Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

If I were at Walt Disney World today, I would...

Here's a fun thread idea. If you were at Walt Disney World today, what would you do? Would you try out the new Fantasyland? Would you avoid that park and go to another one instead? Where would you eat? Where would you stay? Would you want to be there with your SO, entire family, best friend, extended family, someone else, or all alone? On this day, if you were at Walt Disney World, what would you do?

Personally, I would like to be at WDW by myself on a day like today. I would not be going to Magic Kingdom and leave that for another day when crowds have died down. Instead, I would head straight to Epcot. I would enjoy Soarin', Living With The Land, Imagination, explore The Seas, and go on Spaceship Earth. I would enjoy lunch at Cantina de San Angel and ride Maelstrom. From there, I would hop on the boat and head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster would be my first stop. Then, I would ride Great Movie Ride making sure to take the time to look at the hand prints outside the theater. From there, One Man's Dream and, if the wait isn't too long, I would check out the new Pirates attraction. Muppet Vision 3D, supper at Sci Fi, and off to Fantasmic to end my day! Then, back to my resort of choice which today is Polynesian.

And you?

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I would like to go to AK by myself and really enjoy it. No one in my family is interested in touring the "zoo-type" exhibits, just rushing through the rides and the shows. I really like the atmosphere and would love to just wander through at my own pace, check out Rafiki's Planet Watch and the trails, eat some yummy BBQ when I get hungry, hit a few rides by fastpass, take a ton of pictures, and see the Lion King and Nemo shows.
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Let's see.

I'd stay at Wilderness lodge. I want to see that with the Christmas decorations.
I would definitely want to check out the new fantasy land.
I would not be eating in the park. Magic kingdom has absolutely crappy food.
I'd ride buzz lightyear, POTC and Haunted Mansion over and over. they are my favorite rides.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....I would buy a cheese-filled pretzel from the Lunching Pad and ride the Wedway People Mover while enjoying it!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
...I would definitely want to check out the new fantasy land.
I would not be eating in the park. Magic kingdom has absolutely crappy food...
...apparently, you've never indulged in a cinnamon-sweet cheese-filled pretzel from the Lunching Pad....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Hardy
Mouseketeer

I would definitely head to Epcot and wander through the world showcase, checking out all of the fun little details in each country, shopping in the stores...checking out the attractions (movies etc) in each one.

Pop Century/Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - June 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) August 2012
Old Key West - August 2011
Beach Club Villas - January 2011
Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) and our 1st visit to Hogwarts! - October 2010
All Star Music/Saratoga Springs/Pop Century - March 2009
Caribbean Beach - October 2008
Port Orleans Riverside - October 2005
Offsite as a kid (what were my parents thinking?)
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

I'd love to be in DHS, walking down Sunset Boulevard, hearing some Christmas tunes from the 30s and 40s. I was listening to the Christmas station on Pandora last night and they broke out some from that period, like Glenn Miller's version of "Winter Wonderland," and I thought how cool it would be to be in DHS listening to that.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
I would definitely head to Epcot and wander through the world showcase, checking out all of the fun little details in each country, shopping in the stores...checking out the attractions (movies etc) in each one.
Absolutely my thoughts too! I would also choose to eat in one or two of the showcase restaruants my picky DH and kids would never eat at.

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

eating at earl of sandwich, and then doing some shopping. I would also hit MK to see the new fantasy land and then I would find the best cupcake on property.
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Today, my niece & nephew are going to the Magic Kingdom for the first time & I would just love follow them around to see their faces when they see everything.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
dyna
DIS Veteran

I would not do MK today much to crowded. I think I'd do AK today as it is usally the recommended park for Thursday. An I want to see the Christmas afternoon parade at AK. Not been to AK in a long time I live local an have AP, besides the weather is perfect for AK today.

If I had the energy once AK closed I'd hop over to to Epcot see the CP an Illuminations
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I wish I could snap my fingers and be there right now. If I could you would find me at Epcot somewhere in the world showcase checking out all of the holiday things that they have right now. I would also ride the new Text Track sometime during the day.

Later today I would head back to the Poly to have dinner at Kona Cafe, my all time favorite place to relax and eat.

Then, depending on if the monorail was back in service since it has been down today, I would ride back over to Epcot for Illuminations.

Tomorrow morning I would hit the Magic Kingdom! have lunch at Crystal Palace and just enjoy the day.

I wanna gooooooo!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Fantasyland is a bit overrated. We were there at Thanksgiving time. It was nice, just good. It was not better than any other area of MK.

Just my opinion. No flames, please! Thank you!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
Fantasyland is a bit overrated. We were there at Thanksgiving time. It was nice, just good. It was not better than any other area of MK.

WHAT?

J/k.... You are entitled to that opinion.
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post

I have to agree with you from seeing the videos of it. I still can't wait to see it all in person though. It looks really pretty.Hopefully i will see it soon! I am most excited about the Snow White Mine Train, or what ever they are gonna call it, but we have a while until it opens.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: