Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Amy, seriously. The owner did not lie, and you still do not understand what happened or how things work when renting TSs. I also notice that this quote is nearly identical to the one Darryl offered in the other thread, except it doesn't have the "incriminating" sentence that everyone else who has dealt with VS said doesn't exist. If that sentence wasn't there, not cool to add it.

mrsksomeday has a great suggestion that would demonstrate you really meant it when you said you recognized it was wrong to say you were scammed -- change your other thread title.
I tried to change the thread don't know how. I responded to Ricks post and went back through and checked my credit card statemnt I was wrong I still have not received my deposit back yet. So I am not changing my post that is how I felt at the time and right now I still do.... Its been 8 days he can say that they never charged my card but they did and still no credit.
AmyC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Here is my receipt what does this mean then.

Vacation Strategy LLC Customer Receipt/Pu​rchase Confirmati​on

Travel

x

Humaira Sidat-Bourne <payments@vacationstrategy.com>

Nov 28 (8 days ago)

to me

Thank you for your order!

Order Information

Merchant:

Vacation Strategy LLC

Description:

for Darryl Frasier 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek checking in 12/20/2012 for 7 nights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item

Description

Qty

Taxable

Unit Price

Item Total

depo150

$150 Reservation Deposit

N

US $150.00

US $150.00

Initial Reservation Deposit

Total:

US $150.00

Visa

Date/Time:

28-Nov-2012 18:24:52 EST

Transaction ID:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

THis is the letter that was sent to us and this is what I paid the deposit on

Great News Darryl!
We found your requested dates! We placed a temporary 24 hour hold on your villa, so if you want it, please use the link below to pay your initial deposit.

Quote & Rental Agreement

for Darryl Frasier
quoting a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek
checking in 12/20/2012 for 7 nights

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to quote on your vacation. At this time we show availability and are happy to offer you a total price of $ 625.00 which includes all taxes and fees. This is a savings of 30 to 50% from Wyndham's Extra Holidays, Orbitz, Expedia or Travelocity prices. We believe our prices to be the lowest available. However, if you find a better advertised offer we will match it with our Best Price Guarantee.

Helpful Links
• See why our prices are so low and the top 6 reasons our clients love us!
• View the floor plan and layout of the villa and the unit information
• Watch our resort video and the resort location map
• More resort information
• See what our guests are saying about us

Are You Ready to Book?
Inventory is limited and constantly changing. If you want to secure this reservation... Review our rental agreement below and then pay the $ 150.00 deposit http://vacationstrategy.com/deposit/150-deposit/

Vacation Rental Agreement

Vacation Strategy LLC., agrees to hold this reservation for Darryl Frasier upon payment of the initial deposit of $ 150.00. For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

The Final Balance Due

The final balance of $ 475.00 will not be due until you receive an email confirmation with the reservation in your name from Wyndham. This will typically occur within 20 to 50 days prior to your check-in date of 12/20/2012.

Our No-Risk Refund or Credit Cancellation Policy

At Vacation Strategy, our goal is to develop long term relationships with our clients. We want you to have peace-of-mind when booking with us. We understand things come up unexpectedly and would not want you to experience any financial loss due to these unforeseen circumstances.

You may cancel this agreement at any time for any reason.

Simply notify us at least 20 days before the check-in date and receive a full refund except your initial $ 150.00 deposit which will be credited in full towards your future rental with us. If you have to cancel within the 20 days from check-in period, we will credit the entire amount of $ 625.00 towards your future rental with us.

Guest and all members of his/her party agree to take good care of the property during their stay and to abide by the rules and regulations of the resort.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or comments. We will be delighted to assist you!

Sincerely,

Humaira Bourne
& Rick Bourne

Vacation Strategy, LLC.

5081 Beach River Rd
Windermere, Florida USA 34786
www.VacationStrategy.com
www.BonnetCreek.info
quotes@vacationstrategy.com email

(888) 832-4223 Phone
(214) 593-4387 Fax
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

So you see the charge to Vacation Strategy online on your credit card account?

He is saying the charge never went all the way through his system so there would be nothing to refund. He said he stopped the transaction before your card was charged.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
So you see the charge to Vacation Strategy online on your credit card account?

He is saying the charge never went all the way through his system so there would be nothing to refund. He said he stopped the transaction before your card was charged.
The money is not in the account and no refund. I feel I did everything correctly. THey had a 24 hour hold on the reservation I paid it. I have a receipt and the monies is not out of my account here is my statment
11/28/2012 VACATION STRATEGY LLC
WINDERMERE
Purchase Date: 11/28/12Category: Hotels/Motels -$150.00
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #21
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Amy, seriously. The owner did not lie, and you still do not understand what happened or how things work when renting TSs. I also notice that this quote is nearly identical to the one Darryl offered in the other thread, except it doesn't have the "incriminating" sentence that everyone else who has dealt with VS said doesn't exist. If that sentence wasn't there, not cool to add it.

mrsksomeday has a great suggestion that would demonstrate you really meant it when you said you recognized it was wrong to say you were scammed -- change your other thread title.
Here is my credit card statement and I paid the deposit have confirmation and no monies returned and no reservation so please tell me what I am not understanding

11/28/2012 VACATION STRATEGY LLC
WINDERMERE
Purchase Date: 11/28/12Category: Hotels/Motels -$150.00
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I sent you a PM
Thank you
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #24
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Cool

For the Love of All Things Disney

Please ... Let this Family Go and Have A Wonderful Vacation

*vacation planning is an art ... developed over time*

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #25
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Enough already! Someone please make this stop.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #26
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
Enough already! Someone please make this stop.
Truly, an admin needs to step in and remove this. This person is clearly confused--she has posted so many inconsistencies. And now it's 'she got the money back, she didn't get the money back...'

As a small business owner, I would be absolutely crushed if someone was messing with my business like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

maybe your credit card company held the amount that was going to be charged, but it wasn't.

I have had that happen...

When I was on a Disney cruise, they charged my card for something (I can't remember now it's been so long) but I called the cruise line when I got home and they said that was just a hold it didn't actually go through and my account should reflect that in a few days.

Didn't understand completely but watched my CC statement like a hawk those few days and sure enough, it was gone. It never actually happened. The credit card saw that it was there to go through, waits on it, and then it never is processed so it's gone.
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
maybe your credit card company held the amount that was going to be charged, but it wasn't.
That's what I was thinking as well. Whatever's going on, the OP's money is not in any danger. According to VS's policies as stated on their website, and according to the personal statement of the owner, she shouldn't be charged, so it's not even really a dispute the CC company needs to resolve, just a matter of processing.

And if she doesn't get her money back, she needs to take it up with whatever she thinks rules the universe, because clearly some power much greater than Vacation Strategy is out to get her.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
Truly, an admin needs to step in and remove this.
That's what the little exclamation point icon is for at the bottom left of each post -- to report junk like this to the mods.

It's a fine line for the mods -- on the one hand, they want to foster free and open discussion of various points of view; on the other, you have to have some sensible rules about what is allowed and what is not.

There is also a point where a dead horse is just being beaten into a pile of mush. IMHO, both of these threads have exceeded that standard -- there is nothing new being said in either thread.

But if there are no complaints for the mods to deal with, stuff like these two threads goes unnoticed.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #30
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
As a small business owner, I would be absolutely crushed if someone was messing with my business like this.
I know quite a few people with small-to-medium timeshare rental businesses. I toyed with the idea of starting one myself. But, after speaking with a few of them, "customers" like this are more common than you'd think, and I decided that discretion was the better part of valor.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote