Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Cold71
Mouseketeer

Dis Unplugged segment idea

Hello everyone, I have an idea for a Dis Unplugged segment. Let me first start of by introducing myself and explaining what made me think of this. My name is Matt, I’m 27 years old and I currently live in Baltimore, MD. My wife Ashley and I recently found out that we are expecting our first child next July and we are both very excited. Several months ago we booked our 2013 Disney World vacation (prior to getting pregnant) and my wife is a bit bummed about her not being able to enjoy the full experience that Disney has to offer. While in some regards this is true as she won't be able to toss down a few drinks or get on some of the rides at 6 months pregnant. I'm trying to still let her know that there are plenty of things she will enjoy including some of her favorite rides. I know some of you are probably thinking why we don't just push the trip back. We have talked about this but are trying to avoid doing so if possible as we were able to obtain round trip airfare for this vacation that cost us nothing that unfortunately is non-refundable. On that note, I’d really like to see a segment on what it's like to go to Disney World pregnant. The things you can and cannot do, etc. I'm hoping this might make my wife and any other family’s out there in the same situation as us feel just a little bit better about their next vacation. Thanks!
Cold71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Congratulations!! I am pretty sure we did some segments when Julie was pregnant. You might want to look in the archives.

I know when my daughter went to WDW we rode a lot of benches while others were on the ride. There is still plenty to do in the parks while pregnant but don't over do it.

You didn't say what time of the year you are going?

Kathy
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Cold71
Mouseketeer

Thank you Kathy! I'll definitely look for those. Luckily she's not too much of a ride person but I'd really like to see her get on her favorites if she can, Buzz Lightyear (I figure this might be ok as long as we don't spin it too much) and Toy Story Mania. We will be down there in early April.
Cold71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: