Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
jphouse
Mouseketeer

Dolphin Swim - Cozumel or Costa Maya??

Trying to figure out where we should do the Dolphin before it is time to book our excursions is here. I'm looking at the dolphin push, pull and swim at Chankanaab National Park or Dolphin swim in Costa Maya. Which do you recommend? It will be DH, DS11, DD8 and me. I am hoping that they will not be sold out when my time to book is here. 1st DCL cruise.

February 2011 - POP Century......July 2010 - POP Century......March/April 2008 - POP Century......
November 2005 - Offsite...... Spring Break 2004 - Offsite

Last edited by jphouse; 12-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
jphouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphouse View Post
Trying to figure out wear we should do the Dolphin before time to book our excursions is here. I'm looking at the dolphin push, pull and swim at Chankanaab National Park or Dolphin swim in Costa Maya. Which do you recommend? It will be DH, DS11, DD8 and me. I am hoping that they will not be sold out when my time to book is here. 1st DCL cruise.
i would really research anything such as this in Costa Maya very carefully....its a nice place but for the most part very undeveloped...going to the beach, driving dune buggy's, tours are fine (we did the dune buggy's to the beach on our Fantasy WC cruise) but the parasailing, dolphin swims, etc i recommend you check out...
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
jennab05
Mouseketeer

We did the dolphins at chankanaab park in Cozumel and it was a lot of fun. I like how the park admission is included and you're free to look around after the excursion. The only thing I didn't like was the outrageous price for a photo cd. I wanted just a single photo of the dolphin and I but they didn't offer that I had to buy a cd for a ton of money so no thanks. There's also a place to eat inside the park if you couldn't get back to the ship and it was fair priced if I remember correct.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
vtdoglover
Earning My Ears

We did the dolphinexcursion through Disney in Costa Maya in October and it was a great experience. Dolphin Discovery is right in the port area, so you do not need to take transportation anywhere. Anyone that is with you can come watch without having to pay an additional fee. They were great about letting our family take pictures of everything as well. There is a saltwater pool right in port as well that we spent the rest of the afternoon at - no charge to use....
vtdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Mel2421
Mouseketeer

We did Chankanaab and loved it.

The dolpin experience was incredible and the place is beautiful. We also went out to the beach afterwards and had an amazing drink served in a pinapple and had some chicken quesadillas that we sooo yummy! They have huge grass umbrellas so you can relax without getting to much sun. The price of the CD for 2 people was $109 which was high, but the pics are beautiful. I had read that they sold individual pics but I am not sure I didn't even ask I just bought the CD.
AS Sports/Movies Sept 2008
Pop June 2010
Disney Magic Dec. 2012
Disney Wonder Dec. 2013
Pop Aug 2014
Mel2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
lbm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdoglover View Post
We did the dolphinexcursion through Disney in Costa Maya in October and it was a great experience. Dolphin Discovery is right in the port area, so you do not need to take transportation anywhere. Anyone that is with you can come watch without having to pay an additional fee. They were great about letting our family take pictures of everything as well. There is a saltwater pool right in port as well that we spent the rest of the afternoon at - no charge to use....
The location is definitely convenient and while you can walk around in Cozumel, when I was in Costa Maya last year (Celebrity) nothing outside the port's mall was in walking distance.
DCL Dream September 2012
lbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: