Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip. I would have started exactly the same way. It really is a hop, skip, and a jump away. Love it.

Did I mention I can actually see your pics since I brought my own computer into work today. They take awhile to load, but worth the wait.

I saw the wine walk advertised in October, but being that I was already partaking heavily on the wine part of food & wine, I skipped it. I am definitely going to do that in June. I love that you can split it up. That's awesome.

Can you believe I have never had the fish & chips and I have always wanted to order there? I did have fish from R&C, but its just not the same.

Love Mary Poppins. She is always so Perfect!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #47
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone feels better soon!

I have always dreamed of going to London! That is definitely on my to do list! Well, you know me and my obsession with the English accent! Iím glad to hear you and David liked the Perry mission. I think my kids will want to do that mission, too. Mmm! The fish and chips look amazing! I want to do the Wine Walk, but I only like wines that are on the sweeter side (including reds) so I am afraid I wonít look sophisticated when I only choose those! I might still do it, though, because it looks like fun. I canít wait to hear all about France!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I think England is a great honeymoon destination!! Very romantic and beautiful!

I want to do one of the Perry missions one day, they look like a lot of fun!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #49
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Looks like you had a great arrival morning. Glad to see you were able to arrive at World Showcase at (or near) rope drop!
I see you prefer wine - my World Showcase beverage of choice would probably be either a champagne or Grey Goose Slushie.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip (PTR-DONE)

Never Mind The Clever Title, Here's My Trip Report! - A December Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #50
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi Mama!

Love Downton Abbey, one of my favorite shows.

I am also a Coffee addict! I admit it!

We love to stop and smell the roses in World Showcase. World Showcase happens to be one of our favorite destinations in the world. I would love to be there right now.

Wanted to add, to me London is a great place for a honeymoon. I have always wanted to do a London, Ireland, Scotland, UK trip.

I am looking forward to more updates!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I love your first foray into the world! Saving Perry, fish and chips, Mary Poppins and a wine walk. Sauntering in without rushing. Perfect! I know exactly what you mean about the cheesy pictures. Eric is at that age right now and his photos are generally awful.

Some rather cute pictures of you in there too, rocking the red outfit, I love it and you all look relaxed and happy. I'm going to have to consider the wine walk on the next trip. As Mary Ellen said, with the F&W kiosks it wouldn't have made sense, but just might next time.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #52
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!

We usually try to get the earliest flight on our trips....more Disney time after all. But, it can be very stressful and getting up that early...blah! What would we do without our coffee? Glad you made your flight on time and all was well.

Yay for arriving! Your WS pictures turned out great! Congrats on the Perry mission! We had such fun when we did it on our trip. Oooh...thanks for the info on the Wine Walk! It's something I would definitely be interested in checking out next time.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #53
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm flying home and catching up on a few threads. I'm now all caught up on yours. Your "cutting it close" going to the airport sounds like our return flight home in September. That was close; and I'm with you on needing lots of coffee in the a.m.

Love your arrival at the Beach Club (staying there in June if I get to go with the girls)...love that resort and we were there visiting twice this trip.

Great photos at WS...and awesome that your son got to do the Perry thing (sorry...forgot the name of it). Sounds like a good first day so far.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #54
amazingact21
Upendi

I think you made a great decision on how to spend your arrival day at WDW. It sounds wonderful to be able to walk out of your resort and end up in the WS.

I did not know about the wine walk, but it sounds like a very cool thing to do while in Epcot. You get to enjoy a variety of wines, choosing the amount at your leisure, but don't have to worry about ordering an entire glass of something you might not like.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #55
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys...

I'm going to reply to everyone's posts ASAP ... & then I'm hoping to do an update tomorrow... (& My photopass came... ... I ordered it digitally so I guess it was pretty quick...)

I was having a pretty blue evening... kids sick + I just found out a couple of not so great things happened to a couple of different friends...

But then a little thing happened that kind of perked me up...

Anyone who may have followed my ptr or earllier trs knows that I had been a Diser ... since 2006 but I didn't really start heavily until 2009...

I "met" a lot of really awesome people on the boards... people who even though I hadn't met in person... I really considered really warm and supportive...

anyway to make a long story short... I had a little bit of a rough period in 2010-2011 ... and I kind of disappeared a bit... was on & off...

& I felt badly to come back because I felt I had been a very bad Diser and had missed a lot of what was going on in all these people... many of whom I considered friends lives... but I bit the bullet and did come back...instead of just lurking...

Anyhow... and to stop being maudlin and melodramatic...

I just found out that the PTR I was working on when I went MIA is still open -

Back to Wonderland with a Side of Fries...

If you'd like to read it's actually a "PTR" for Emily's Sweet 16 at DWD ... (didn't quite work out... ... You'd have to read...) but it was also to be a report of our Family trip to Paris in the Spring of 2010 with a daytrip to DLP...

So in a way for me it feels like being able to finish something I started and close the door on a chapter of my life...

It's kind of something I needed and in a very small way I feel like Scrooge getting to play away with Christmas past...

(like going ahead and marrying Belle...

So it has no real impact or bearing on this TR but if you had starting reading it before and want to see how it turns out or your just curious about Paris or DLP -even though it was just a daytrip... mind you... Feel Free to check it out...)

Hugs to all and I hope to get to all my subs and post replies to my subs...

& "God Bless Us... Every One..."

PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #56
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I feel like it's mandatory that if you're staying at BC/YC/BW, you absolutely have to start your trip at Epcot. It's just so magical to be there in a hop, skip and a jump.

The Perry mission sounds like so much fun. It's been on mine and Franklin's to-do list for years, but we keep managing to miss it on each trip. Maybe January?

The wine walk is also something we've always wanted to do. It's tough to commit to during Food and Wine because there are so many yummy beers, wines and adult drinks at the kiosks. But it's definitely on the list for a non-F&W trip.

I'm loving how leisurely your ride-loving family is enjoying the WS! Well done!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #57
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great update! I think that England is a great place for a honeymoon (although I am nerdy and into architecture and literature ) Thanks for sharing your experience with the Wine Walk as well - I may have to try this next time I am in EpcotÖ The Perry missions also sound fun - congrats on saving the day!
Why thank you- I thought England was a great place for a honeymoon as well... It really was awesome... The Wine Walk was so much fun... walking with the little glasses of wine through WS... highly recommend it... ummm... wait you should be going or in WDW...right now... & yes it's good we saved Perry and the World for y'all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great start to your trip. I would have started exactly the same way. It really is a hop, skip, and a jump away. Love it.

YES... it really is a very special way to get into Epcot... You really feel privileged to use that entrance...

Did I mention I can actually see your pics since I brought my own computer into work today. They take awhile to load, but worth the wait.

Hmmm ...yes considering the supreme awesomeness of my photos-50% of which were taken on my cell phone... I can understand what an incredible privilege that would have been for you, Mary "my second job could be a professional photographer" Ellen... but I do appreciate the thought...

I saw the wine walk advertised in October, but being that I was already partaking heavily on the wine part of food & wine, I skipped it. I am definitely going to do that in June. I love that you can split it up. That's awesome.

It is awesome because you can break it up... and I did want to try some of the other drinks as well like a 'rita over in Mexico... & there are also some nice tastings of wines in each of those countries individually... I had some definite preferences -which I'll be sharing...

Can you believe I have never had the fish & chips and I have always wanted to order there? I did have fish from R&C, but its just not the same.

It's really tasty... not health food but definitely worth it as a treat... David wants them to serve it at his school for lunch...

Love Mary Poppins. She is always so Perfect!
Practically Perfect in every Way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I hope everyone feels better soon!

Thanks...we'll get through it...David is def on the mend and Em is too...(I think hers is partially stress related with college apps and all and her School Play is this weekend)... it feels like we always have some sick episode between Thanksgiving and Christmas...

I have always dreamed of going to London! That is definitely on my to do list! Well, you know me and my obsession with the English accent!

Can you imagine if you were there and had an A Rickman sighting?...

Iím glad to hear you and David liked the Perry mission. I think my kids will want to do that mission, too. They are really fun... you need about 20-25 minutes a mission... Mmm! The fish and chips look amazing! I want to do the Wine Walk, but I only like wines that are on the sweeter side (including reds) so I am afraid I wonít look sophisticated when I only choose those! I might still do it, though, because it looks like fun. I canít wait to hear all about France!
Don't worry about the wine... there were a couple sweeter ones... a really nice rose sparkler from Italy and also the German wines are sweeter and very nice... We've gotten influenced into thinking that drier means "fancier/higher quality" ... I took a wine class from a man who was a sommelier and also now owes his own wine stores in NJ, DE & NY and I remember him saying that many very fine German Reislings are amongst the most undervalued wines... partially because of the modern "preference for dryness... in France there is Vouvray that's sweeter and makes a nice drink...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I think England is a great honeymoon destination!! Very romantic and beautiful!

Especially depending on what you choose to do and see - it can be very Romantic...

I want to do one of the Perry missions one day, they look like a lot of fun!
Lots of adults do them too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Looks like you had a great arrival morning. Glad to see you were able to arrive at World Showcase at (or near) rope drop!
I see you prefer wine - my World Showcase beverage of choice would probably be either a champagne or Grey Goose Slushie.
OH I LOVE champagne and that Grey Goose Slushie is pretty good too... I just didn't want to overdo it...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #58
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi Mama!

Love Downton Abbey, one of my favorite shows.

I am also a Coffee addict! I admit it!

OMG... I cannot wait until Season 3 of Downton begins in January... & Oh wow I wish I could have a cup right now but its 9 & I want to try to go to bed early ... like by 10 ... that's cutting it close even for me...

We love to stop and smell the roses in World Showcase. World Showcase happens to be one of our favorite destinations in the world. I would love to be there right now.

I would like to be there right now too... I would even possibly like to live there...WS is great because that is kind of the whole point of it.... no real headliner rides... you're supposed to hang back and enjoy the details...even Hatter agrees on that...

Wanted to add, to me London is a great place for a honeymoon. I have always wanted to do a London, Ireland, Scotland, UK trip.

I'd love to go back and definitely want to see Scotland as well...Ireland wouldn't be bad either...

I am looking forward to more updates!

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love your first foray into the world! Saving Perry, fish and chips, Mary Poppins and a wine walk. Sauntering in without rushing. Perfect! It wasn't a bad start if I do say myself...

I know exactly what you mean about the cheesy pictures. Eric is at that age right now and his photos are generally awful.

Oh lord - he is so cheesy when he knows you are taking his picture officially and so they are usually much cuter when they aren't planned...

Some rather cute pictures of you in there too, rocking the red outfit, I love it and you all look relaxed and happy. I'm going to have to consider the wine walk on the next trip. As Mary Ellen said, with the F&W kiosks it wouldn't have made sense, but just might next time.
Thanks... after knowing how close we came to missing the flight... We were so happy to just be there... It was fun to do... probably not the finest wines in the World...(literally and figuratively...) but good examples of the country's style and good fun as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!!

We usually try to get the earliest flight on our trips....more Disney time after all. But, it can be very stressful and getting up that early...blah! What would we do without our coffee? Glad you made your flight on time and all was well.

yep all things being equal I'd still and will still go for the earlier flights... but will have to resign to an earlier wake up...4 and having a breakfast ready to grab and take I think...and coffee...I need one of those coffee makers that let's you set the time...

Yay for arriving! Your WS pictures turned out great! Congrats on the Perry mission! We had such fun when we did it on our trip. Oooh...thanks for the info on the Wine Walk! It's something I would definitely be interested in checking out next time.
Thanks... and yes I'm glad that we saved England from Doofenshmirtz...so it's still there... Wine Walk...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #59
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm flying home and catching up on a few threads. I'm now all caught up on yours. Your "cutting it close" going to the airport sounds like our return flight home in September. That was close; and I'm with you on needing lots of coffee in the a.m.

Kathy! Wait you are flying home and checking the boards... hmmm... I'm trying to figure out how... anyhow I CAN"T WAIT to hear all about Mark's birthday trip...
Yes close flights =

Love your arrival at the Beach Club (staying there in June if I get to go with the girls)...love that resort and we were there visiting twice this trip. It's really special...don't you think?

Great photos at WS...and awesome that your son got to do the Perry thing (sorry...forgot the name of it). Sounds like a good first day so far.
Thanks it was a great beginning -once we got there to our first day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I think you made a great decision on how to spend your arrival day at WDW. It sounds wonderful to be able to walk out of your resort and end up in the WS.

Yeah... I really really LOVED that short little walk...

I did not know about the wine walk, but it sounds like a very cool thing to do while in Epcot. You get to enjoy a variety of wines, choosing the amount at your leisure, but don't have to worry about ordering an entire glass of something you might not like.
Exactly... your sure to find something that you'll like and its just fun to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I feel like it's mandatory that if you're staying at BC/YC/BW, you absolutely have to start your trip at Epcot. It's just so magical to be there in a hop, skip and a jump.

I agree it should be a rule... actually maybe it is a rule...

The Perry mission sounds like so much fun. It's been on mine and Franklin's to-do list for years, but we keep managing to miss it on each trip. Maybe January? Oh do it for sure... pick a country that you don't usually spend as much time in... it's really good at making you look at the details...plus you don't want Doofenshmirtz to conquer Perry- do you?

The wine walk is also something we've always wanted to do. It's tough to commit to during Food and Wine because there are so many yummy beers, wines and adult drinks at the kiosks. But it's definitely on the list for a non-F&W trip.

There are a lot of really great drink choices... this was a nice mix up for us...

I'm loving how leisurely your ride-loving family is enjoying the WS! Well done!
It's the one place I really feel totally comfortable taking it slow...
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #60
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

The perfect start to a Beach Club stay, a stroll though the private entrance! I love that you got to start out in the UK! I too agree that you had a lovely honeymoon. I have always wanted to go over and see, England, Scotland, and Ireland.
Baylor would be right there with David. He loves the crepes in France.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: