Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

Dining & united flights! :)

Hi guys

So I'm inching closer to our holiday!

Just a quicky re ADR's, we have the standard DDP and I've made 4 reservations, for Sanaa, crystal palace (that's for me ), and house of blues twice! Sigh that was an error! I can't seem to cancel online though? Any help with that?

As my fella doesn't know I didn't want to make too many ADR's apart from Sanaa which I know he'll love and I really wanted Crystal palace. Do you think we'd still have a good availability in March when I tell him for when we visit in May? Or will everything be booked and I should make the reservations now?

Second question I went to book the flights I wanted with United last night as the prices have gone back down, is it worth the upgrade to economy plus? It works out to £316 extra for both of us to fly plus on all our flights, man-Newark-Orlando-Manchester?

Any experience of the difference?

Thanks guys xxxx
Old 12-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza1987 View Post
Hi guys

So I'm inching closer to our holiday!

Just a quicky re ADR's, we have the standard DDP and I've made 4 reservations, for Sanaa, crystal palace (that's for me ), and house of blues twice! Sigh that was an error! I can't seem to cancel online though? Any help with that?

As my fella doesn't know I didn't want to make too many ADR's apart from Sanaa which I know he'll love and I really wanted Crystal palace. Do you think we'd still have a good availability in March when I tell him for when we visit in May? Or will everything be booked and I should make the reservations now?

Second question I went to book the flights I wanted with United last night as the prices have gone back down, is it worth the upgrade to economy plus? It works out to £316 extra for both of us to fly plus on all our flights, man-Newark-Orlando-Manchester?

Any experience of the difference?

Thanks guys xxxx
We were upgraded to Economy plus on one leg of our journey with United (EDI-EWR-MCO) last year and to Business First - not sure if I recall the exact wording they use for their higher class - on our return.

Economy plus was pretty spacious considering it is still economy. I'm not sure I would pay £316 for it though. I would rather pay for an extra legroom seat for a much lower price, if they have any available. If good prices come up for their Business First, that may be worth considering if you want to splash out but I'm not sure the price you've been quoted is that great a deal
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

Hi!

Thanks for that, sorry the £316 is the total for both of us flying Man -Newark, then 4 days later flying Newark-Orlando, then 8 days later flying Orlando-Washington-Manchester? That's 4 flights each so £158 pp extra to upgrade to plus for all the flights. Is that still excessive?

I think business first would be out of our price range! I can't see those prices until I book I don't think.

Xxx
Old 12-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza1987 View Post
Hi!

Thanks for that, sorry the £316 is the total for both of us flying Man -Newark, then 4 days later flying Newark-Orlando, then 8 days later flying Orlando-Washington-Manchester? That's 4 flights each so £158 pp extra to upgrade to plus for all the flights. Is that still excessive?

I think business first would be out of our price range! I can't see those prices until I book I don't think.

Xxx
Yeah the Business First is NOT cheap. We only flew that class because we were upgraded. If I had the money to do so I may well have paid for it, but if you don't have copious amounts of cash knocking about, it is, as you say, on the excessive side But at the right price I would consider it

Actually for the £158 per person for all flights and connections I probably would - that's not too far off the price of extra legroom seats. I seem to recall the Plus seats were slightly wider though I may be mistaken. There was certainly more legroom, food was the same, but for a little extra comfort, if you can, it's not a bad deal. I thought you had to pay £316 each and I wouldn't have. Thanks for clarifying

By the way, we LOVED flying with United (then Continental)
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

It's my first USA flight so I'm very excited! United offer us the best in terms of direct (apart from our journey home) flights and times! I know it states online it's 5inches extra leg room, I'm relatively small at 5ft 6 so economy seats don't bother me but BF is 6ft1 so economy is a bit of a squash so I think it may be worth the extra cost just to be a bit more comfortable. Especially as our return flight home is through the night so we might be able to get some sleep so we won't be too jet lagged! I have the option to plus each flight individually so I may only considerate it for the long haul flight sections, we should cope ok for the couple of hours flights in normal economy! Best check the seats again overall it would mean £1070 for both of us economy or £1381 economy plus. I'd budgeted £1200 for all our flights anyway when I priced it all up so even though its a little over budget it just means not buying new suitcases will pinch my parents ones again
Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Ooh we just booked ADRs this past week for Sanaa and Crystal Palace for next May! We fly in 147 days woohoo! Celebrating DS's first visit and our second wedding anniversary!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

Ahh! When do you go? We are at SSR may 1st-May9th next year I can't wait!! we've got Sanaa booked the Wednesday 1st and Crystal Palace on the Friday 3rd!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza1987
Ahh! When do you go? We are at SSR may 1st-May9th next year I can't wait!! we've got Sanaa booked the Wednesday 1st and Crystal Palace on the Friday 3rd!
We'll be there from Sat 4th to Tue 21st. Staying offsite in a villa! I think theres a few of us from here visiting in May! We have Sanaa booked on the 11th (thats our anniversary) and CP on the 17th.

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: