Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #391
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

Right now the Hyatt is 229 before taxes and fees...I am hoping that the price will go down before I feel like I must make a reservation. I have a hotel watch on that one :-) Just too much for one night, when there are so many other more reasonable options.

I think I am getting a little caught up in the dining thing when in reality it doesnt matter at all, plus we will probably be so fooded out from the cruise!!! I do want to try to get ADR for le cellier and maybe a couple more. People say you have to get on at 6 am 6 months before, does that mean on pacific time would be 3 am for me???? AHH

We are going to be there for 4 days in the park, going home on Wednesday evening, probably going to just get base tickets no hopper option, we will just do one park each day. If the 2014 packages come out and seem to be worth it we might switch to one of those hotels.

Since we are staying at the Hilton near Downtown Disney, not a Disney hotel, we can't take Disney transportation (is that right, that is what my TA told me). The Hilton does offer extra magic hours though.


Once I get all this transportation stuff figured out I will be on to the excursions! I LOVE PLANNING.
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #392
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Right now the Hyatt is 229 before taxes and fees...I am hoping that the price will go down before I feel like I must make a reservation. I have a hotel watch on that one :-) Just too much for one night, when there are so many other more reasonable options.

I think I am getting a little caught up in the dining thing when in reality it doesnt matter at all, plus we will probably be so fooded out from the cruise!!! I do want to try to get ADR for le cellier and maybe a couple more. People say you have to get on at 6 am 6 months before, does that mean on pacific time would be 3 am for me???? AHH

We are going to be there for 4 days in the park, going home on Wednesday evening, probably going to just get base tickets no hopper option, we will just do one park each day. If the 2014 packages come out and seem to be worth it we might switch to one of those hotels.

Since we are staying at the Hilton near Downtown Disney, not a Disney hotel, we can't take Disney transportation (is that right, that is what my TA told me). The Hilton does offer extra magic hours though.

Once I get all this transportation stuff figured out I will be on to the excursions! I LOVE PLANNING.
So you are going to WDW afterwards and just need a ore cruise hotel the night before. Have you looked at port canaveral hotels?

I didn't wake up at 3 am, lol. Just get on that day.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #393
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

Thanks so much for the advice!

Correct we are doing wdw after cruise and just need one night pre-cruise... My biggest issue with the port canaveral hotels is finding a reputable company (not a private car) to use to get from airport to the hotel.
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #394
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Thanks so much for the advice!

Correct we are doing wdw after cruise and just need one night pre-cruise... My biggest issue with the port canaveral hotels is finding a reputable company (not a private car) to use to get from airport to the hotel.
I'd just bite the bullet and stay at the Hyatt for ease and peace of mind. It is literally inside the airport. I saw it on Sunday. Very cool.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #395
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

Pretty sure we will, and hopefully te price will drop just a little bit so that I don't even have to think twice about it!

Then all I need to do is figure out how to get from port to wdw...maybe we will rent a car for that portion. :-)

I think we are going to do maya chan in costa maya. Not enough time to go to the ruins. Other excursions are still to be determine ;-)
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #396
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Pretty sure we will, and hopefully te price will drop just a little bit so that I don't even have to think twice about it!

Then all I need to do is figure out how to get from port to wdw...maybe we will rent a car for that portion. :-)

I think we are going to do maya chan in costa maya. Not enough time to go to the ruins. Other excursions are still to be determine ;-)
Can't the DCL bus take you?
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #397
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

I was told the dcl bus will only take us if we were staying at a Disney resort... We are staying at the Hilton downtown Disney... Anyone know otherwise? :-)
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #398
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
I was told the dcl bus will only take us if we were staying at a Disney resort... We are staying at the Hilton downtown Disney... Anyone know otherwise? :-)
Yes that's true. Does Hilton have. shuttle? Can you book something like Super Shuttle? Can you stay on Disney property at maybe at a value or moderate resort if expense was an issue? Or maybe rent DVC points from somewhere like David's DVC?
__________________

Last edited by luv2sleep; 06-25-2013 at 08:18 PM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #399
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

We can do super shuttle. I'd rather stay in a nicer hotel than in a super low end Disney hotel just to get the transportation. I'll call the hilton and see what they suggest. If all else fails we can rent a car. Thanks for all the input and help! I appreciate it so much!!!!!!!
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #400
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
We can do super shuttle. I'd rather stay in a nicer hotel than in a super low end Disney hotel just to get the transportation. I'll call the hilton and see what they suggest. If all else fails we can rent a car. Thanks for all the input and help! I appreciate it so much!!!!!!!
Have you thought about renting points for a deluxe? It usually runs $150-$250 per night that way.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #401
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

I haven't thought about points... I'll have to talk to Matt and see what he thinks :-) sounds like a nice option.
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #402
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
I haven't thought about points... I'll have to talk to Matt and see what he thinks :-) sounds like a nice option.
http://www.dvcrequest.com/PointsCalcNew/PointsCalc.asp

It's $14/point.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #403
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,822

Btw, our cruise is filling up! Lots of the verandah and ocean view categories are booked up already.
__________________

Last edited by luv2sleep; 06-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #404
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

I noticed that! Prices went up too!!!
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #405
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 250

It seems my options for DVC room through renting points are:

Saratoga springs studio
Animal kingdom studio savannah view


AK is 100 more than SS. Anyone know the pros/cons of each? It is still about twice as much as the Hilton, but we might go for it :-)
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.