Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #76
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenskeSth1 View Post
Just got off the Fantasy and booked this cruise on the first day! We are already excited, will be Dh, myself DS (15) and DD (23) we have connecting portal rooms on Deck 8. We will def be in for the F.E exchange.
Penskesth1

We are also sailing with our DD (23) DGS (2 1/2 at time of sailing) and are also in connecting porthole rooms on Deck 8!

This time next year, we'll be enjoying our first sea day
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

Hey Everyone, and welcome to all the new people!

Sorry I have been MIA recently :-) WORK WORK WORK...and a little bit of Disneyland mixed in!

still so excited for this trip, I am going to start looking at WDW hotels etc. now. Less than a year away sounds so much better than more than a year away!

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #78
Disneylandfanatic

I spent last night experimenting with FE gifts and I had so much fun.... Spending today at a NorCal pin trading event to sell some custom shadow boxes I make for Disney pins... Then I'm goin to hobby lobby to get more supplies for the FE gifts. I figure I will do one craft a month for the cruise... By the time the date comes around, my door the gifts and everything will be perfect! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Completed:

Old 01-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #79
cflmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic
I spent last night experimenting with FE gifts and I had so much fun.... Spending today at a NorCal pin trading event to sell some custom shadow boxes I make for Disney pins... Then I'm goin to hobby lobby to get more supplies for the FE gifts. I figure I will do one craft a month for the cruise... By the time the date comes around, my door the gifts and everything will be perfect! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
How many of each are you making? I'd like to get started but have no idea how many gifts to make. Plus I have waaaay too many ideas floating in my head!
2011 - Disney Magic 7-night Eastern Carribean
2011 - Disney World Florida (Hollywood Studios)
2012 - Disney World Florida (Animal Kingdom)
2012 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
2012 - Disney World Florida (Epcot)
2012 - Disney World Florida (MNSSHP)
2014 - Disney World Florida (Magic Kingdom)
2014 - Disney Fantasy 7-night Western Carribean
cflmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #80
Disneylandfanatic

Well so far I have enough for probably 10 staterooms. I really just wanted to see how these were going to work. They came out really cute! Good thing is they are easy to recreate so when we do get the final count I will be able to mass produce :-) next month I will be working on my door decorations! I am planning on making cricut designs.

Completed:

Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #81
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

I think I will be on this cruise for my first cruise ever . We are looking over it :D

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Magic Cruise
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #82
Disneylandfanatic

Pikezh638 welcome, if you have any questions feel free to ask... A lot of experienced cruisers on here :-)

Completed:

Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #83
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Pikezh638 welcome, if you have any questions feel free to ask... A lot of experienced cruisers on here :-)
That could be a dangerous thing to offer... I have tons of questions

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Magic Cruise
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #84
Kabuli1
DIS Veteran

Hi! Sorry I have been awol since I first signed in. I am nervous that I wont be able to pull this off. My guy friend is very leery about going - cost ya know. So I am biting my nails for the next several months hoping that it will work out! I am hoping to get Old Key West 11 months out for the 31st - DVC Member. It is my 60th birthday the 31st and am hoping all my kids will join me there. But it will just be my guy and me on the cruise. We are all the way aft and center on deck 8. sounds like there are several of us in the aft.

Very excited, yesterday my DD, DSIL and I booked 2/11/13 on the 5 day Western Carib on the Wonder out of Miami! Got a great last minute qty rate! That means I will finally be Gold for our Fantasy western fantasy.

Karyn
Kabuli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #85
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikezh638 View Post
I think I will be on this cruise for my first cruise ever . We are looking over it :D
Pikezh638
Glad to have you sailing with us
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #86
Disneylandfanatic

We have less than twelve months til we sail....so ask away, all we have is time, my offer still stands :-) and I love getting an alert on my phone that there is a new post in this thread (a little stockerish...maybe, but after working all day and then looking at my phone and seeing a message from disboards,it reminds me that I have this to look forward to!)

On another topic...for all you castaway club members (jealous), what are the "tastings" like on the ship? I only have experience with NCL tastings, which are always AWESOME! Usually around $15.00 bucks, get to try maybe 4 different drinks, they are usually on sea days, show up in the "Freestyle" and you just show up to whatever bar is putting it on. I was purusing the boards and saw that someone said you have to book these on DCL almost as soon as you board!?!?!? is that the case, not a big deal, just would like to know :-)

I think by the end of this month we are going to upgrade the stateroom to a cat 5C...just talked to the TA about it and it isn't THAT much more to do the upgrade, and the BF is all into it now and wants that plexiglass balcony LOL. She also said that they are expecting to be able to book 2014 WDW mid 2013, plus reservations will have to be made for dining 6 months in advance (those dates are going into the planner NOW) For all you WDW veterans, any dining tips??? I am currently interested in the new Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland (I guess the name is drawing me in :-)).

Anyway that was my big post for the evening LOL...School starts back up for me next week which means a lot of WORK. Since i commute 2 hours a day to and from though, I will still have time to kill on these boards.

Completed:

Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #87
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

On our 14 day cruise there were tons of tastings. All on sea days. We had 8 of them. I didn't sign up right after boarding. I booked them the day before. However, it was an 8 sea day trip so lots of opportunities. They ranged in price from $15-25. I did 2..Mojito and Hawaiian drink tastings. Each was $20 each and we got 5 drinks. Really fun. They had all kinds of tastings...mixed drinks, martini, champagne, wine, various liqueur, etc.

The dining options at WDW seem overwhelming. We are going to WDW in June. I have booked Coral Reef and Ohana so far and want to book Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I'm not doing a dining plan. Counter service will be fun.

In January I think we will just do counter service. I have no idea where I'm staying though. Have to wait for my 6 month (DVC) window. I want to get a studio in the boardwalk area but I don't have high hopes.

What cat are you in now? I'm in a 7A.

Welcome to the new people!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #88
Disneylandfanatic

I am currently in an 11C! LOL so the upgrade to the 5C will be NICE.

Tastings sound great, I will keep my eye out for the info once we board and book them accordingly, in the past we attended a few with ppl we met prior on an online forum and had a great time! It might be fun to meet up at one of these.

Completed:

Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #89
BonnieJG
Earning My Ears

Activity is beginning to pick up on this thread! Welcome to the newer people!

We are doing WDW prior to the cruise and we did do the Deluxe Dining Plan. My DS has made the list already on where we're eating and what day! His calendar is marked for when reservations open in July! We're going to be in Downtown Disney on New Year's Eve and I was wondering what dining do you all recommend. Has anyone eaten at the T-Rex Restaurant there?
BonnieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #90
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic
I am currently in an 11C! LOL so the upgrade to the 5C will be NICE.

Tastings sound great, I will keep my eye out for the info once we board and book them accordingly, in the past we attended a few with ppl we met prior on an online forum and had a great time! It might be fun to meet up at one of these.
The 7As are clear plexiglass. There's usually a partial obstruction at the top or bottom. Mine is at the top.

I wish the newer ships had true navigator verandahs. I am going to miss my cozy bench on the Wonder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: