Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
wtrmlnlabs
DIS Veteran

The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary D Chapman

Since others brought up books and I wouldn't have remembered it because I don't save it for anything, I just give it away. I buy these at yard sales whenever I see them, I can't let this great book sit there. It's totally amazing, it works completely, I have a better marriage after 17 years than ever!!

And thanks so much for the Swiffer vac tip, I've never seen it and I gotta have one!! Walmart won't let me into my cart to check out but it's in there!
wtrmlnlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucigo View Post
What is that one thing that you have that you love so much that you want to tell the world how much you love it, and buy all of your friends one for Christmas?

We all have that person we just don't know what to give, so I figured I would start this in hopes of finding some great ideas. I will start with two things that I loved so much that I wondered how I ever lived without them, and ended up buying for a family member.

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one

2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!
I have a desk job in a warehouse, no office space....I think I need this! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
The ceramic baking diish w/lid that Pampered Chef makes. I love that thing! Its wonderful in the oven but just as good inthe microwave. Bought one for myself and then my mother.
I have that as well and OMG I adore it!!! I've only had it a month or so and I've used it so many times for dinner. I haven't used it in the microwave but man I love it for pork chops or chicken breasts in the oven!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
1) Tervis Tumblers

2) Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers - I started with a few and have now converted my whole closet! I had no idea how much I would love them!
I need to do that with my closet....LOL

Hey, thanks for the great ideas, I love that opener, I may have to try to find one of those!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Well, mine is a toy, and I have given it to a lot of relatives' families. We have had ours for 13 years, and there is seldom a day that goes by that someone in the house doesn't play with it. It is still in nearly like-new condition, too; the thing is indestructible. It can be used indoors or out, stores easily, lasts forever, and will support up to 150 lbs.

It's the Dizzy Disc. It was originally designed as a therapeutic device for disabled kids who have coordination and balance issues, but it is hugely fun. It's a spinner platform that can be set to spin flat or to tilt to different angles so that the child can keep the motion going by leaning into the angle of the spin. They can lie on it, sit on it, kneel on it or stand on it. (My kids even like to use it as a cat toy sometimes -- they put one of the cat's little toy mice on it and give it a spin. The mouse flies off spontaneously and the cat watches intently to see which way it will go so he can pounce on it.)

It unfortunately is not cheap, as it runs about $100 now, but this is one family toy that will outlast every kid in the house, I promise.
http://www.amazon.com/DIZZY-DISC/dp/...f=pd_sbs_hpc_5
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
jls886
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Had never heard of the Tervis Tumblers so I looked them up. I may invest in these myself. So they really are just as good for hot coffee as they are for iced tea?
I can't speak to hot coffee (don't drink it) so hopefully someone else can. They are AWESOME for cold drinks...don't sweat at all. I would imagine with the insulation they'd be great for hot too. And they have a lifetime warranty!

If you end up wanting to get some, keep an eye on www.beallsflorida.com - they often have 25-30% off sitewide (today they're just at 15% off) and they carry Tervis. That is where I have gotten almost all of mine. They also carry them at Bed Bath & Beyond and you can use their coupons on them.
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
Jusacuz
DIS Veteran

Diamond Candles. There is a ring in every candle, so it's like two gifts in one. I haven't found a scent I love by them yet, but the anticipation of getting to the ring is fun. I bought one for my sister.

I had a Tervis Tumbler up until this past week when I found out that they don't survive a "tumble" off the counter. :D I loved it, though, for hot and cold drinks. It didn't really hold in the heat, but I liked the size I had. They would make great gifts.

I also love the KCup storage drawer I have and will be buying one for my mom for Christmas. The Keurig sits on top of it. They sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond.
DCL Magic 01/09/2010
POFQ 10/01/10 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Tinker Bell Half 2012 -Princess Half 2012 (POFQ)
DCL Dream 2/26/12 ~ 9/05/13
Jusacuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
jls886
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusacuz View Post
I had a Tervis Tumbler up until this past week when I found out that they don't survive a "tumble" off the counter. :D I loved it, though, for hot and cold drinks. It didn't really hold in the heat, but I liked the size I had. They would make great gifts.
If you still have it, send it in and they'll replace it! They have a lifetime guarantee. I looked at the form and it doesn't appear that they require proof of purchase, or original receipt, which is great! I hadn't had a reason to actually look into the guarantee until now.

http://www.tervis.com/info/lifetime-guarantee
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you still have it, send it in and they'll replace it! They have a lifetime guarantee. I looked at the form and it doesn't appear that they require proof of purchase, or original receipt, which is great! I hadn't had a reason to actually look into the guarantee until now.

Tervis is great. They keep my coffee hot. I did manage to break one once and they did indeed replace it free of charge. I also love that they are made right here in the USA.

nyrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Jusacuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Darn it! I wish I had known that. Unfortunately, I threw it away. That's great to know now, though. I was thinking of getting some for my boys and who knows how long they'll last with the way they leave stuff lying around.
DCL Magic 01/09/2010
POFQ 10/01/10 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Tinker Bell Half 2012 -Princess Half 2012 (POFQ)
DCL Dream 2/26/12 ~ 9/05/13
Jusacuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
SC Minnie
Are we there yet???
Buying toilet paper is like flushing money down the toilet.
The folded over ones are the absolute best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Had never heard of the Tervis Tumblers so I looked them up. I may invest in these myself. So they really are just as good for hot coffee as they are for iced tea?
Yes! DD poured her coffee before class one morning in her Tervis. She got halfway to class and realized she left it in her dorm. After class- 2 hours later- she get back to the dorm and her coffee is still warm. She uses the same one for iced tea/soda and they stay cold. The best thing is with cold drinks they don't sweat.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #25
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Minnie View Post
Yes! DD poured her coffee before class one morning in her Tervis. She got halfway to class and realized she left it in her dorm. After class- 2 hours later- she get back to the dorm and her coffee is still warm. She uses the same one for iced tea/soda and they stay cold. The best thing is with cold drinks they don't sweat.
awesome! i bought my boss a tervis for Christmas (with the SC gamecocks logo on it-he's a fanatic!) and he drinks coffee all day long!

now i just have to find the handle for it...
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I would have to agree with Tervis Tumblers--every person in my family and extended family has gotten one from me--with a logo perfect for them.

Everything from Star Wars to Sweet Tea logos.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

My MIL sends out a real balsam wreath to lots of people for Christmas. She gets them off OVC and they have several different ship dates---the gift for the person who has everything. They are very festive and are well made and beuatiful.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
HeatherFeather
The apostrophe just completes me

Butter bells! http://www.butterbell.com/#axzz2EP9XklAA

There was one in my house growing up and is still one now. I can't stand trying to spread cold butter on things but I don't like the butter keepers that still let air in.

Whenever we have houseguests, they always comment on how cool it is. I've bought a ton of these things for people as gifts!

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
wovenwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather View Post
Butter bells! http://www.butterbell.com/#axzz2EP9XklAA

There was one in my house growing up and is still one now. I can't stand trying to spread cold butter on things but I don't like the butter keepers that still let air in.

Whenever we have houseguests, they always comment on how cool it is. I've bought a ton of these things for people as gifts!

I don't get it?? So you turn your butter upside down and put it in the water???
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

For me its Bath and Body Works hand soaps. They just smell so great! Plus you can get 11 for $26+ tax right now with the coupon codes. Just bought enough for the whole year.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: