Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
lucigo
DIS Veteran

I love it so I'm now giving it for Christmas!

What is that one thing that you have that you love so much that you want to tell the world how much you love it, and buy all of your friends one for Christmas?

We all have that person we just don't know what to give, so I figured I would start this in hopes of finding some great ideas. I will start with two things that I loved so much that I wondered how I ever lived without them, and ended up buying for a family member.

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one

2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
pink_fins
I live under the sea with Nemo and friends

I have purchased for a lot of friends a ceramic chicken steamer from Fleet Farm here in WI. It is a as seen on tv brand by cooks choice. Only cost $5-7

Love mine for making beer can chicken in the oven.

I had the outside metal one where you put the beer can in the middle but it was a pain to try and get the chicken off the thing. This ceramic one it is a breeze.... You just fill the pocket with liquid of choice and put it in a 9x13 pan with a little water in the pan and

love it...

gail
pink_fins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
pintamino
Mouseketeer

"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

The ceramic baking diish w/lid that Pampered Chef makes. I love that thing! Its wonderful in the oven but just as good inthe microwave. Bought one for myself and then my mother.

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
ceecee
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lucigo;46874492]1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one

WHAT Swiffer is it? I thought I had all of them. I really need something that works on dog hair! I have 2 dogs and enough fur to coat 50! I have the regular duster type and one that has solution you spray and then wipe. Is there actually a vac one now?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
lucigo
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ceecee;46874836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucigo View Post
1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one

WHAT Swiffer is it? I thought I had all of them. I really need something that works on dog hair! I have 2 dogs and enough fur to coat 50! I have the regular duster type and one that has solution you spray and then wipe. Is there actually a vac one now?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swiffer-Sw...it-1ct/3921875

Its amazing for dog hair, since we have two australian shepherds I use it at least once a day. I even recommended it all of our puppy buyers! LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
v.t.
DIS Veteran

The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
DawnM
Dawn

While that looks like a good book, I would be very hesitant to send it to people who have no intention of changing their eating habits and those who might be offended that my gift is telling them how to live their lives.

Part of me would love to send out books on how to manage finances as I have a lot of friends who simply cannot live without some form of CC debt, but unless they express interest, I don't think it is my duty to fix them.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintamino View Post
"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
angierae
DIS Veteran

Not this year, but last year - the book Ready Player One by Ernie Cline. It's a fantastic romp for anyone who was into the "nerdy" stuff in the 80's - video games, movies - it's full of pop culture references and a really good book. I bought it as Christmas gifts for four or five people I knew would love it.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Maria1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.

It looks very nice.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

I got a Cuisinart Griddler last Christmas and it is my favorite way to cook. It is a bit expensive although I've seen them for sale on Woot or 1saleaday as refurbished for $40 but I have gotten every penny out of it. I use it at least once every week. It makes terrific hamburgers and grills steaks to perfection! This year I'm asking for the additional waffle plates to make it a waffler too.

disney4us2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

My favorite book for kids is Knuffle Bunny, and my daughters love it too. So I bought all the toddlers in my family a set of the books and their very own Knuffle Bunny.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
jls886
DIS Veteran

1) Tervis Tumblers

2) Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers - I started with a few and have now converted my whole closet! I had no idea how much I would love them!
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
ceecee
DIS Veteran

Tervis are great, I had DD buy her aunts one last year and we filled them with candy.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
1) Tervis Tumblers

2) Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers - I started with a few and have now converted my whole closet! I had no idea how much I would love them!
Had never heard of the Tervis Tumblers so I looked them up. I may invest in these myself. So they really are just as good for hot coffee as they are for iced tea?
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: