Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #16
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

It is strange how some people get their jollies. It is never bad to offer support and encouragement to another person going thru a rough time. I think we should all hold our heads up. We did nothing wrong. In fact, I was quite proud of us!

I started putting my 2nd tree up last night. Thanks to another DISer's suggestion, I am putting the lights on each separate tree section. This way, when it comes time to take it down, I will be able to leave the lights on the branches. I don't know why I never thought of this myself!

We have "Shop With A Cop" tomorrow morning. We will be taking out a group of about 40 kids!

I have had 2 birthdays in the past week. Sunday is my DBF's birthday, then I can think about Christmas.

TC
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

did I miss some thing?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #18
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61
did I miss some thing?
I figured it out after a few minutes lol. There was a popular thread that a lot of posters followed and wished the OP well on. Turns out it was a sham and everyone was duped.(I don't know how it was found out.)
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #19
mamamary
DIS Veteran

me dh ds (17) dd (15) and Baxter (my 8 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #20
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

Would love to know how it was found out. It sounded too good to be true, but..... I do hope the starter of that particular thread gets some mental health help. He or she obviously craves attention.

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #21
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

If it is the thread I think it is I am shocked! I can't believe it was all fake. Wow
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #22
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

I got sucked in... I guess because I cant believe anyone would take so much time out of their life to make up something like that... oh well, live and learn

as for Christmas.... I havent even started.....I guess I should get my tush in gear.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I have no idea what I missed, but I do have to ask you all if you always assume what someone says online is true?
I'm pretty cynical so I don't. I may post on a thread and wish someone well, but if it comes out they were lying I don't really care. I kind of expect it.
Its definitely different when you've been on a board for awhile and you do "get to know" the other posters, so you can tell who is genuine. If its a newbie, and they have an incredible sob story I guess I'm always a bit suspicious.
Anyway just a thought, I have no idea what thread you guys are talking about.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

So sad someone would make something up like that. You all gave loads of support (the thread had over 1000 replies, right?) It's just weird how detailed all her accounts were, and how realistic it all seemed. I wonder how they worked out it was a fake. Would be nice if we could know why.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #25
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I have no idea what I missed, but I do have to ask you all if you always assume what someone says online is true?
I'm pretty cynical so I don't. I may post on a thread and wish someone well, but if it comes out they were lying I don't really care. I kind of expect it.
Its definitely different when you've been on a board for awhile and you do "get to know" the other posters, so you can tell who is genuine. If its a newbie, and they have an incredible sob story I guess I'm always a bit suspicious.
Anyway just a thought, I have no idea what thread you guys are talking about.
I assumed people weren't lying because I don't understand why lying to people you have never met (or will probably never meet) would be satisfying or rewarding. It's much more satisfying to lie to people you know well...preferably family!
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #26
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

The "7 months...." thread I'm assuming? I never trust any sob story threads if it's a new poster or someone saying "I post her frequently so I'm posting my sob story under a fake username...".

As for Christmas, I'm all set except for my oldest DD, my wife and food for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day breakfast.

Okay, so I guess I'm not really ready at all.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #27
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Too bad that someone is so...needy for attention maybe...that they have to post fake stuff.

But, hey, life happens right?

It won't stop me from offering support....

Plus, you never know, maybe something someone posted on that thread helped someone else who was reading it....the Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes....

As far as Christmas, I'm father along than I expected to be at this point. INside the ouse all decorated, trees up (regular one and Disney one), about 1/2 the shopping done (although I don't have a lot anymore and it's mostly gift cards & money at this point, with a cute little something so the recipient has something to open). Outdoor lights & 2 blow up Mickeys will go out this weekend.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~

Last edited by Disney Doll; 12-07-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #28
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kies99 View Post
The "7 months...." thread I'm assuming? I never trust any sob story threads if it's a new poster or someone saying "I post her frequently so I'm posting my sob story under a fake username...".

As for Christmas, I'm all set except for my oldest DD, my wife and food for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day breakfast.

Was is that one? I have to admit I thought it was baloney from the start. In my job you get a sick sense about people and my "spidey senses" were right then.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #29
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmickeymouse View Post
I assumed people weren't lying because I don't understand why lying to people you have never met (or will probably never meet) would be satisfying or rewarding. It's much more satisfying to lie to people you know well...preferably family!

I think there are some people who just need attention, and they go to some strange lengths to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kies99 View Post

If that was the thread, I think I read the OP but decided it was too much like a soap opera to get involved.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #30
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
Was is that one? I have to admit I thought it was baloney from the start. In my job you get a sick sense about people and my "spidey senses" were right then.
That's what I've been assuming

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: