DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

First time BLT

Hi all.

We used to go to WDW at least twice a year and most years more. However, we haven't been since Oct of 2011 and we aren't going back till April 2013 for my daughters 7th grade class trip. We were going to book with the class but it wasn't a "deal" and I haven't seen any FD offerings etc. so yesterday I just decided we'd use our DVC points to book the April trip.

Generally, we like to stay in a 1 br but since my DD will be at POR with her class, I booked BLT! We got a lake view studio! I could have gotten all but the first day at AKV Value Studio but figured what the heck and booked BLT. AKV is our home resort and we love it there but we've always wanted to try out BLT so this is a great chance to do so. 1) With just DH, myself and DD7 we won't feel cramped. 2) DD12 will get to stay with us for one night to experience it. Win Win!

We'll get to walk to MK, take the monorail to EP and the boat to our dinner at Artist Point!

Any pointers? Anything special that goes on there? Rooms are all equal? I'm pretty sure but just confirming that they have a kids club?

Woo Hoo!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

You are going to really enjoy BLT. That is our home resort, however we did our first stay there in September. We had a lake view (studio) and loved it. We were on the outter part of the building and had a great view of Bay Lake and was able to see all the icons of the different parks (minus Cinderella's Castle). We were also on the 14th floor, which was a little daunting at first but I got used to it right away. The walk to and from MK was awesome and it was short walk over to CR to catch the monorail. As for the kid's club I really can't answer that since our kids aren't really into that. Don't forget to go up to the TOTWL to watch Wishes and to have a drink inside . Have a great trip .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
prayx
Earning My Ears

We just returned from our first trip using our new DVc. Blt is very nice. We also had a view of the lake. We were very surprised at the outside noise from the fireworks and the water parade. I have a 2 yr old and the first night we were in a little early. It's beautiful as an adult, and you have older children, but the noise is loud if you're trying to sleep. Not complaining, just giving information. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

The few times we have stayed there we've loved it!! Try and ask for a higher floor, and close to the elevator near the bridge to CR. Sooo easy to hop over there to use their great food court and refill mugs. The view is tremendous higher up!! And what a surprise one night to watch the water parade, I had no idea it came by there. You are going to love it.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

i'm headed to a lake view one bedroom the end of february for a week. a real splurge in terms of points, but i'm worth it! my first trip too.
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Very excited! We will be in a studio for a couple of nights for the first time in a month.
Just 2 of us so not too worried about being cramped. Was able to get standard view so I know we will be somewhere on the 1st - 4th floor. Would love to be on a higher floor but just too frugal with my points.

Have 4 nights next September, again in a standard view. Hope we like it.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

I, too, am an owner at BLT, but have only stayed once, for 10 days!!! It is fun. We had a std view studio, but it wasn't bad. We were on the 3rd floor, I think, but the noise from the inner courtyard area where the pool is at the edge of wasn't too bad. Its a different feel than that of other resorts, but still VERY Disney. You will love it. The TOTWL is amazing, especially when parks are busy and you're tired, but you want to watch the fireworks. The music is piped in and everything. When we were there for 10 days, we ended up watching them from the top floor about 6 times. Also, if you have refillable mugs, they also have a little fountain in the pool area that may be easier to get to, especially if you are just catching a bus or walking to the parks, not needed the monorail.

We are going there on Monday and have a 1 bedroom, lake view. I'm hoping for a great view, but this will be my first time in a 1 br period, so it will be a fun experience!!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
kathyboby
Earning My Ears

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
kathyboby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

BLT owner as well. Head over to the resort forum. There are two threads that are really helpful with info about BLT/ CR. We are usually studio people since it is cheaper, and find that the space saving/ contemporary design of the studios does help the size of the room, as they are the smallest DVC studios. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Cee
DIS Veteran

Wonderful! I long to stay at BLT. With the exception of Kidani Village, it's the only DVC we haven't experienced yet.

Have a blast!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Wonderful! I long to stay at BLT. With the exception of Kidani Village, it's the only DVC we haven't experienced yet.

Have a blast!
Thanks! You totally need to get over to Kidani Village. We love that the 1 bedroom has two bathrooms! So convenient for a family of four.

Jen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: