DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Online booking Question

Tomorrow is my 11 month mark, and I would like to try to online book. I want a two bedroom DEDICATED Villa, vs a two bedroom lockoff, at Bay Lake Tower. Is there a way to specifically request this? It's very important to us to get the dedicated Villa. We are also requesting Theme Park view for the first time, and I'm worried that if I wait until 9:00, I won't get what we want. I also will need to "borrow" points from 2014. All this can be done online? Nervous!!!!
ScrappinGran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

When you choose room you will have a list of room and view choices and there will be a choice for a 2BR Theme Park view and, separately, a 2BR lock-off Theme Park view. You should choose the 2BR Theme Park. That is the dedicated 2BR even though it does not say dedicated. And when you are given page to choose points for the trip, you will be able to borrow points. And don't worry, your chances of getting theme park view at 11 months out even if you were to wait to reserve in afternoon are certain. It is standard not theme park view that goes fairly quickly.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
DieHardJoe
Earning My Ears

You should have no problems booking your room. We own at BLT and I just went in and selected the latest 11 month date I could (Nov 6th) and your 2-BR Theme Park view is wide open from the 6th thru the 13th. If you're feeling a little nervous, do what I did the first couple times - Go in now an practice. You can go as far as selecting the resort, room type and dates with no problem. And if I remember correctly, you can even click the "Select This Resort" button and go to the next screen and still not be committed to your selection (maybe another poster can verify). That's around the time you'll be asked about borrowing points. But it's pretty straightforward and I'm betting you'll be fine. Last month was our 11 month window for a mid-October, 2013 reunion for over 20 people. We booked a Grand Villa, 4 Studios and a couple of 2-BR's and we did it all online, with a few follow-up calls to MS to add names and to shift dates a little (okay, we walked the reservations a couple of days).
Good Luck with your planning!
DieHardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your answers. One more question. Do I need to provide how many adults, children, etc. will be staying in the Villa? Their ages, etc? And if one adult drops out, do I need to call Member Services? Right now one of the adults is planning on going, but the nature if his job makes it difficult to 100% commit.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

You can provide the names and ages now or later, up to you. But you have to call to make the changes, can't do that part online.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinGran View Post
Thank you for your answers. One more question. Do I need to provide how many adults, children, etc. will be staying in the Villa? Their ages, etc? And if one adult drops out, do I need to call Member Services? Right now one of the adults is planning on going, but the nature if his job makes it difficult to 100% commit.
There will be a page where you fill out name, address and phone for anyone who will be staying there but you don't have to fill it all out now. They don't ask for ages except possibly the above or below an age type question.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinGran
You will be asked for ages of the children 17 and under, but you can take your best guess and make corrections later. I don't think the ages really matter if you are not getting the dining plan or tickets through WDW (10 and over costs more), or unless one of the children is under age three and you are at the occupancy limit. I also don't think there would be a problem adding and dropping guests by calling MS at a later date,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
staceymay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Arrghhh, Online I can't book the following Saturday Nov 16th..the day we check out! What do I do? book through the 15th, then add on a day? EEk!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Actually, I can't book Friday the 15th either..only the 8th-14th...I want check-in the 8th, check out the 16th. Guess I will call Member Services?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

You can only book 7 days from your 11 month window open so you won't be able to add those last 2 days until Monday. Since you are using the 11 month booking you should have no issue getting those days added in 2 days (I remember someone posting a nice explanation of why but basically it works). Good luck and I hope you have an amazing stay!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: