Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #31
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Which is cheaper!! Do you actually get the tickets or do you get a slip that you have to turn in at the ticket booth to get the actual tickets!!
I bought mine at Undercover Tourist, and got actual tickets. I waited until we got to the park to get the Express option, mostly because I couldn't make up my mind about whether or not to get it, plus, I wanted to make sure they were for the day we actually went.

We used our Undercover tickets only to get into the parks, then they went into my pocket. The Express option was on a separate ticket, and I pulled them out only to show the attendant, at each ride entrance. Sometimes, we had to show them again on a ride. The attendants did scan them, each time.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforgetmypassword View Post
I bought mine at Undercover Tourist, and got actual tickets. I waited until we got to the park to get the Express option, mostly because I couldn't make up my mind about whether or not to get it, plus, I wanted to make sure they were for the day we actually went.

We used our Undercover tickets only to get into the parks, then they went into my pocket. The Express option was on a separate ticket, and I pulled them out only to show the attendant, at each ride entrance. Sometimes, we had to show them again on a ride. The attendants did scan them, each time.
I think we will go with Under Cover tourist !! I went last September with a group of Dev. Disabled and the pre purchased ones we had we had to go to the ticket booth and it was PAIN!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #33
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I think we will go with Under Cover tourist !! I went last September with a group of Dev. Disabled and the pre purchased ones we had we had to go to the ticket booth and it was PAIN!!!!
Having the real tickets in your hands is the way to go.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #34
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night
 
Sparkly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 2,200

We did IOA in about 4 1/2-5 hours yesterday. That's with pretty much everything we wanted to see done.
__________________



Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! ~ The One Where I Finally Ride Splash????

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #35
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Having the real tickets in your hands is the way to go.
I agree !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
We did IOA in about 4 1/2-5 hours yesterday. That's with pretty much everything we wanted to see done.
We found that IOA was easier to see in 1 day than Universal !! I think I will go with the Undercover Tourist deal\ that is Buy 2 base tickets get a 3rd free and we will use that our first day and the next 2 days and then hit Seaworld on departure day !! We will just hit the highlights there Dolphin Cove , the Dolphin Show and the Whales for sure and then what ever else we have time for !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.