Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #61
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrose View Post
The thing that seemed most ridiculous to me was the way her "DH" was acting. No one is quite that self-absorbed.
Unfortunately, yes, there really ARE people that self-absorbed out there. My ex is one of them. But don't worry, I won't be starting a thread - even under a new user name - to post about it.

Because I went through a fairly similar thing I totally fell for the story. Like a pp wrote - I just hope that someone (other than that op) was able to take something from that thread and help make a change in their own life for the better. KWIM?

And I would LOVE to know how the mods found the scam.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #62
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Unfortunately, yes, there really ARE people that self-absorbed out there. My ex is one of them. But don't worry, I won't be starting a thread - even under a new user name - to post about it.

Because I went through a fairly similar thing I totally fell for the story. Like a pp wrote - I just hope that someone (other than that op) was able to take something from that thread and help make a change in their own life for the better. KWIM?

Me too! I hope someone gives us a hint how they found out.
I would LOVE to have so much extra time to be able to sit and type up stories. My goodness. Is the thread still here? Was the OP a long-time dis poster or one of those people that say they have been here a long time but changed their name not to be found out?

Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #63
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just opened and closed that thread, I simply don't have time to follow thread that just explodes with replies.

But, for those that did read it, was it similar to THIS:

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #64
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5056 View Post
I just opened and closed that thread, I simply don't have time to follow thread that just explodes with replies.

But, for those that did read it, was it similar to THIS:

That would be the same story!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #65
nd5056
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking OP had to ask for something, like money. Otherwise no one has a reason to verify if it's true or not. Just look at my linked post date.

And the Mods are not going to verify everything posted, it's a senseless task based on this quote:

Quote:
Internet is a place where women are men, men are women and children are undercover FBI Agents...
nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #66
Tigger&Belle
I'm the good girl on the DIS

Snarky is my middle name
So many comments, so many points

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
So many of us fooled. So many of us leading our support and good wishes.

Why what's the point of posting a thread like that? Gawd.

Messed up.

Some people are sicker than others. Very sad that someone would actually go to the trouble of posting something like that and then keep up the act. It points to them being disturbed and is not a reflection on any of us for being deceived. If being a compassionate person means that I will sometimes be made a fool of, I am willing to take that risk.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #67
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I have an idea about how the mods figured out it was fake. I also think there are still quite a few fakers still here and posting regularly.
oh yeah. I can think of a few..which means I spend way too much time on here if even I think they are fakes.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #68
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

The way I see it is if you are going to post a sad story, I say post in your own name. That is being truthful and honest. There are no new problems in the world. We all go through different things. I mean I have my own story that may be unbelievable to some. It is nothing I would post.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #69
Jessica14
DIS Veteran

I feel so duped! Usually I'm a skeptic, but I guess my 6th sense was off. Here and there I wondered. It all seemed to go so smoothly for her. I also have known women whose husbands did this, so I guess I believed her. Uuugh! At least I only posted good wishes and did not send money or gifts.
Jessica
2010:POFQ 12/11-12/17:
2011: Santa took us to POP!

My Blog: A Woman's Pause www.jessicajudd.blogspot.com
Jessica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I was suspicious. If someone was going through all that, why would they be running to the DIS boards to talk about it constantly with every detail? Typically "drama" posts end after a short time and many times you never hear the outcome.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
disykat
DIS Veteran

I followed that story line, mainly because I was curious how long it would take people to start offering money and gifts.

The OP in that thread never asked for anything, yet people started offering.

I always figure that those threads, real or not, offer something to someone. Somehow we learn and gain strength from each other. Maybe someone learned from that thread. I also believe prayers offered went somewhere and weren't wasted.

They key is to remember that on an annonymous message board, ANY thread could be a hoax.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #72
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Read the OP when I joined but thought it was hinky. The other day though I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt and posted. Says a lot about the OP either being mean/nutty or both.

Making progress on Christmas but need to get in gear. Our daughter has been sick so I have not been shopping in a week.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
I had serious doubts from the beginning, and became completely sure it was fake when she said the girl's mother was going to visit the guy. I'm sure if the story had continued, next the mother and the guy would have ended up in a relationship.
That is exactly where I saw the story going and was waiting for it to be posted in the near future.

Wonder if it was the poser who recently said she was a mom pregnant with twins who both had life-threatening complications, had cancer herself, had a nephew with cancer and had just lost her daughter to cancer. That one went on a long time before all the tragedy became too much for people to believe and she got tripped up in the details. I didn't believe that one at all either.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #74
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
That is exactly where I saw the story going and was waiting for it to be posted in the near future.

Wonder if it was the poser who recently said she was a mom pregnant with twins who both had life-threatening complications, had cancer herself, had a nephew with cancer and had just lost her daughter to cancer. That one went on a long time before all the tragedy became too much for people to believe and she got tripped up in the details. I didn't believe that one at all either.
That is a messed up person!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #75
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
That would be the same story!
Come on, don't be such a skeptic. The story is completely different. In THAT story, the baby is a GIRL!!!!
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: