Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
anolen300
Mouseketeer

Who has been first week of December?

Thinking about going first week of Dec next year. Does anyone know if Pop Warner has big effect on parks? I know the 2013 dates for it haven't been announced but knowing our luck it will be that first week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
anolen300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
pinkviolet
Earning My Ears

We Were they a couple of years ago when Pop was there, we didn't find any thing wrong , in fact we r going back Dec 1-11 2013. We have been there several diffrent times of the year and like this time the best. Well... really , is there a bad time of the year for Disney? lol
pinkviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
MandeeLeigh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anolen300
Thinking about going first week of Dec next year. Does anyone know if Pop Warner has big effect on parks? I know the 2013 dates for it haven't been announced but knowing our luck it will be that first week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
We went the first week of December last year - didn't notice the Pop Warner kids at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
JessM
We all have a dream

I was there this past weekend with the Pop Warner kids and they didn't bother me at all. One time that weekend we had a few on BTMRR yelling but all in good fun. I have been that week around 10 times and very few times have I have any issues with them, most of the time sadly its the parents not the kids that get to me. Early December is my favorite time to go don't worry about Pop Warner go and have fun!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Pop Warner has minimal impact on the parks. It's only a factor if you stay at the same resort as them. This year, they are at All Stars, CBR and CSR.

With Thanksgiving falling so late next year, however, they likely will not be there the first full week of December. They will likely begin to arrive 12/7 and leave the following Saturday.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Here this week which is Pop Warner. We have definitely seen some groups of cheerleaders in the parks but certainly it has not been an issue. Overall I feel like this week has been low crowds and perfect weather!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
wdwemployee
Earning My Ears

i work at one of the resorts...not busy at all.
wdwemployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

We noticed Pop Warner attendees on the buses quite a bit, and around the value resorts (AS Sports, obviously). In the parks the impact was less noticable. It's a good time to go otherwise (though when we went in 2010 it was FREEZING COLD the entire week).
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandeeLeigh View Post
We went the first week of December last year - didn't notice the Pop Warner kids at all.
I was there at the same time. I did see them, mostly in MK, but they were not a problem at all.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo
We noticed Pop Warner attendees on the buses quite a bit, and around the value resorts (AS Sports, obviously). In the parks the impact was less noticable. It's a good time to go otherwise (though when we went in 2010 it was FREEZING COLD the entire week).
Me too! Burr...

Regarding Pop Warner, as the PPs have said, unless you're at one the resorts they're based at, they aren't really that noticeable. We had lunch at PoR (I think) and it was the moderate that they were using that year and we saw lots of cheer leading groups there, but that was pretty much the only time we saw lots of them at once. I wouldn't change my vacation plans because of Pop Warner (unless you were thinking of staying at one of their resorts, in which case it might be hard to get a room).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

We love that week. We really have never noticed Pop Warner people. We stay deluxe, so we don't see them around the hotel and have never been bothered in the parks.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
bandit90
Mouseketeer

Went this year and last year first week of December and besides the cheerleaders doing loud cheers while walking through the parks or parading around the hotel, it's been fine. We stayed at Pop Century, while I believe got the overflow this year because there was a lot of groups and a sign for Pop Warner check in.
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

We have been here all week, and have seen some of the kids, but it has no impact at all. You'll notice the Brazilian much more, but just go in the opposite direction.
We were also here in 2010, and yep, it was COLD!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
castleri
DIS Veteran

Did not have any issues with the groups we saw in the parks during the day but do think they added to the crowd level on Monday night at the EMH at Magic Kingdom. Around parade and wishes time the park was as bad as NYE around the hub and main street was closed between the parades for leaving the park because so many people we coming in , so got to do the backstage way out to the other end. During the day I do not think it was an issue at all and really found that apparently many families with young children have also decided that the first week in Dec is the time to go because it seemed busier than other years. The Pop Warner kids did not really impact any of the ride experiences other than being a little loud and giggly at times . Didn;t see any line hopping or rudeness from them at all.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Here now and crowd levels are not that bad. Wait times are 20minutes or so on most rides. pop Warner kids start slithering out in the evenings and become more visible in the afternoon after Tuesday as they get eliminated. Cheerleaders unfortunately are out more. God help you if you're at an allstar resort and plan to enjoy your resort time.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: