Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #436
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflmom View Post

We tried for Be Our Guest, but there was nothing available. I booked at The Crystal Palace but will keep trying for the other one.

We've seen Illuminations and enjoyed it and T-Rex was awesome!
We saw it last month and loved it! After it was over my son exclaimed, "Again Again!" So back we go, lol. He has an issue with loud houses so I book La Hacienda so we can watch it behind glass.

The loud noise issue is why I'm concerned about T-Rex. I showed him a video though and he seemed ok with it.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #437
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hummm getting a little concerned about how to do WDW prior to the trip. Do you think we can arrive at dusk and still get in to see the holiday decorations? I hear the parks are crowded and can be at capacity by the afternoon. Then they don't let people in. We are going Jan 1-4.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 07-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #438
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

Do you have access to touring plans? I can look up your dates and tell you the "crowd prediction" for the days you are going.

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #439
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Do you have access to touring plans? I can look up your dates and tell you the "crowd prediction" for the days you are going.
I don't use them. When I check crowd calendars all I get is high. I bet it will be! What did you find?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #440
Disneylandfanatic

I will have to look when I get home later for you. I will say that my date are as low as the crowd calendar can get :-) we are talking 1-3 out of 10 for all my days, which will be really nice. I'll look for you and post it later though :-)

Completed:

Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #441
Kabuli1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the good wishes, fanatic.

luv2, the crowds really diminish after the holidays, I have been there the first week of Jan and it really isn't bad especially if you are just there to see the lights. It is SO beautiful with the castle all done up with the icicle lights - breathtaking! Just head on over there when you get there. Capacity is usually only reached on the big holidays which would be 12/31 not 1/1! And don't miss Wishes - my favorite fireworks - be sure to watch it from Main Street.

We got to eat at Be Our Guest for dinner last time, it was wonderful! They do allow a few walk-ins every seating - emphasis on A FEW!!! Expect to wait, maybe hours, if you want to try for that.

I won't do any really early ADRs this time - except maybe California Grill, I usually start looking for dining a few weeks ahead. During the holidays they have higher prices in place and I like to avoid that.

Looks like we won't be flying out before 1/2, I had wanted to have my 60th bday at WDW (12/31) but my kids can't make it down there - so will celebrate with them and then fly down. Don't know where we will stay now, and will release my reservations at OKW soon. I may just bunk at my daughter's!

Arghh! I am so late for work!

Karyn
Kabuli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #442
Disneylandfanatic

I just looked at the touring plans for the 1-3, high crowds, as expected. Numbers were 10/10 on the 1st, then dropping slightly to 9/10-8/10 depending on which park for the remaining dates.

If I don't get an ADR for BOG, we plan to just do quick service lunch there and I'll find a different place for dinner.

It feels really good to have my flights, two excursions, and one hotel booked. Now I still need to book a rental car, dcl airport transportation... The MCO Hyatt, and get my WDW tickets. I looked into the premiere pass and the only way it would make sense is if we planned on going to wdw again within the year (not likely).

I also just bought my Halloween party tickets for DL! Looking forward to that trip. :-)

Completed:

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #443
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Really going to see HS and Epcot. We might not make it to MK. We see the castle lit up here every year. We have DL APs. My son can't watch fireworks inside the park. Too loud. Sensory issues. We have an ADR for La Hacienda because you can see the fireworks show from behind glass. Hopefully we can get in at dusk every night to see the lights. Not much of a ride focused trip this year.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #444
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

My vacation request has been approved! Yay! Now I just need to pay the cruise balance and get park tickets. Anyone considering the Premier pass? I'm pondering.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #445
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Christmas on the Magic for 2014 was just released last month! Had no idea! This would be after dry dock and those upgrades so I booked it! I've always wanted to do a Christmas cruise.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #446
Disneylandfanatic

How exciting, that will be such a fun trip!

Completed:

Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #447
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
How much?
Did you try other airlines?
it was right at 1000$ for the two of us to fly, which may not be a lot in some airports but it was more than we have paid before. thankfully my family had airline miles saved up, so our airfare is taken care of, just have to finish off the cruise

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Magic Cruise
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #448
Disneylandfanatic

We paid just under 400 for each for our round trip flights on united to go from sfo to Mco, I was happy with those prices! :-)

Completed:

Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #449
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikezh638 View Post

it was right at 1000$ for the two of us to fly, which may not be a lot in some airports but it was more than we have paid before. thankfully my family had airline miles saved up, so our airfare is taken care of, just have to finish off the cruise
Ours were just under that. I upgraded to a seat that was closer to the front of the plane which cost about an extra $120. Total was $940 RT for two with that. We are flying on Virgin Atlantic nonstop from Los Angeles. Where are you guys flying from?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #450
PenskeSth1
Davey is my little Pirate! Rusty Wallace Fan! Go Blue Duece!
I would keep my A/C on 60, but I could never afford the electric bill

is there a FE exchange being planned? we dont do FB and was wondering if there was going to be a list on here if one is planned. with only a few months until cruise time it is good to be prepared for those who like to make their gifts. just a headcount of boys, girls, ages, favorite princess or character is always good to know. just wondered.
thanks all so ready to be cruising.

my son and i are going to Disneyland for the first time in Nov. cant wait. we will only be there for a few days but plan on taking in as much as possible. i know we have WDW here and have been so much my son hates going anymore.
PenskeSth1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: