Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Express pass is priced depending on the projected crowds.The higher the projected crowds, the higher the price.Example:IOA on December 26th is charging $109 for express pass.That is not including park admission.
Yes, on the universal ticket store web site, it shows one adult express ticket, for both parks, for the week of Feb. 2-Feb. 8, for $35.99 each ticket, at the same price every day. That's when we'll be there, one of those days. Probably Feb. 4th, 6th or 7th-not the 5th, because that's our anniversary, and I will probably want to spend that day with my husband, not my daughter.

I realize it's in addition to park admission. So, if I get 2 tickets for both parks, one day, and get the express for both parks for that one day, it's over $300!! If I'm spending that much for one day, I want to get the most out of it.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

It all depends on how much in each park you like. I skip Toon Lagoon and Dr. Seuss in IOA altogether and don't hit every ride/attraction in US so I'm able to get in everything I like to do in one day.
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforgetmypassword View Post
Yes, on the universal ticket store web site, it shows one adult express ticket, for both parks, for the week of Feb. 2-Feb. 8, for $35.99 each ticket, at the same price every day. That's when we'll be there, one of those days. Probably Feb. 4th, 6th or 7th-not the 5th, because that's our anniversary, and I will probably want to spend that day with my husband, not my daughter.

I realize it's in addition to park admission. So, if I get 2 tickets for both parks, one day, and get the express for both parks for that one day, it's over $300!! If I'm spending that much for one day, I want to get the most out of it.
I would wait till you get to the park and see if its needed.Early Feb isn't that busy and if you plan on skipping stuff it may not be neccessary...THAT said, you will not see everything in both parks, but will be able to hit the hilights.Don't discount some of the shows , some of them are alot of fun.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforgetmypassword View Post

Here's what I've learned in my time trolling these boards: the cost of the express pass usually indicates the crowd levels. $35.99 would indicate a light crowd day. Usually $59.99 and $69.99 rates would be high crowds.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
Here's what I've learned in my time trolling these boards: the cost of the express pass usually indicates the crowd levels. $35.99 would indicate a light crowd day. Usually $59.99 and $69.99 rates would be high crowds.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

We get the Express Pass and do 95% of everything in both parks in one day. Caveat: we don't do shows, and we usually leave at least 1-2 hours before closing. I think you can do it.

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop
Dec 2013 @ DLR Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies
SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

If the assumption is "I only want to see Harry Potter stuff, will one day be enough?" then Yes. You can see all the Harry Potter stuff to your hearts content in a day.
However, that is like saying "Will one day be enough for Frontierland at MK? Yes, but what about Fantasyland? Tomorrowland? You can start with Harry Potter in the morning, do other stuff at IOA, and then return to Potter in the evening (it looks really cool!)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
toonaspie
Just a poser

It's a real bummer that the Simpsons ride is not in Islands of Adventure. Most of the stuff we're interested in is in IOA but I can't imagine us going all the way down there and NOT doing the Simpsons ride about once or twice. So we might do the whole park-to-park express splurge.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaFarce View Post
We get the Express Pass and do 95% of everything in both parks in one day. Caveat: we don't do shows, and we usually leave at least 1-2 hours before closing. I think you can do it.
This is probably what we'll end up doing.

Going for 2 days is NOT an option. It is NOT POSSIBLE. So, my daughter and I intend to get there before it opens, and just hit the ground running! We will have a plan, and will no doubt miss some things and be exhausted at the end of the day! Can't wait. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #25
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Bumping, with an explanation of what we did, now that we're back!

Quick recap: We only had one day that we could go to Universal. My husband was going to go to the Kennedy Space Center with our oldest daughter and her partner, another daughter and her husband and their 2 toddlers were going to a Disney park, so my youngest, aged 17, and I-both huge Harry Potter fans-went to Universal for ONE DAY, to do both parks.

We did end up buying the Express Option packs for us both. We immediately went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and rode the Forbidden Journey first. We also rode Flight of the Hippogriff, and would have also rode the Dragon Challenge too, but it was down. The attendant said it would be back up in "about a half an hour", so we walked around Hogsmeade, then went into The Lost Continent.

We checked out the Mystic Fountain, but none of the other stuff appealed, so we went back to see if the Dragon Challenge was up yet-it had been over 1/2 an hour. No, it wasn't, and the attendant was still saying, "about a half an hour", so we went to Jurassic Park.

Camp Jurassic and the Pteranodon Flyers were not for us, and we didn't want to get wet, so that meant just the Discovery Center. We did enjoy it, and all the picture opportunities throughout this area. Next, Toon Lagoon-nothing for us there, we just enjoyed walking around. Marvel Super Hero Island, now, that was cool!

We both loved the Spider-Man ride. On my daughter's advice, we skipped Dr. Doom's ride, and neither of us wanted to ride the Storm Force ride either. We rode the Hulk coaster. She loved it, I didn't like it. I felt too battered!

We skipped Dr. Suess completely.

On to Universal Studios! We rode/watched/participated in, in order as best as I can recall: Despicable Me, Rip Ride Rockit, Shrek, Twister, Revenge of the Mummy, Disaster!, Men in Black, The Simpsons (twice), Animal Actors on Location, E.T., and Terminator 2. We used the Express Option whenever the line was over 10 minutes, and it usually was. Despicable Me, for instance, was 40 minutes when we used it.

I loved the Express Option. It was worth every penny, and I wish Disney had a similar program-I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Would we have been able to do all that we did without the Express Option? I doubt it. I wish we could have done the Dragon Challenge. I also would not have minded going on Dr. Doom's ride, but my daughter said it was lame. We missed the parade, and we would have both liked seeing the Blues Brothers, but when we were in the area, the show that was about to start had been cancelled. The next one was much later, so we skipped it, darn. We're both big fans.

So, yes, I suppose it's possible to do both parks in one day...with the Express Option! I don't think we could have done all of them without it.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Glad you had a good time!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #27
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Well I am confident we can do 2 parks in 2 days now , with all I forgot ... managed to do in 1 day !!! I do have a question for you experts.. Where is the best place to buy our 2 day one park tickets , ahead of time or should we just buy them there ???
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #28
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well I am confident we can do 2 parks in 2 days now , with all I forgot ... managed to do in 1 day !!! I do have a question for you experts.. Where is the best place to buy our 2 day one park tickets , ahead of time or should we just buy them there ???
Either Undercover Tourist or through Universal directly. It's better to purchase ahead of time so you aren't standing in the ticket lines. It will save you some time.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #29
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Buy your tickets ahead of time. Why waste time waiting in a line to buy them the day of your arrival?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Either Undercover Tourist or through Universal directly. It's better to purchase ahead of time so you aren't standing in the ticket lines. It will save you some time.
Which is cheaper!! Do you actually get the tickets or do you get a slip that you have to turn in at the ticket booth to get the actual tickets!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: