Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Atlantis Beach Day Excursion - What is the lunch?

I read that when you book through DCL you receive a lunch coupon, what does that entitle?

What is the menu and portion size?

if we need more is it expensive?

I have 3 growing boys that eat a lot! Lets just say I never have to clean the fridge it's always empty...
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
carpenta
DIS Veteran

The coupon is for a meal type which consists of a cheesebuger/fries/dessert, chicken wrap/fries/dessert/, salad plates, chicken nuggets/fries/etc. Most of the foods you get at a shore type resort fast food establishment. The portions are good size and hold you ovver IMO. The food is pretty good. The prices are about $12.00 or so. Ice cream and sodas are also available. You will need a few bucks if you want to rent a locker to put your clothes and shoes into while you swim. I can't speak for what your kids will eat but since you spend most of your time in the water it is fine.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
The coupon is for a meal type which consists of a cheesebuger/fries/dessert, chicken wrap/fries/dessert/, salad plates, chicken nuggets/fries/etc. Most of the foods you get at a shore type resort fast food establishment. The portions are good size and hold you ovver IMO. The food is pretty good. The prices are about $12.00 or so. Ice cream and sodas are also available. You will need a few bucks if you want to rent a locker to put your clothes and shoes into while you swim. I can't speak for what your kids will eat but since you spend most of your time in the water it is fine.

So the drinks are not included?

Do you happen to remember the price of the lockers and would one fit a family of 5? or is it safe to leave our stuff with our chairs?

we will of course bring the minimum...
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

I did the water park day and it was really a waste of money. At least on that one, the wraps were excluded. There was only 1 of the maybe 6 food outlets options actually open and I'm convinced it was the nastiest. (I think had another been open maybe wraps or a salad would have been on the list) I think it was maybe a hot dog, a hamburger or a veggie burger. The drink was included; the ambience was not. The place had other similar things on the menu.....they were just not available with the DCL excursion voucher.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post

So the drinks are not included?

Do you happen to remember the price of the lockers and would one fit a family of 5? or is it safe to leave our stuff with our chairs?

we will of course bring the minimum...
You do get a large fountain drink with your meal. The soda fountain area is out away from the counter so I guess you could re-fill at will. Sorry I forgot that. For the lockers I think it was 3 bucks or so and our family of 3 fit everything into it, bags etc. They do have PLENTY of towels so no need for that. We went in Feb. and all of those little eateries were open and I thought the food was as good as the food they serve on the ship by the pool. I had a great light hearted conversation with the server behind the counter and she was very kind to us..."honey don't worry about nothin'.." I thought it was a great day and we are returning this coming Feb. for our daughter's vacation.

Last edited by carpenta; 12-09-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: add
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Disneyof3
Mother of my 3 angels, heaven blessed me!!!!!
So it was me who had to take the plunge

We did the atlantis park day last year with no food option. Beware that Atlantis is very expensive. We got one small locker, because when we got there, around 10am all the larger lockers were gone. We put only credit cards, passports etc in the locker. We put the towels on our chairs. We ate a large breakfast on the boat prior to going because we had heard about the price of food and drinks. For a hamburger and fries with no drink $10-$12. That is just a rip off in my opinion and worse then WDW. We did the play area and were there until about 4:30pm. We got on the boat around 5-5:30 and ate lunch late due to we had late dinner anyway. Friends of ours went there last year for the week and they said there cheapest meal was all burgers x5 people and it cost them over $100.
WDW12/13
Disneyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
lodge
DIS Veteran

I'd say that's some expensive burgers, but if you try to buy in town, sticker shock will get you worse. Nassau is EXTREMELY expensive for food!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: