Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #256
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Yak & Yeti meal looked delicious! I donít think I have anywhere to squeeze in that meal for our upcoming trip, though! Oh well, that just means Iíll have to plan another trip The Ahi Tuna looked SO GOOD!!! I was cracking up at your Sugar Cane Mojito pictures! It must have been a good drink! Iíve seen it on other TRs, too, and I must have one! Your PhotoPass pictures were really cute, too!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #257
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Can I just say at this moment how much I HATE photobucket? I just went in there to get photos for a long overdue update only to find that I HAVE to use the new system... What happened to March 18th? I don't want to deal with that yet.... Grrrrrrgh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I just tried Yak & Yeti for the first time last year! I loved it, and I'm SUPER picky hehehe. I also loved it for the atmosphere and decor, really awesome in there.
The Dawa bar looks awesome!
It really is good... and there are lots of choices... You don't have to be terrifically adventuresome... It is cool in there too... Ahhh...Dawa... seek it out sometime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi!

I am all caught up again!

I would love to eat at Y&Y but the picky members of my clan would hate it, so I do not go. Someday, I will eat there. In the mean time I will live through your meal there.

Well I'm glad to be of service-lol- but you might be surprised... there are plainer things...

David is just a cutie! I also love his cheesy smile with Stitch!

He is really a sweetheart... he makes me laugh at least 5 times a day... and yes when he knows his picture is being taken... the cheese factor of his smile is off the charts...

We are going to try to get DS on EE this trip. He has a slight fear of roller coaster but DH feels he will like it because it doesn't go upside down. He just needs to give it a try and he will love it. We will see what happens.

Hmm EE is really fun, it is a little intense but those parts aren't the whole ride... See if you can get him to go at least once... if he doesn't like it... it's done and if he does... he'll be thrilled...

Loved your updates, looking forward to more as long as the compooper will work!

Love it... the compooper is behaving tonight but photobucket is being a real treat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Wow, the Yak & Yeti meal looked delicious! I donít think I have anywhere to squeeze in that meal for our upcoming trip, though! Oh well, that just means Iíll have to plan another trip The Ahi Tuna looked SO GOOD!!! I was cracking up at your Sugar Cane Mojito pictures! It must have been a good drink! Iíve seen it on other TRs, too, and I must have one! Your PhotoPass pictures were really cute, too!
OH yes the Ahi tuna was really good... hmmm... trying to remember what you have planned for your AK day... Yes that was a pretty good drink... I wouldn't mind another one of those...Thanks about the PP pics ... David is a little cheeseball...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #258
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]
Yeah there's that moment right before the water hits and you just know... It was fun though and I do wish it was longer... Did you do Grizzly River Rapids at CA? (can't remember if you did) but that's def a bit longer...
No, we didn't. It was closed for refurb (January). Next trip!

Quote:

I have an informal survey for all of you...

What do you feel works the best for you as a Dis er... Dis ing in larger chunks on a couple of days a week, or everyday a little bit or something else..?

I feel that for me it seems better to keep a consistent rhythm- possibly update at least once or twice a week when I'm writing a TR and then reading my subscriptions everyday (almost) for like a half + hour or so...

(Also have recently gotten a bit into Facebook and Pinterest... so trying to balance...

Also pretty sure I may have a bit of ADD... so really trying to get my routines all organized and structured...

Any and all input/advice Welcome...
I SO UNDERSTAND THIS! It's my constant battle. Juggling all the little "extras" I do on the computer. The only thing that works for me is dedicating a bit of time each day to stay up to date. When I fall behind I generally catch all up by DISing for 1 hour per day, then update my own TR. After I am caught up, I only need to dedicate 30 minutes each day really to stay on top of it all, maybe a tad more for my own update.

We have never had a drink at the Dawa Bar, but have sat there eating a breakfast from the coffee shop. It's a great little spot for people watching, isn't it? I've heard the Lost on Safari is very good too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #259
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What a cute picture!

Yak and Yeti is the lone AK restaurant we have not eaten at. I want to try to get a walk-up on the spring break trip, but I wish I knew if they will substitute lo mein noodles for the rice if I get one of the chicken dishes. Surely they will, if maybe for a little additional cost. The green beans intrigue me, and the cream cheese wontons will be a must, if we get in.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 03-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #260
solana131
DIS Veteran

Totally agree with you about Photobucket! It is so horrible. Why change a good thing? What was wrong with the old setup? And Disney too?? Why all the change??

Yum! That Sugar Cane Mojito was so yummy. I had one (or two) in July and plan to make them a new tradition!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #261
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia
Can I just say at this moment how much I HATE photobucket? I just went in there to get photos for a long overdue update only to find that I HAVE to use the new system... What happened to March 18th? I don't want to deal with that yet.... Grrrrrrgh....

I feel your pain!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #262
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

DTD, Raglan Road and Ridermakerz

So feeling quite content... thanks to a wonderful morning at AK (plus a little extra contentment brought on by the Mojitto ) we made it back to the Villas where David encountered his friend Ariel...

Oh David... methinks you have a crush...

Eric took him back to the pool... while I took a wander around the Villas...

Before we knew it, it was time to head off to dinner at Raglan Road... A place I've been dying to try for a while now... so I was really dying of curiousity...

Unfortunately the wait for the bus to come was a bit long (probably the longest of our stay) & We made it just in time...

Summary of Raglan Road... Awesome atmosphere... Great food...eh server... (I was covetously eyeing our table neighbors charming and accommodating server... I felt like I was breaking a Commandment... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's superior Restaurant Server...) But we had a really good meal and Raglan Road is a delightful place... with a really beautiful bar that was brought over from Ireland... (We had hard cider on tap... really awesome treat because it isn't that easy to get...)

we shared

the Scallop Forrest

the Shepard's Pie/ & a Chicken Pie and

the very and much talked about Ger's Bread and Butter pudding...

this was so good absolute heaven... but so filling (it's one of those things you think about later and think you'd like to have some of the rest you had to leave behind.... ...

I'd like to see them offer a dessert sampler... with the B&Butter Pudding and some lighter options... (there was a lemon curd & meringue concoction I had been contemplating as well...)

WE would definitely go back...we did get to see a little Irish Dancing and I'd like to go back for more entertainment... I love Irish Music...

Waddled off... and made our way over and towards the Marketplace...

Where there were a couple must do stores...

Did not do goofy's Candy company this time

but the Lego Store is a sort of shrine/attraction to us...

Disney Store... I was thinking about this book (of course)

I still Have my Basin Soap with the Mickey ear profiles -I don't want to use it... cause then it will be gone...

I bought a Snow White tee I loved in Tren-d (I'll show more of it in the next update... Magic Kingdom Day...)

It's so awesome a shirt... I'm glowing...

Next door, Our ultimate destination...the piece de resistance... Ridemakerz...

Some of you ... especially if you have a son... may know all about this...

You get to make your own Remote Control Car...Which is very cool...

What is not cool... is just like buying a real car, you almost never buy the base car... you ALWAYS wind up with better seat covers or a better radio, automatic transmission, etc...

This was going to just be David's big souvenir but it actually wound up be part of his Christmas gifts, because we had to subsidize the cost differential...

But it really was a fun experience for him (& Eric) putting it together....

Next up: Kona Breakfast... and the MAGIC KINGDOM
Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #263
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
No, we didn't. It was closed for refurb (January). Next trip!

You will really enjoy it... it's definitely longer...speaking of longing... I'm longing for a Disneyland trip...

I SO UNDERSTAND THIS! It's my constant battle. Juggling all the little "extras" I do on the computer. The only thing that works for me is dedicating a bit of time each day to stay up to date. When I fall behind I generally catch all up by DISing for 1 hour per day, then update my own TR. After I am caught up, I only need to dedicate 30 minutes each day really to stay on top of it all, maybe a tad more for my own update.

Yes- I really need to set up a specific schedule too it helps me so much... I've been really addicted to Pinterest recently......it's like potato chips... it's hard to pin just one...

We have never had a drink at the Dawa Bar, but have sat there eating a breakfast from the coffee shop. It's a great little spot for people watching, isn't it? I've heard the Lost on Safari is very good too!
Yes... I've heard that as well... we obviously have plenty of friends on Dis who have tried quite a variety of the adult libations......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a cute picture!

Thank you about the picture and thanks for posting... I've lurked on quite a few of your trip reports but they've always gotten so long by the time I've found them that I've been intimidated...I'll have to get in on the beginning of one... hopefully you have a trip coming up...

Yak and Yeti is the lone AK restaurant we have not eaten at. I want to try to get a walk-up on the spring break trip, but I wish I knew if they will substitute lo mein noodles for the rice if I get one of the chicken dishes. Surely they will, if maybe for a little additional cost. The green beans intrigue me, and the cream cheese wontons will be a must, if we get in.
Oh do go... You will enjoy the atmosphere and they really are quite accomodating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Totally agree with you about Photobucket! It is so horrible. Why change a good thing? What was wrong with the old setup? And Disney too?? Why all the change??

I am extremely irritated with Photobucket right now... I just need the old format back for a little longer... (couple of months... till I have the time to play around and figure out the new one...

Yum! That Sugar Cane Mojito was so yummy. I had one (or two) in July and plan to make them a new tradition!
YES! Don't you think they should make T-shirts for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I feel your pain!
Thank you... I'm trying to remain calm...
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #264
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love Raglan Road! That bread pudding is awesome, isn't it??

The Ridemakerz sounds like a lot of fun for David!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #265
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I agree with you about Photobucket. Everyone seems to be displeased with the "new" one. It blows. We have a trip coming up soon and I was wondering if I should switch over to Flickr, but I have so much invested in Photobucket that I am not sure I WANT to switch.

I guess I will have to wait and see if they work things out between now and then. I understand that the pictures are all out of order and that is very crucial to me and all of us who write trip reports. We tell the story through our photos and if they aren't in the right order .... well that is a deal breaker. Also, the size of the photos seems to be an issue as well.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #266
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Raglan Road is a favorite of ours, too...the food, the music, the dancing! That bread pudding is SO good!

No Goofy's Candy Company? Say it ain't so!?!?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #267
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I just looked at the calendar and realized that in exactly 2 weeks I will have the very good fortune of landing in Rome, Italy for a week of Spring Break with Hatter, Rabbit and Alice...

Roman Fountain, Italy Pavilion, Epcot

& I also realized that I am further behind on this TR than I'd like to be (as well as behind on finishing an old PTR (2010) that I realized was still open about our trip to Paris and Disney Land Paris... & I made myself a promise that I would finish that one for personal closure. So I before we go, I have to finish my old PTR, & move ahead with this current one.

Because I'd love to start a PTR when we get back for our July Southern Road Trip to Disney; with a little bit in the beginning about Rome (but I can't handle three TRs-so before we go I have to finish the old one (2010) and I also I need to get this TR train moving... (chug...chug...)

And So...It is...

Time for Breakfast at Kona & Our Day at my favorite Disney Park and the Happiest Place on Earth... The Magic Kingdom...

Despite Eric's enduring faith in the Disney Transportation System, I was uncomfortable with the contortions we'd have to make to get to the Poly for our 7:30 reservations for our Kona Breakfast... So we ended up cabbing over to the ever lovely Polynesian... ( a little earlier than I thought necessary but Eric really wanted to ensure our promptness...)

Hello Poly! I've missed you and that scent and sound of water that you emanate... (Why is it than when we go into other Dis resorts I always feel lonesome for them... I was perfectly content at the Beach Club but now I'm eyeing up the Poly with a certain covetous feeling...

David Drums

David & a Buddy...

Have to Get the Resort Tree Shot...

Wow... I really need Breakfast... & there is Kona...

Kona Sign

Unfortunately we are about a half hour early so we have a little time to peek around... see them setting up the Ohana Character Breakfast and just admire the inside of the lobby... but we are all really starving... and my need for caffeine is getting serious...

I think we were all wanting to be seated and I might have made a sarcastic comment to Eric about being late...

Mercifully, 7:30 came and we were seated...

Now a lot of people come here for the Tonga Toast which is very good. However my real love here are the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes... with the Macadamia Nut Butter... But not wanting to go into a carb coma... I split with Eric who got the Big Kahuna... Eggs, Potatoes, Sausage, Biscuit, etc... I believe I also order fruit & David had plain pancakes with syrup....

The other thing that makes me oh so happy here is the Kona Pressed Pot

Oh yes... You have no idea how happy I am to see you...

Full and Fully Caffeinated... we were able to walk right out and get on the monorail to make Rope Drop for the MK

Why do I always feel like I'm going to cry when I see this? (not because I want a new camera... but because I'm a total sentimental goober for the Magic Kingdom...)

& a Waiting Eric is planning & scheming Eric... (Hmmm... how long will it take us to get to our Destination???

David just contentedly in his own thoughts while sporting his rather dapper Goofy hat...

And it's Open... Down Main Street...

Stopping for a quick photo in front of the castle...

First Destination in site... New Fantasyland...

Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #268
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Love Raglan Road! That bread pudding is awesome, isn't it??

RR was awesome... I'd like some of that bread budding right now...

The Ridemakerz sounds like a lot of fun for David!
It was and for Eric as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I agree with you about Photobucket. Everyone seems to be displeased with the "new" one. It blows. We have a trip coming up soon and I was wondering if I should switch over to Flickr, but I have so much invested in Photobucket that I am not sure I WANT to switch.

I'm really unhappy right now... I can't figure out what's going on ... I need some time to really play around... I don't want to upload a lot more photos either... same situ with a trip coming up and I don't know what to do with the photos till I at least figure it out...

I guess I will have to and see if they work things out between now and then. I understand that the pictures are all out of order and that is very crucial to me and all of us who write trip reports. We tell the story through our photos and if they aren't in the right order .... well that is a deal breaker. Also, the size of the photos seems to be an issue as well.
Sigh I know if you figure it out please let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Raglan Road is a favorite of ours, too...the food, the music, the dancing! That bread pudding is SO good!

It really is pretty awesome...

No Goofy's Candy Company? Say it ain't so!?!?
I know it's pretty sad... but that bread pudding really did me in...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #269
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha we usually show up way too early for our ADR's too! We love Kona Cafe, that's definitely one of my favorite Disney breakfasts!

New Fantasyland!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #270
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I got two updates behind. Catching up on everyone's TR now.

Congrats on two weeks until spring break. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Love your Raglan Road dinner. I am looking forward to eating there again this summer. The last time I ate there I didn't get a good view of the dancer and musicians.

What little boy doesn't want to make their own car?

Yummy breakfast!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: