Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #76
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

We lost a student this year, she was hit crossing the road to get back to her bus stop. She and her siblings were outside waiting and something on the other side caught her attention. When she saw her bus she was afraid shed miss it and tried to run back, sadly she was hit.

I agree that there should be two adults on the bus, but more because around here the children's behavior is out of control.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #77
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

We don't really have school buses here so when I took the bus home I had to walk all the way down the hill, across a busy road, travel for 20 mins on a shock horror public bus and then cross another road and walk up another hill to get home! I was so glad when I started sixth form college and it was much easier.

To answer your question though, I don't see why it's a issue. Maybe I'm just used to travelling on the London buses with a huge mix of total strangers sharing the bus every day.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #78
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Not an issue to me.

If it did bother me, for whatever reason, I'd rearrange my schedule so that I could drive her/pick her up myself.

Back when my oldest was in first grade, she was the last student to arrive in her classroom, because she was on the last bus to arrive. She was shy, and it bothered her that everyone was looking at her when she came in at the last minute. Bothered enough by it to cry. So I made arrangements and drove her, so that she would get there earlier. Then we were both happy.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #79
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Every man is not a molestor waiting to pounce, after being a child abuse investigator I will say most children aremolested by family members, not strangers.
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #80
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
Every man is not a molestor waiting to pounce, after being a child abuse investigator I will say most children aremolested by family members, not strangers.
I am curious what all these people who believe every male of the species is a pervert waiting to pounce think about their husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, and themselves.

If they have jobs where they are around children, or they coach, or they give their kids friends a ride home are they suspicious of their intentions?

Last edited by Allison; 12-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #81
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
I am curious what all these people who believe every male of the species is a pervert waiting to pounce think about their husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, and themselves.

If they have jobs where they are around children, or they coach, or they give their kids friends a ride home are they suspicious of their intentions?
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #82
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
Thank you. It's the people you know, whom you and your kids likely trust, who is statistically much more likely to be the offender, not the proverbial stranger.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: