Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

Kitchen Aid box needed

Does anyone know where I can get a Kitchen Aid box? One of the men here is getting his wife a trip to Vegas for Christmas and she has said that she wants a Kitchen Aid mixer so he wants to put it in that box. They have never been to Vegas or anywhere alone without the kids, they never even had a honeymoon. Any suggestions?
lynn71092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092
Does anyone know where I can get a Kitchen Aid box? One of the men here is getting his wife a trip to Vegas for Christmas and she has said that she wants a Kitchen Aid mixer so he wants to put it in that box. They have never been to Vegas or anywhere alone without the kids, they never even had a honeymoon. Any suggestions?
Um...... Maybe ask a store if they have the display box?
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
I don't know where to tell you to get a box but he can always buy one, take out the mixer and put the surprise in it.
He can also give her the mixer after she opens the real surprise?
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092
He could always buy her a small Kitchen Aid and tell her he thought it was the right one... Like a hand mixer. Or buy one and just return it I guess?
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Maybe ask a neighbor, sometimes people keep boxes. Just a thought.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I'm sure she'd be thrilled with a trip to Vegas but if she really wants a mixer, she'll be sad to see the box and think she's received one and she won't. I'd suggest a different box. But that's coming from someone who really wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
Um...... Maybe ask a store if they have the display box?
I would think they would want the box for when they do sell the display model.
lynn71092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I'm sure she'd be thrilled with a trip to Vegas but if she really wants a mixer, she'll be sad to see the box and think she's received one and she won't. I'd suggest a different box. But that's coming from someone who really wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer.
This is kinda what I was thinking. As awesome as a vacation is, it is kinda mean to trick her. I would be a little up-set at my husband if he did that.

Although, I did see these cute joke boxes at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday.
They were these exact boxes but they were only $5 at BBB. I almost got the slippers one for a present for my husband but I was too cheap to pay $5, lol.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/c61...FUeRPAodmR4A5g
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

I wouldn't put it in the box of something she really wanted. The real fun is when you put the surprise in a box of something that makes you think, "what the heck" when you unwrap it.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
jeepgirl30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I really want a kitchenaid mixer too! A trip to vegas? Not so much! I will be going a few times next year with work so it wouldn't be such a thrill. I agree with another pp that said maybe get the mixer also.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
If my husband did this to me, I'd be happy about the trip, but I'd probably hit him over the head with the kitchenaid box and then go out and buy myself one just to show him how MEAN of a trick that was.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
I wouldn't put it in the box of something she really wanted. The real fun is when you put the surprise in a box of something that makes you think, "what the heck" when you unwrap it.
My crazy ex-girlfriend would do this. One Christmas I opened a gift to find a box for a shoe-shine kit. I'm thinking 'I wonder what's inside...it even smells like shoe polish'. Guess what it was?

A shoe-shine kit.

I don't even own any leather shoes.

That was the year it appeared she had just dashed through a Rite-Aid on Christmas Eve.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post

I don't think tricking her with something she wants is going to go over real well.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just not a good idea Everyone I know who has a mixer is really passionate about it (I know I pined for one for YEARS, and it's been my favorite appliance since I got mine), so even if I'd be excited about going to Vegas, I'd be kinda pissed that he got my hopes up about something I really really want.

I'd advise him to use a different box... like, for something she'd never want -- like a Snuggie or something of that nature. That'd be a much better surprise!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

How about buying the mixer , along with the trip? That would really be exciting.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: