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" better than a vacuum to point out your house is dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintamino View Post
"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.
Oh WAIT, this is better!!! Telling you your an overweight blob because of your diet is even better.

What happened to buying a person a gift that they would like and would want?

Quote:
2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!
This would be a nice gift for the right person.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #33
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:

2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!
Could you post the name of this, my dh is always complaining his feet are cold and this would be perfect.

I love my Le Creuset cookware and bakeware so I get my MIL some for Christmas every year (she loves it too)
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
Debbie7452
DIS Veteran

My Tervis Tumbler was a WDW souvineer from my last trip. I sent it back when it developed a leak so water got in between the insulated part and they replaced it. I was worried they wouldn't be able to give me the exact design which said "Walt DisneyWorld" but they sent back the exact same one brand new! Great service.
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" better than a vacuum to point out your house is dirty.

Oh WAIT, this is better!!! Telling you your an overweight blob because of your diet is even better.

What happened to buying a person a gift that they would like and would want?

This would be a nice gift for the right person.
Personally, I WOULD like the first two gifts and not the third. To each his own.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
doxdogy
Owned by doxies!
I remember the day I turned into my parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_fins View Post
I have purchased for a lot of friends a ceramic chicken steamer from Fleet Farm here in WI. It is a as seen on tv brand by cooks choice. Only cost $5-7

Love mine for making beer can chicken in the oven.

I had the outside metal one where you put the beer can in the middle but it was a pain to try and get the chicken off the thing. This ceramic one it is a breeze.... You just fill the pocket with liquid of choice and put it in a 9x13 pan with a little water in the pan and

love it...

gail
Can you post a link?
doxdogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #37
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxdogy View Post
Can you post a link?
I'm subbing. I think the chicken steamer is this
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #38
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenwonder View Post
I don't get it?? So you turn your butter upside down and put it in the water???
No, the butter isn't up to the edge of the cup in the lid, so there is an air-seal between it and the water. It doesn't work in really hot climates.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #39
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
What is that one thing that you have that you love so much that you want to tell the world how much you love it, and buy all of your friends one for Christmas?

We all have that person we just don't know what to give, so I figured I would start this in hopes of finding some great ideas. I will start with two things that I loved so much that I wondered how I ever lived without them, and ended up buying for a family member.

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one

OP, PLEASE post a link for this! i work at a computer all day, and my feet are ALWAYS cold. this would be the perfect gift for me!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #40
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Could you post the name of this, my dh is always complaining his feet are cold and this would be perfect.

I love my Le Creuset cookware and bakeware so I get my MIL some for Christmas every year (she loves it too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
OP, PLEASE post a link for this! i work at a computer all day, and my feet are ALWAYS cold. this would be the perfect gift for me!
http://www.amazon.com/Indus-Tool-FWX...ic+foot+warmer
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.
Thanks for posting that! I ordered it for our work gift exchange. I found it on ebay for $11.55 including shipping. I kind of hope I end up with my own gift!

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #42
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
I can't speak to hot coffee (don't drink it) so hopefully someone else can. They are AWESOME for cold drinks...don't sweat at all. I would imagine with the insulation they'd be great for hot too. And they have a lifetime warranty!

If you end up wanting to get some, keep an eye on www.beallsflorida.com - they often have 25-30% off sitewide (today they're just at 15% off) and they carry Tervis. That is where I have gotten almost all of mine. They also carry them at Bed Bath & Beyond and you can use their coupons on them.
My parents winter in Florida, and my mother goes to Bealls a lot. I'll tell her to watch for them for me.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
ceecee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
awesome! i bought my boss a tervis for Christmas (with the SC gamecocks logo on it-he's a fanatic!) and he drinks coffee all day long!

now i just have to find the handle for it...
Any idea how to get the coffee stain out of them? I still don't know if they are BPA free. I emailed Tervis and they said the newer ones should be???
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
MomToOne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.
Anyone else find it ironic that it looks like you need an Open-It to open the Open-It???
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #45
ORDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4us2002 View Post
I got a Cuisinart Griddler last Christmas and it is my favorite way to cook. It is a bit expensive although I've seen them for sale on Woot or 1saleaday as refurbished for $40 but I have gotten every penny out of it. I use it at least once every week. It makes terrific hamburgers and grills steaks to perfection! This year I'm asking for the additional waffle plates to make it a waffler too.
Just bought one of these in perfect like new condition at Godwill for $14.99. I would love to know what all you cook with it. So far I've only made sandwiches! Great quality and works perfect.

11/2013 Villas GC 11/18/2011 GCH Concierge 7/13/2011 DLH 3/20/2011 GCH / PPH concierge 8/27/2010 DLH / PPH concierge 3/2010 Residence Inn11/2009 Residence Inn 6/2008 Crowne Plaza 11/2006 Residence Inn 5/2002 WDW 10 days!!! 1999Disneyland with a 2 yo!!! 1989 DH First Trip to the Mouse! Many Childhood Trips!!
ORDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: