DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #31
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
All the coupons are copies. All of them. They are identical coupons printed out from your computer screen. The store manager saw me holding a stack of them and didn't bat an eye. And nobody is going to get fired for running multiple coupons or transactions for a customer, that is absurd. Target isnt run by idiots, but you must assume it is because they keep running this same offer over and over again.
I live near 3 targets and none of them allow multiple coupons. I've had to separate each and every purchas. E even going to different cashiers it has been a pain but worth it.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #32
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Yes I just used 12 coupons for 12 Disney Gift cards, using the 5% RedCard. I paid $460 for $600 worth of GC's. Awesome!! I will use them for my MF's. I'm planning on calling over a couple of days to Member Accounting. It will take some time to use all 12 plus my Disney Rewards card!!

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

DH wanted to hear it for himself, so he called member services and they confirmed you can use the gift cards.

Also...you don't have to spend all the time on the phone either, you can fax them directly, giving them full instructions and listing our the numbers of the gift cards. I plan on doing a spreadsheet and handling it that way.

Ok, just back from Target. Went to multiple registers but mainly purchased 4 cards each time. Used 4 coupons each time and also used my Target $10 gift cards against the purchases. Some cashiers would do them all at once, some would only do one at a time, but no one questioned me at all or turned me away. Super bonus: I was randomly selected 4 different transactions to get a $8 coupon off an $80 purchase. So, I also saved an extra $32! Today I purchased a total of 24 gift cards to use against our MF's, total savings of $272, which will cover one of my Southern California passes for our summer Disneyland trip.

Doin' the Happy Dance!!

Last edited by love280mickey; 12-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

Went to Target last night with 10 coupons and the girl was nicer ought to let me use them all but in desperate transactions. I then ran home and printed 25 more and she rang me up 25 times. Then I tried to use my 35 target gift cards to purchase more Disney cards but then wouldn't let me do that. No big deal ill go to a different target to use them.

Saved $350 on my DVC Annual Dues. Tomorrow I'm buying more cards to drop the overall cost of annual passes from $399 to $329 whoo hoo

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #35
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

So I wonder what Target and MS would say about 140 gift cards to pay my dues? I could save a bundle.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #36
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
So I wonder what Target and MS would say about 140 gift cards to pay my dues? I could save a bundle.
To save $1400.. I would be all over that!
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Yes, they will accept them for MS, no problem. You can call them with the numbers or fax them.

that is my plan and we are saving over $300!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #38
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how often Target does a promotion like this? I know they did it just a few weeks ago and I was sorry I saw it too late and missed out. I haven't missed this time, for sure!

Just wondering if it's only around the holidays or other times of year as well. I'll be very happy if they do it several times, but definitely this same time next year to apply to the MF's.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

I went to 3 different Targets tonight and they now all have a limit of 4 coupons per transaction. It's programmed into the computer. I'll have to make many more trips tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #40
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
I went to 3 different Targets tonight and they now all have a limit of 4 coupons per transaction. It's programmed into the computer. I'll have to make many more trips tomorrow.
This is just per transaction. So ring $200, use 4 coupons. Pay. Wash, rinse repeat. You don't have to leave and come back the next day.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #41
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxdvz View Post
This is just per transaction. So ring $200, use 4 coupons. Pay. Wash, rinse repeat. You don't have to leave and come back the next day.
I did that at 2 of the Targets but I bought all the gift cards they had (1 store only had 5 and the other had 7). The one store that had a huge supply was the most strict. They had to get approval to just use 4 coupons. I told them that I wanted to purchase 4 more in a separate transaction and they would not let me. They were watching me . I'll go back tomorrow with my wife and we'll each try to run a few transactions at the same time.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #42
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
I did that at 2 of the Targets but I bought all the gift cards they had (1 store only had 5 and the other had 7). The one store that had a huge supply was the most strict. They had to get approval to just use 4 coupons. I told them that I wanted to purchase 4 more in a separate transaction and they would not let me. They were watching me . I'll go back tomorrow with my wife and we'll each try to run a few transactions at the same time.
Hi Rob, I live in Chicago suburbs too and my Target (a SuperTarget) has lots of them. They're in every counter aisle, plus the Gift Card rack. I thought initially they only had 4, and found more in every counter aisle.

Too bad that they're strict. I find a "youngish" employee and just say, just try it. It their computer accepts it, they're not really doing anything wrong...

Goodluck tomorrow! I'm trying to figure out if I should get more since the promo expires tomorrow. But it looks like I can only use them to pay my MFs and not to buy our PAPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlkid View Post
Saved $350 on my DVC Annual Dues. Tomorrow I'm buying more cards to drop the overall cost of annual passes from $399 to $329 whoo hoo
How do you plan to do this when they won't take more than 2 cards over the phone or online? Do you happen to live in Florida and can do it via their Ticketing center?
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #43
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Too bad that they're strict. I find a "youngish" employee and just say, just try it. It their computer accepts it, they're not really doing anything wrong...
Yeah, each cashier has read the coupon and says only 1 per transaction. I tell them just to try it, it will work (and it does). The Super Target in Glendale Heights is the one that was very strict. I'm going to try to get at least another $1K in gift cards tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #44
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Yeah, each cashier has read the coupon and says only 1 per transaction. I tell them just to try it, it will work (and it does). The Super Target in Glendale Heights is the one that was very strict. I'm going to try to get at least another $1K in gift cards tomorrow.
Try St. Charles, though that might be too far for you You're talking about the one in Schmale right?
June 2014 HHI

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #45
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Try St. Charles, though that might be too far for you You're talking about the one in Schmale right?
Yes. That's the one. I'll be stopping there before and after dinner tomorrow. I live in Lombard so St. Charles is a bit far.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: