Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #61
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran
 
Caroline NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 933

Many thanks for the detailed review of DLP Shussh. If we ever get to go in the future I will remember your well thought out comments on the pros and cons
__________________
From New Zealand.
May 2009 First family trip to Disneyland - we had an amazing time
May 2011 - Disneyland - another awesome holiday Included San Diego and San Francisco
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #62
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

shushh Thank you so much for your update it truly is beautiful and those photos just managed to get me excited about Europe and DLP love the room pictures as well nice to see the layout
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #63
Minniemum
DIS Veteran
 
Minniemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 583

Shushh I thought your honest summary and comparison of DLP to the others parks was wonderful. Glad you had a fantastic time.
__________________
DH Me DD (13) DS (10)

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #64
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,096

Loving your tr so far. I'm so jealous. I can't see your pics properly on the iPhone so will go back on Tuesday and have a good look properly on the computer.

Boy have you got a lot of pumpkin catching up to do when you get home, too
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #65
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran
 
Aussie Wendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 1,376

Shushh thanks for such detail. Your sentiments seem to echo all the TR I have read on the Paris site though the state of the loos hasn't come up quite as often -helpfully noted thank you! Since we will be slumming it at Hotel Cheyenne it will be interesting also to compare. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal at Inventions as given the price, I have read a few recent reports who say it is not a "great" meal and that character interaction, as you noted, has been declining significantly over the past 6 months. Walts also has reasonably good reviews and it sounds like you confirm these-still not sure I can persuade my DH to spend our Euros here though. You also confirm other reports about Blue Lagoon I have read. I have Blue Lagoon and Walts down as "?" and Beaver Creek at Sequoia. I also would quite like to do Restaurant des Stars with Remy if its open and Agrabah Cafe. Was it easy making bookings on arrival? Have loved hearing all about Paris and DLP and seeing the pics. Your children are so good!!! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and I look forward to reading along!
__________________
Disneyland 84, 89, 97; WDW Xmas 2008; DLR & NYC June 2011; TDR April 2012; DLP May 2013; WDW & USF/IOA Oct 2014
TR DLR, NY and more July 2011
TR Japan 2012
TR Exploration Europe 2013
TR Rides and Rocks 2014
Me DH DD:
Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #66
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
thanks so much for the awesome report on paris DL......the photos were brill.....hope things get a tad warmer as you go along but I doubt it

keep blogging, as I'm enjoying seeing the cold as we have 39 degrees here at the moment and its not nice!
11 degress today in the south of france and it feels hot! I don't think I could handle 39 degrees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Note to self.....remember to hold it in when in France. There is no where to go for a decent restroom stop.

Thanks for the update. I really want to go to Europe and have a side trip to Paris DL. But I'll have to make sure I tell DH about the "pit-falls" after we get there.
I make the pitfalls sound terrible but its all relative I suppose! I am scarred by my toilet experiences in China so everything else never seem so bad! There are toilets which are ok within the park, they are usually the ones that are more hidden and further away, ie...not convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
Many thanks for the detailed review of DLP Shussh. If we ever get to go in the future I will remember your well thought out comments on the pros and cons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
shushh Thank you so much for your update it truly is beautiful and those photos just managed to get me excited about Europe and DLP love the room pictures as well nice to see the layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Shushh I thought your honest summary and comparison of DLP to the others parks was wonderful. Glad you had a fantastic time.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Loving your tr so far. I'm so jealous. I can't see your pics properly on the iPhone so will go back on Tuesday and have a good look properly on the computer.

Boy have you got a lot of pumpkin catching up to do when you get home, too
I do have a lot of pumkin catching up! I tried the other day but I'm usually so tired at the end of the day and the blog takes a lot of effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
Shushh thanks for such detail. Your sentiments seem to echo all the TR I have read on the Paris site though the state of the loos hasn't come up quite as often -helpfully noted thank you! Since we will be slumming it at Hotel Cheyenne it will be interesting also to compare. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal at Inventions as given the price, I have read a few recent reports who say it is not a "great" meal and that character interaction, as you noted, has been declining significantly over the past 6 months. Walts also has reasonably good reviews and it sounds like you confirm these-still not sure I can persuade my DH to spend our Euros here though. You also confirm other reports about Blue Lagoon I have read. I have Blue Lagoon and Walts down as "?" and Beaver Creek at Sequoia. I also would quite like to do Restaurant des Stars with Remy if its open and Agrabah Cafe. Was it easy making bookings on arrival? Have loved hearing all about Paris and DLP and seeing the pics. Your children are so good!!! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and I look forward to reading along!
I don't think Hotel Cheyenne is slumming it...the hotels are all by the lake and I actually thought it would be a pleasant walk towards the park through the Disney Village in good weather. Albeit perhaps a little long after a full day at the park. To be honest, the Disneyland Hotel looks pretty but we paid a lot for location. Something which isn't a necessity if you don't have young children. For a hotel that is so expensive, it is lacking a lot. No tea/coffee facilities in room, no ability to get paid wifi in room. The staff got the opening times of the parks wrong!

I have to say that getting 15% off all the meals helped. Otherwise, I don't know if my reviews would have been as positive We were travelling at low season so I had no difficulties getting the reservations that I wanted. We even changed one on the day. I don't know if May is considered high season, perhaps best to check on the Paris subforum?!

Thank you for your kind words by the way. I remember you mentioning that you thought the children were good during our last trip! We are very grateful that they are good travelers. They like being on planes, trains and automobiles, are prepared to be adventurous with food, have relatively good stamina, and are quite good at sleeping whenever and whereever. The older 2 are getting to a point where they are taking a real interest in the places that we are visiting which is lovely. It makes it easier for us as parents to visit attractions like museums and the like. Jonah is a handful though and is a challenge...still waiting for him to improve big time!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #67
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Driving to Carcassonne
http://deliriouslydemented.blogspot....ois-train.html
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #68
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Carcassonne and Montpellier
http://deliriouslydemented.blogspot....ntpellier.html
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #69
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

Great update, Shushhh! Your driving stories reminded me of some of our " interesting" driving experiences in Europe . Carcassonne looks just beautiful!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #70
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,968

Love your pictures of Carcassonne. Does the game resemble the real town?
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #71
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

Magical. I want to come and join you. Waiting for the next instalment. Have a churro for me
__________________
]
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #72
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran
 
Aussie Wendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 1,376

Hats off to Malcolm-I can imagine my DH having a melt down facing the narrow streets in the bigger van-and "we'd better not be doing this anywhere else" glare at me! Luckily only being 3 we have always hired small cars and at times that's been a challenge! Love the pics of Carcassonne - such a beautiful place and being winter it looks quiet cw the hordes in mid summer. Churros (and crepes) yum!
__________________
Disneyland 84, 89, 97; WDW Xmas 2008; DLR & NYC June 2011; TDR April 2012; DLP May 2013; WDW & USF/IOA Oct 2014
TR DLR, NY and more July 2011
TR Japan 2012
TR Exploration Europe 2013
TR Rides and Rocks 2014
Me DH DD:
Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #73
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Great update, Shushhh! Your driving stories reminded me of some of our " interesting" driving experiences in Europe . Carcassonne looks just beautiful!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Carcassonne was a lot of fun and very pretty. Interesting is a good word to describe the driving experience! I think hubby would have chosen a different adjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love your pictures of Carcassonne. Does the game resemble the real town?
The picture on the cover does! It is a tile laying game, where you have to try and score points based on cities built, area farmed, roads built etc. The city tiles does resemble part of the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Magical. I want to come and join you. Waiting for the next instalment. Have a churro for me
I had three just for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
Hats off to Malcolm-I can imagine my DH having a melt down facing the narrow streets in the bigger van-and "we'd better not be doing this anywhere else" glare at me! Luckily only being 3 we have always hired small cars and at times that's been a challenge! Love the pics of Carcassonne - such a beautiful place and being winter it looks quiet cw the hordes in mid summer. Churros (and crepes) yum!
Sigh...its always our challenge with 3 kids. How I wished we could fit in a smaller car! We pack as lightly as we can but I don't think we can get away with any less.

Going in winter has its pros and cons. It was really nice being to explore at your own pace with no one else around you, to feel like you have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy it peacefully. BUT...at least half the shops were closed up for the winter.
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #74
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Aigues mortes, Camargue and Arles
http://deliriouslydemented.blogspot....unce-that.html
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #75
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

I love a base when traveling with the kids. Can't wait to see what adventures you have from here. Thanks for the Churro's. Loved the photo of you. You look very relaxed.
__________________
]
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.