Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #31
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1ncess View Post
We're one deck below you...9674
My mom was in one of these rooms on our last cruise and we loved the big verandah. She had no complaints about vibration as I have read in some reports... Honestly, being on any Disney ship in ANY room beats being home doing the mundane LOL... Of course it's always a working vacation for me

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #32
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

Welcome to the board!!! I haven't participated in a FE but I think I get the concept.. Seems like fun!!

I was looking into disneyworld info tonight.... Such a different world for me. I am a Disneyland pro and know pretty mic everything about the parks, however disneyworld is like another planet in terms o tickets, resorts, transportation, parks and dining.

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I switched to a 7A. The reviews seem decent. Room 8164. Yay!

I'm going to WDW for the first time this summer. I'm a DL vet too so this is going to he interesting. If airfare is reasonable I'll probably fly out on the 1st or 2nd and get a DVC room (wherever I can). I'd like to see the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
Disneylandfanatic

Are you a dvc member? Or are you thinking of renting points? I've never rented points but was wondering if it was a better deal.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #35
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic
Are you a dvc member? Or are you thinking of renting points? I've never rented points but was wondering if it was a better deal.
Yes. I'll be using my own points for 1-2 nights. I've never rented points but ppl I know who have had great experiences with David's DVC.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #36
Disneylandfanatic

Thanks for the tip, I've heard of David's before... Might be worth looking into. I have always thought that in the future I would want to be a part of DVC.. If it ended up actually paying off.

I am planning door decorations and writing down all of my ideas so when it comes time to actually make them I will have a good list if what I like :-)

Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #37
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Thanks for the tip, I've heard of David's before... Might be worth looking into. I have always thought that in the future I would want to be a part of DVC.. If it ended up actually paying off.
You have to do the math, of course, but I think it is. What I like is that when I plan a vacation all I have to think about is airfare, tickets and food. It's nice to not have to think about paying for a deluxe Disney accommodation as part of that trip.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #38
Disneylandfanatic

Yea that does seem nice. When the time comes I will certainly consider and do the math! with my love for Disney I know I would get good use out of it and would enjoy all the vacations.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Anyone cruising before this one? I have WDW and a cruise booked this coming summer but the summer cruises are so expensive that I don't know if I am going to go on it. The 4 night for 2 in an 11C is $2k! I would love to do an Alaska cruise but with airfare and excursions it doesn't seem doable either.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #40
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I switched to a 7A. The reviews seem decent. Room 8164. Yay!

I'm going to WDW for the first time this summer. I'm a DL vet too so this is going to he interesting. If airfare is reasonable I'll probably fly out on the 1st or 2nd and get a DVC room (wherever I can). I'd like to see the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian.
My DH and I were upgraded from a 9C to a 7A (Room 7022) on our 4/12 cruise (Fantasy, Eastern) and enjoyed it very much. The obstruction does affect the light in the room (as opposed to a fully unobstructed balcony) but it was actually nice as it provided extra shade and wind break.

I also stayed in room 10052 on the Fantasy in September. Deck 11 overhangs right above, but it wasn't a bother. We were again upgraded on this cruise...booked 9D GTY and Disney gave us 5A.
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #41
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzylandDeb

My DH and I were upgraded from a 9C to a 7A (Room 7022) on our 4/12 cruise (Fantasy, Eastern) and enjoyed it very much. The obstruction does affect the light in the room (as opposed to a fully unobstructed balcony) but it was actually nice as it provided extra shade and wind break.

I also stayed in room 10052 on the Fantasy in September. Deck 11 overhangs right above, but it wasn't a bother. We were again upgraded on this cruise...booked 9D GTY and Disney gave us 5A.
Wow that's a lot of dusting! Were these cruises where they needed to fill the ship (lots of discounts, etc) and move people around? This will be my 3rd verandah but I've had to get them all myself. You have a lot of great luck!

Are you in a verandah cat now?

I had a 7A on the Wonder and LOVED it way more than the 4A that I had an another cruise. I loved the bench and feeling like I was in a wind sheltered extra room. I will always book a 7A on the classic ships if I'm booking a verandah.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #42
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Wow that's a lot of dusting! Were these cruises where they needed to fill the ship (lots of discounts, etc) and move people around? This will be my 3rd verandah but I've had to get them all myself. You have a lot of great luck!

Are you in a verandah cat now?

I had a 7A on the Wonder and LOVED it way more than the 4A that I had an another cruise. I loved the bench and feeling like I was in a wind sheltered extra room. I will always book a 7A on the classic ships if I'm booking a verandah.
Yes, we were rolling in pixiedust! There were a lot of us (DIS group) that were upgraded/moved around. I assume they were trying to fill the ship. Same with the Sept cruise... althought we booked GTY and were very pleased to stay on deck 10!

This cruise 1/4/14... we booked 8C and requested specific rooms. I've been on the ship enough...I've got a good feel for what we wanted and location. I'm happy with a large window and that awesome round shower!!
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #43
Pr1ncess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
My mom was in one of these rooms on our last cruise and we loved the big verandah. She had no complaints about vibration as I have read in some reports... Honestly, being on any Disney ship in ANY room beats being home doing the mundane LOL... Of course it's always a working vacation for me
Rick - Thanks for the info...had heard some rumors about vibrations, but heard it's mostly when coming into or leaving port. Really excited about the big verandah!
Pr1ncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #44
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I had the worst vibrations in my cabin on the Wonder. It was constant on my first and second days at sea. I couldn't sleep! It was slim the ceiling. They had to come in and do extensive work on it for a couple of hours. After that OT was fine.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #45
Disneylandfanatic

No cruises planned yet for us from now until January. Although just this morning the bf said we should squeeze one in... Not sure how realistic that is though with two different work schedules and grad school! So we will most likely just do Disneyland a ton and maybe some other quick trips from now until the big one. In the meantime I will continue to distract myself with these boards and become a dcl pro before ever setting foot on the ship.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: