Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Red face Yak & Yeti - Thoughts?

I've never given much thought to the Yak & Yeti, but I just looked at their menu on Allears.net, and it seems pretty interesting. I'd like some opinions from those who have been. How is it? Good atmosphere? Worth using a credit on?

TIA!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
TinkandGoofy'sMom
Mouseketeer

Yak&Yeti is one of our favourites! We have been a few times, and always had excellent, fresh food and great service. I always get the steak and shrimp combo, but the rest of my family have enjoyed a variety of other items. The egg rolls and pot stickers are amazing! I would certainly give it a try. We usually schedule it for lunch on our AK day. With morning EMH we can get everything done and then relax and have a nice break at lunch.

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

Had lunch there in 2011. Had the baby back ribs. YUM. Will definitely go back again.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD9 DD5
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
owl0306
Mouseketeer

it used to be my fav until last trip. awful service, food was served cold and tasted awful.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
MICKFan
MICKFan

Don't mean to hijack your thread.....but, I was wondering about Breakfast there. How is it?
MICKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have dined here twice and haven't been impressed. The first time I had the pho which has been removed from the menu now. Worst pho I've ever had in my life, anywhere.

The second time I had lo mein and it had no flavor. None. The portion was huge; 6 adults could have shared it. My husband had the ribs. He thought they were edible but he wouldn't go so far as to say they were good. Again, it was a huge platter.

Four of us shared the green bean appetizer. It was okay but not as good as PF Changs. However, it was better than the entrees.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Collette
Mouseketeer

I have dined there once. Had the steak and shrimp combination, green bean appetizer and won ton dessert. It was good. Atmosphere was okay.

There are so many other places I like better or new places I want to try that I probably won't be going back. But if there is something that interests you, it might be worth a try.
Collette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We rarely use a TS credit inside AK (preferring to do dinner at AKL that evening). But we have eaten there once a couple of years ago. It was fine- we've definitely had worse. On threads like this you'll get lots of votes pro and lots of votes con. IMO, if a place looks interesting to you then you should just try it and see for yourself!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

I don't generally like Asian food and I loved it so much that it is one place I insisted we go back to on this trip.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Quin
DIS Veteran

IMHO Yak&Yeti has one of the most extensive menus on property and is a lovely location. It has some basic fast-food Chinese options (lo mein, sweet&sour, bourbon chicken) and most people who order them report disappointment that that's exactly what they got and that they can get it at home better/cheaper. But to me the whole point of the restaurant (OK, of most restaurants at WDW) is to get something you CAN'T get at home. Last year DH enjoyed the duck and I loved the maple tamarind chicken. The fried wonton dessert is crazy good. If the menu interests you, go for it. The decor is neat; lots of authentic furnishings, carvings, sculptures etc everywhere. Seating upstairs, I think, is quieter. It make a nice break during an AK day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKFan View Post
Don't mean to hijack your thread.....but, I was wondering about Breakfast there. How is it?
Yak&Yeti TS does not serve breakfast. They have a single menu for lunch through park close.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Absolutely worth it....we've been there twice, loved our food both times!

enjoy!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We have dined here about 5 times and have always enjoyed it.

DH and I always split the beef and broccoli with jasmine rice and sweet and sour chicken with brown rice. The Yak Attack is one of my favorite drinks in all of WDW. We don't usually order dessert when we eat out, but I have to get the wontons when we dine here. They are so different and delicious!

The service has always been good too, no complaints there.

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

I just ate the 2 weeks ago and thought it was good but pricey. The portion seemed small for the money, but was still satisfied with the meal. On the dining plan, it seems like a good bet. It should be noted that yak and yeti does not accept tables in wonderland.
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
msp2mco
Mouseketeer

We've eaten there twice, and we probably won't be back. The first time was incredibly cold on a very hot day in the parks. The food was okay. The second time just seemed incredibly expensive for what we ate. There are better options.
msp2mco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #15
anelson81993
Mouseketeer

My parents ate there Wednesday, for lunch, and weren't impressed (they had loved it last year). My dad had bourbon chicken, my mom had beef and broccoli, and my sister had shrimp lo mein. My dad didn't really enjoy his, and no one liked the shrimp lo mein at all (thought it just tasted off, had too many vegetables and not enough noodles/sauce/shrimp/flavor in general). My mom's beef and broccoli was okay (not bad, but not something she'd have to go back for either). However, they did bring back rave reviews about the desserts: my sister liked the cheesecake and my parents loved the cream cheese wontons.
Hope this helps!
anelson81993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: