Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

List of Dream/Fantasy 4D rooms that dont look down on lifeboats?

We are wondering if anyone has stayed in a 4D that isn't just above a lifeboat? We like the category 4 rooms and deck 6, but want to avoid the 'top of the lifeboat' view. Any advice?
Thanks.
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

I am curious about this answer too! I just booked Cat 4B on the Dream yesterday and I chose 4B bc i felt on the other lower levels i would be looking down at the life boats??
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
karaintn
Earning My Ears

I booked 6586 on the Fantasy because the reviews of this stateroom (in the stateroom section at the top of this page) say it looks down between 2 lifeboats, and that you can see directly down into the water.
karaintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Gatrcruzer
Mouseketeer

We were recently on the Dream in a cat. 4D over the lifeboats, and it did not interfere with the quality of our cruise. If you are standing at the rail and look directly down there is obstruction, but if you are just sitting out on your balcony (which we normally do) looking out at the sea you don't see them, and if you stand at the rail and look out to sea you don't notice them. My 4 yo DD kept stepping up on the little outside table to peer over the side (even though we repeatedly told her to get off, not to do it, time out, etc.) and I have to say it was comforting to know there was a lifeboat there to catch her in the unlikely event that she went over the side. I would not worry about this issue.
Gatrcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Just a thought--when I look out from my balcony, I don't lean over the railing and look straight down; I look out at the water. Yes, I get it that with the way the ships are constructed, I don't have to look straight down to see the lifeboats--they are slightly farther out than the deck I am on. However, having the lifeboats there has never interfered with my enjoyment of my balcony. They really don't interfere with my view at all. And ultimately, I'm glad that they are there!

Honestly, it bothers me more that if I am on deck 6, someone from deck 10 can look over and see ME on my balcony!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
snl2106
Earning My Ears

We had a room on the Dream last month. #6070 It wasnt bad having the lifeboat right under us. Still had an awesome view. I think I have picture or two off the veranda will post. And Nobody can look down at you unless the look from the whirlpool on deck 11 threw the floor. (they have a glass bottom to them) All cabins gor straight up to that deck. We did enjoy the cabin
snl2106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: