Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #46
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!
 
Scurvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rocket City
Posts: 4,289

I had serious doubts from the beginning, and became completely sure it was fake when she said the girl's mother was going to visit the guy. I'm sure if the story had continued, next the mother and the guy would have ended up in a relationship. I wonder if the mods stepped in when they did because it became apparent that people were actually sending her money or gifts.

I am no where near ready for Christmas. My tree is up but I haven't put one ornament on it yet. I think we are doing that tonight. I've done some Christmas shopping but not much and I haven't wrapped anything. Maybe it's because it has been in the 70s here this week, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me at all. I'm hoping I will start feeling more Christmassy need week when it is colder and the tree is decorated.
__________________

Last edited by Scurvy; 12-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
nd5056
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windy City
Posts: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Oh well C'est La Vie!It was a great story. Very well crafted and believed.
...
Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas...

.
nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #48
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer
 
EmJay2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5056 View Post
Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas...

.
Hm...that kind of reminds me of the time on Diaper Sewing Divas where a poster was on the site undercover for months asking questions, posting, using the Divas as free testers and taking free tutorials etc then publishing the Babyville book and releasing the line in sewing stores. Caused such a mess that Bernita shutdown the site DSD and started another. Sigh.
EmJay2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #49
Rylee
DIS Veteran
 
Rylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5056 View Post
Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas...

.
Well, we can save our money... we already know how it ends.
__________________

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #50
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 45,386

I steered clear of that thread. I didn't really know if it was true or not but it seemed like way too much for someone that new. I don't know, it just felt weird.

As for Christmas, I could use another month to get ready.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #51
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,532

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, lol.

I have seen lots and lots of incredible things happen on the internet. I learned early on that the nice, lovely Disney poster can be a creepy old man smoking a cigar and taking on a different persona. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration there, LOL.

Dr Phil, in his new book, states that we can no longer go by the rules our parents taught us. There is no more "giving people the benefit of the doubt". Primarily because there are so many hidden agendas, so many untruthful and disturbed people in the current world.

I did buy into the story, but I had a feeling the person probably was someone else who registered a new name on the DIS. Not sure of the intent, but that is pretty clear now.

That being said, I would NEVER send money, gifts, etc to anyone I do not know in "real life". There are too many scams out there, and too many trusting people who lead with their hearts.

Since I assume this person is reading this, and probably relishing every post, I will not be feeding into this particular sickness any longer. Suffice it to say, the person(s) needs help.
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #52
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown
 
monkeybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5056 View Post
Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas...

.
I read a bit of that thread but never posted. I always question whether the "drama" threads on here are real or not, but it doesn't bother me either way. That one was pretty well written and thought out as far as they go, and my first thought when it was revealed that it was fake was "why bother with a bunch of strangers on the internet? Just write a mediocre book and make a few bucks."
Seemed like it could have been a plot for a harlequin romance at the least.

There are some posters here who I sometimes think might be "acting" out characters they've created, and I always wonder why they don't just go into community theater or something. Why squander those talents on the Dis?
I'm glad they do though...it is entertaining!
monkeybug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #53
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors
 
eliza61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 18,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug View Post
I read a bit of that thread but never posted. I always question whether the "drama" threads on here are real or not, but it doesn't bother me either way. That one was pretty well written and thought out as far as they go, and my first thought when it was revealed that it was fake was "why bother with a bunch of strangers on the internet? Just write a mediocre book and make a few bucks."
Seemed like it could have been a plot for a harlequin romance at the least.

There are some posters here who I sometimes think might be "acting" out characters they've created, and I always wonder why they don't just go into community theater or something. Why squander those talents on the Dis?
I'm glad they do though...it is entertaining!
See I'm the exact opposite. I always think "why do we care". One thing I always keep in my head is that any where I post on the internet, everyone is a stranger. For the most part no one on the dis has any direct effect on my life. I don't give money to anyone, I don't have to deal with anyones drama so if some one wants to post a fictional scenerio AT MOST, I'll waste time saying a prayer (which is never a waste IMO).

I've gotten great advice from disser and great information but the end of the day I'm the one who has to act on the advice or information.

when we use to discuss politics and religion some of the posters would really get my dander up and what would happen? I'd end up with the points or on a dis board time out for letting them get me all hot and bothered.
I have my favorite posters and I have those that I use the ignore button.

There was a thread on the budget board, where folks got all upset because there evidently were some scammers over there. I couldn't understand that either. Scammers are every where, why would you think on the dis they couldn't exist. It's like people who don't think crime exist in Disneyworld.

Disappointed some one lied? hardly. this is purely entertainment value for me.
__________________
"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." ...John Adams
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,256

OMG, are you all talking about the girl that had Henry in Canada?
In my 13 years of being on these boards, I never post on those threads but I did on that one. I think I even spoke to my mother about it (she is karensi).

Anyway, is that what we are talking about?
Thanks!

Last edited by js; 12-07-2012 at 09:38 AM.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #55
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown
 
monkeybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
See I'm the exact opposite. I always think "why do we care". One thing I always keep in my head is that any where I post on the internet, everyone is a stranger. For the most part no one on the dis has any direct effect on my life. I don't give money to anyone, I don't have to deal with anyones drama so if some one wants to post a fictional scenerio AT MOST, I'll waste time saying a prayer (which is never a waste IMO).

I've gotten great advice from disser and great information but the end of the day I'm the one who has to act on the advice or information.

when we use to discuss politics and religion some of the posters would really get my dander up and what would happen? I'd end up with the points or on a dis board time out for letting them get me all hot and bothered.
I have my favorite posters and I have those that I use the ignore button.

There was a thread on the budget board, where folks got all upset because there evidently were some scammers over there. I couldn't understand that either. Scammers are every where, why would you think on the dis they couldn't exist. It's like people who don't think crime exist in Disneyworld.

Disappointed some one lied? hardly. this is purely entertainment value for me.
I'm guessing you accidentally quoted me? It doesn't seem like we have opposite feelings about these kinds of posts. I enjoy them for entertainment as well.
monkeybug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #56
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 15,823

I hope nobody sent her anything. Glad she was found out before she had others feeling sorry for her.

Not sure why but I never gave the story a look.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #57
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"
 
babyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
OMG, are you all talking about the girl that had Henry in Canada?
In my 13 years of being on these boards, I never post on those threads but I did on that one. I think I even spoke to my mother about it (she is karensi).

Anyway, is that what we are talking about?
Thanks!
Yes, that is what we are talking about.. Henry is a hoax! Guess she got the name from Once Upon a Time......
__________________
Doodlebop Archie Ben
babyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #58
jgh
Peter Pan!
 
jgh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Athens, GA...461 miles from WDW!
Posts: 571

I actually checked that thread pretty regularly...I was shocked when I saw it got locked last night. I guess I really don't understand why it did (I thought it was legit...?). But oh well, who am I to say it was or wasn't?
__________________


jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #59
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran
 
palmtreegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NEPA
Posts: 7,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I have an idea about how the mods figured out it was fake. I also think there are still quite a few fakers still here and posting regularly.
Do tell......lol
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #60
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

I was suspicious from the beginning but didn't post because so many posters I recognize were offering up support; I thought it was just me beng wonky.

As for Christmas, I'm going to Disneyworld and that's my excuse for doing absolutely nothing else.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.