Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #331
DoriansMom
Earning My Ears
 
DoriansMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Near Pittsburgh
Posts: 2

Talking New to this. Bear with me.

We are going to be in WDW to celebrate my son's 11th BDay. My parents are joining us as well. Then we check out of the AKV to board the Fantasy for our first cruise. My son knows we are going to the parks to celebrate but we have told him the cruise is just too much this year. My parents are joining us in WDW as well as DCL to celebrate. We will be in adjoining rooms on deck 6 verandahs. We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. Hope to meet up with some of the lovely people who post here!
__________________

DoriansMom(ME33) (DH36) (DS10)
DoriansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #332
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Getting excited for this cruise! Can't believe it will be so long for me between cruises! Last one was Oct 2012. I've been reading a thread about touring ruins with kids and the ones that we can book in Costa Maya seem ok! Going to book that. Another thread talked about how beautiful the beaches are in Cozumel. Definitely going to one. I'm going to book both through Disney. I hope to get a cabana on CC so l that's left to plan is Grand Cayman. I read that the seas have been rough during the winter months making tendering impossible. I hope that doesn't happen but I'm booking a DCL tour just in case. I don't know what to do there though. Don't think I want to visit the turtle farm. . Poor turtles.

My flight dates won't be released until 6 months out (I called Virgin today) so I'm still waiting on that. I got a companion ticket and have enough miles to book one round trip. Yay!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #333
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriansMom
We are going to be in WDW to celebrate my son's 11th BDay. My parents are joining us as well. Then we check out of the AKV to board the Fantasy for our first cruise. My son knows we are going to the parks to celebrate but we have told him the cruise is just too much this year. My parents are joining us in WDW as well as DCL to celebrate. We will be in adjoining rooms on deck 6 verandahs. We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. Hope to meet up with some of the lovely people who post here!
Wow! That's nice that you guys can coordinate all of that. Sounds fun!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #334
Kabuli1
DIS Veteran
 
Kabuli1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Near Chi Town
Posts: 927

luv2 you have so much planned already! I really haven't given much thought to what excursion we would like to do. I have done 3 Westerns in the winter and have not had a rough day in GC. maybe I have been lucky!

It is 14 degrees right now - unbelievable!!
Kabuli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #335
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuli1
luv2 you have so much planned already! I really haven't given much thought to what excursion we would like to do. I have done 3 Westerns in the winter and have not had a rough day in GC. maybe I have been lucky!

It is 14 degrees right now - unbelievable!!
Burr! Where are you? I feel for you guys dealing with the cold. Move out here to to California!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #336
BonnieJG
Earning My Ears
 
BonnieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Porter Ranch, CA
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuli1 View Post
luv2 you have so much planned already! I really haven't given much thought to what excursion we would like to do. I have done 3 Westerns in the winter and have not had a rough day in GC. maybe I have been lucky!

It is 14 degrees right now - unbelievable!!
This IS cold! Join luvs2sleep and me in California!!

We have looked through the excursions that will be available and have started to make a list of possibilities. Also taking in all the suggestions for what to do at our ports from excellent advice on the DisForums!
__________________
Past Cruises:
Disney Fantasy - West. Carib. Jan 2014
Disney Wonder-Alaska-Aug 4-13, 2012
Sapphire Princess-Hawaii-LA to LA- Apr 14-28, 2012
Celebrity Silhouette-Holy Land-Oct 6-22, 2011
Island Princess-Panama Canal-Nov 11 to Dec 5, 2010
River Countess-Bucharest to Prague-Aug 5-25, 2006
Holland America Westerdam-Baltic Cruise-July 18-30, 2004
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Sea-W. Caribbean-Aug 16-24, 2003
Carnival Legend-Fall Color Cruise-NY to NY-Sept 22-Oct 3, 2002
Grand Princess-Mediterranean-Istanbul to Barcelona-Aug 4-16, 2000
Regal Princess-Alaska-Aug 9-16, 1998

BonnieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #337
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieJG

This IS cold! Join luvs2sleep and me in California!!

We have looked through the excursions that will be available and have started to make a list of possibilities. Also taking in all the suggestions for what to do at our ports from excellent advice on the DisForums!
What have you looked at for Grand Cayman?
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #338
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 249

Grand cayman seems to be the hardest one for me to plan as well! We might do a sea doo tour (probably wont though) we found one with great reviews (cant think of the name right now) or just walk around town and then head back to the quiet ship early and enjoy a relaxing day in the rainforest room or near the pool. Other than that I think we have decided to do mr. Sanchos in Cozumel and I wanted to see the ruins in costa maya, but I don't think I'll have enough time to go with an independent company, we aren't at that port for very long, I wanted to book with native choice who says their tours are four hours... I wouldn't want to risk it. Maybe I'll book it through Disney.

Looking at these port times now I am so glad that we moved our dining to late seating!

I also have most of my FE gift made and my door decorations are near completion!!!!! Lol I love my door decorations I'll have to put a pic up when I have a chance :-) I made them all with my cricut.
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #339
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Maybe just a beach break then. My son pretty much just wants to play in the water.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #340
julmops
Mouseketeer
 
julmops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 155

Smile

We look at probably some beach break at Grand Cayman, most likely not much or nothing at Costa Maya and possibly Xplor when we're in Cozumel ...
In the meantime, we decided that 290 days to wait was far too long so we booked ourselves on a 4 nights cruise on the Magic on the Mediterranean ... At least it's only 140 days to wait for this one !
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/2vubxwv2j6607x88.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
julmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #341
BonnieJG
Earning My Ears
 
BonnieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Porter Ranch, CA
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
What have you looked at for Grand Cayman?
We have been to Grand Cayman before and did the Stingray City with our son. He thinks my granddaughter will love it, so probably do that again. It was awesome.


Also thinking of doing the Push and Pull Dolphin swim for granddaughter only...not sure where yet. Other than that...just spending time at the beach.
__________________
Past Cruises:
Disney Fantasy - West. Carib. Jan 2014
Disney Wonder-Alaska-Aug 4-13, 2012
Sapphire Princess-Hawaii-LA to LA- Apr 14-28, 2012
Celebrity Silhouette-Holy Land-Oct 6-22, 2011
Island Princess-Panama Canal-Nov 11 to Dec 5, 2010
River Countess-Bucharest to Prague-Aug 5-25, 2006
Holland America Westerdam-Baltic Cruise-July 18-30, 2004
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Sea-W. Caribbean-Aug 16-24, 2003
Carnival Legend-Fall Color Cruise-NY to NY-Sept 22-Oct 3, 2002
Grand Princess-Mediterranean-Istanbul to Barcelona-Aug 4-16, 2000
Regal Princess-Alaska-Aug 9-16, 1998

BonnieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #342
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieJG

We have been to Grand Cayman before and did the Stingray City with our son. He thinks my granddaughter will love it, so probably do that again. It was awesome.

Also thinking of doing the Push and Pull Dolphin swim for granddaughter only...not sure where yet. Other than that...just spending time at the beach.
We don't do the animal stuff. Those are very popular though. I guess it's the beach for us.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #343
4mousefans
Mouseketeer
 
4mousefans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: iowa
Posts: 89

I started looking at shore excursions, but was bummed that until we pay in full we can't see what is actually offered. I called DCL and they confirmed that to be the case. So, I see some things that I would like to take the kids to...like Xel-Ha in Cozumel...but can't confirm that we can actually book it. We have visited Xel-Ha and Tulum...had great experiences with both and really would like to share this with the girls. We did our own excursion to "Hell" and 7-Mile Beach in Grand Cayman....had a ton of fun and it was super easy to navigate. Costa Maya doesn't appear to really be much of port day...I think I remember seeing that we are only there for four hours. We will likely just go ashore and wander a bit. Or maybe we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pools!

David and I leave for Mexico in April...heading to Cozumel and wish that I knew what excursions were possible because we would gladly "test" them for our future trip!
__________________
First visit to DW: 1971! Too many visits to count since!
Wonder 3-night Bahamas 11/04
Magic 7-night Western 3/06
Magic 7-night Western 11/07
Magic 7-night Western 11/09
Magic 7-night Eastern 1/12
Fantasy 7-night Eastern 1/13
Fantasy 7-night Western 1/14
Patiently waiting to board the Fantasy 1/15
Mother-daughter cruise Dream 3-night 3/15

(Me) (DH) (DD21) (DD17)

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dqko5tp8nwly3kim.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
4mousefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #344
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mousefans
I started looking at shore excursions, but was bummed that until we pay in full we can't see what is actually offered. I called DCL and they confirmed that to be the case. So, I see some things that I would like to take the kids to...like Xel-Ha in Cozumel...but can't confirm that we can actually book it. We have visited Xel-Ha and Tulum...had great experiences with both and really would like to share this with the girls. We did our own excursion to "Hell" and 7-Mile Beach in Grand Cayman....had a ton of fun and it was super easy to navigate. Costa Maya doesn't appear to really be much of port day...I think I remember seeing that we are only there for four hours. We will likely just go ashore and wander a bit. Or maybe we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pools!

David and I leave for Mexico in April...heading to Cozumel and wish that I knew what excursions were possible because we would gladly "test" them for our future trip!
Have you looked at the port adventures on the DCL website? That will tell you what excursions they are offering.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #345
4mousefans
Mouseketeer
 
4mousefans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: iowa
Posts: 89

I did look on-line and there is a huge number of excursions. We have done the Western before (on the Magic a few years ago) and Xel-Ha was listed as an excursion, but not available for our stop in Cozumel during that cruise. When we saw it listed this time, we decided to call DCL and inquire. The cast member told me that what she saw on her end was identical to what I was seeing, but that not all excusions were offered every cruise. She said that the only way to know what would be offered was to be paid in full and open to book.

I thought that I might call back and check again...
__________________
First visit to DW: 1971! Too many visits to count since!
Wonder 3-night Bahamas 11/04
Magic 7-night Western 3/06
Magic 7-night Western 11/07
Magic 7-night Western 11/09
Magic 7-night Eastern 1/12
Fantasy 7-night Eastern 1/13
Fantasy 7-night Western 1/14
Patiently waiting to board the Fantasy 1/15
Mother-daughter cruise Dream 3-night 3/15

(Me) (DH) (DD21) (DD17)

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dqko5tp8nwly3kim.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
4mousefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.